Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Mid-Season TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2019, 06:53 AM
Fan Forum Legend

The Good Place - S03E10: The Book of Dougs - Thursday, January 10

The Good Place - S03E10: "The Book of Dougs" - Thursday, January 10

S03E10: "The Book of Dougs"
Michael's resolve is put to the test. Meanwhile, Jason wrestles with his feelings and Chidi surprises Eleanor.

RULES

+ Respect each others opinions.
+ Please do not quote a previous post with the intent to argue or insult.
+ No bashing of producers, writers, directors, actors, fanbases etc. is allowed.
+ Most importantly, have fun!
Old 01-11-2019, 09:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't know what this board's rule is for how long we have to wait to talk about the episode so I'm gonna put my thoughts in spoilers tags until I know for sure.

Spoiler:

N i c o l e ~ Tumblr | Podcast | Fanfiction | Twitter
WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 07:46 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Side note - if no one has gotten into the Good Place in 500 years, why do the Good Place residents/employees all wear modern-ish clothing? Wouldn't that look weird to the people 'living' there? Unless it's like the language filter where they appear recognizable to whoever is looking at them.
yea i was wondering about that too.. but yeah probably will/can be explain away with that

like that they are going with unintended consequences bc it's true... even if a person could consider all possible consequences of their actions they still wouldn’t be able to do anything about it.. the world is so flawed.. trying to go through life without negatively impacting someone is impossible.. any action if you go far enough could hurt someone, the environment, etc

trying our best to help other people should count for more than accidentally hurting them

http://rocktheholygrail.tumblr.com/p...onsequences-to

Last edited by karamel; 01-12-2019 at 08:21 AM
karamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 10:36 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
I don't know what this board's rule is for how long we have to wait to talk about the episode so I'm gonna put my thoughts in spoilers tags until I know for sure.

Spoiler:
This was a great ep.
loveher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 07:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

https://humorgifs.tumblr.com/post/181913862033
Old 01-12-2019, 07:54 PM
Dedicated Fan

this episode is proof alone that it deserves all the Emmys, golden globes, critics choice awards and SAGs. it gets funnier and funnier every episode and the character development in this one makes me so happy. they've come so far!
inalandslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 10:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Another question I have - Mindy is in a Medium Place, but no one has gotten into The Good Place in over 500 years. So how did Mindy live her life? Was she off somewhere living hand to mouth away from capitalism and technology and society in general? How is she the person who has gotten the closest over the past half millennium?

Quote:
Originally Posted by inalandslide (View Post)
this episode is proof alone that it deserves all the Emmys, golden globes, critics choice awards and SAGs. it gets funnier and funnier every episode and the character development in this one makes me so happy. they've come so far!
Agree!

And re: the Jason gifs - I watched the episode with a group of friends and we all sort of stood up and slow clapped that line.

Old 01-13-2019, 09:00 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Another question I have - Mindy is in a Medium Place, but no one has gotten into The Good Place in over 500 years. So how did Mindy live her life? Was she off somewhere living hand to mouth away from capitalism and technology and society in general? How is she the person who has gotten the closest over the past half millennium?
yea that doesnt really make sense since from what they said, she obv wasnt living that kind of life at all hopefully they'll explain that or it'll be one of the only massive plot holes on the show
Old 01-13-2019, 12:07 PM
New Fan

Quote:

Agree!

And re: the Jason gifs - I watched the episode with a group of friends and we all sort of stood up and slow clapped that line.
According to what we learned, getting into the good place is determined by consequentialism expressed as a point system. Mindy immediately prior to her death started an agency that was able to tally points after her death. This is why the bad place protested. Mindy represents the illogic of bureaucracies.
loveher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 05:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by karamel (View Post)
yea that doesnt really make sense since from what they said, she obv wasnt living that kind of life at all hopefully they'll explain that or it'll be one of the only massive plot holes on the show
I had considered maybe everyone was lying about what her life was really like, but I can't come up with a good reason why they would so I don't think that's it.

Old 01-14-2019, 05:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

my fave line from the ep

Old 01-15-2019, 02:08 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Kristen Bell

firstly. 4 oreos IS heaven. thats where they have it all wrong
secondly. what a fantastically fantastic ep.
i was very excited to get back from my trip and catch up. practically the first thing i did.

loved janets progression to real human emotion now.
Jason's refugees line was just wow. they went there *slow clap*
loved tahani's struggle to help her friends and her slow realization that sometimes the more she tried, the worse things got... unintended consequences is such a real raw thing.
and of course eleanor and chidi's growth as well.

and our heavenly architectural demon, so exasperated with bureaucracy. what progression.

this show is just so special.