Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2017, 06:00 PM
Fan Forum Legend

The Good Place - S02E06: "The Trolley Problem" - Thursday, October 19

The Good Place - S02E06: "The Trolley Problem" - Thursday, October 19

S02E06: The Trolley Problem

Chidi and Eleanor tackle a famous ethical dilemma, leading to a conflict with Michael. Meanwhile, Tahani harbors a secret and confides in Janet.

RULES

+ Respect each others opinions.
+ Please do not quote a previous post with the intent to argue or insult.
+ No bashing of producers, writers, directors, actors, fanbases etc. is allowed.
+ Most importantly, have fun!
karamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 09:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveher (View Post)
Yeah, I agree. The Tahani/Jason bit had no lead up prior to the episode - counter to the show's style, though I think they're setting up a scenario where Janet goes crazy. The reboots, I think, will boost her emotions and she is the mainframe of the Good Place/Bad Place.
looks like you called it
Old 10-19-2017, 09:24 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by karamel (View Post)
looks like you called it
I thought Tahani/Jason would be more of a joke relationship, but they had decent chemistry and an interesting romantic subplot.

This show is about to get real intense.
loveher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 07:16 AM
Fan Forum Legend

the fact that they are trying to work it out makes me kinda root for them but jason/janet is still tops for me
Old 10-20-2017, 01:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Kristen Bell

agreed. i wasnt expecting them to actually want to develop the relationship. and by them doing so, its definitely warmed me too them. but janet. oh janet. she's still the one for Jason.

and yeah, nice call on the glitch in the mainframe.

at eleanor noticing that she and michael are actually very similar.
and the shrimp dispensary gift. (and mystery flavor reaction)
and jason and pikachu
Old 10-20-2017, 01:33 PM
Fan Forum Legend

https://goodplacedailly.tumblr.com/p...a-never-ending
Old 10-20-2017, 04:37 PM
Dedicated Fan

i really love that they keep the shrimp as one of their running jokes. so far, this is definitely my favorite episode of the season! this show always makes me laugh throughout an episode, but especially this one and i think it was an excellent one for william jackson harper

i had a feeling janet's excessive rebooting would be the reason she goes crazy, like d'arcy said, but now i'm wondering if it has anything to do with potential residual "feelings" for jason from her second version that's causing her to go haywire too. it'd make sense if she retains awareness and becomes more human-like each time she's rebooted too
inalandslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 04:43 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by inalandslide (View Post)
i really love that they keep the shrimp as one of their running jokes. so far, this is definitely my favorite episode of the season! this show always makes me laugh throughout an episode, but especially this one and i think it was an excellent one for william jackson harper

i had a feeling janet's excessive rebooting would be the reason she goes crazy, like d'arcy said, but now i'm wondering if it has anything to do with potential residual "feelings" for jason from her second version that's causing her to go haywire too. it'd make sense if she retains awareness and becomes more human-like each time she's rebooted too
When Janet married Jason and they're on the train to the Medium Place, she said she initiated a "Ride or Die" protocol. I think that wasn't erased and some sliver of her feelings for Jason reside there.
loveher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 04:55 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveher (View Post)
When Janet married Jason and they're on the train to the Medium Place, she said she initiated a "Ride or Die" protocol. I think that wasn't erased and some sliver of her feelings for Jason reside there.
YES! and i read an article a while ago how she and eleanor might be the "key" to getting out of the bad place, because it seems like they're the ones who either always feel like something isn't right, or in janet's case, somehow knew to take jason to eleanor because he wanted to talk to her about "something." i don't know how this fits in now that things have shifted again with team cockroach knowing michael's plan and working together, but it could still mean something
inalandslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 07:16 PM
Fan Forum Legend

yess the ride and die protocol

i think janet malfunctioning now def has to do with jason/tahani.. cus everytime she goes weird in this ep was when she had to deal with them/their relationship getting better
Old 10-21-2017, 12:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Kristen Bell

https://www.theatlantic.com/entertai...roblem/543393/
'The Good Place' recap: All aboard the Ethics Express - Baltimore Sun

ride or die did it. bring on the cacti
Old 10-21-2017, 06:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

https://tgpgifs.tumblr.com/post/1665...et-what-do-you

loading brallie...