Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-28-2013, 06:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Anna/Elsa | (Kristen/Idina) Thread #1: B/C Frozen is, first and foremost, a tale of sisterly love

I'm Olaf, and I like warm hugs, Anna and Elsa - from Walt Disney’s “Frozen”

Supporters:
1. Mason30
2. karamel
3. cherrypie12345

Last edited by karamel; 12-07-2017 at 01:44 PM
karamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 08:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

i love that idina is a fan of kristen too i am still so excited that they got to work together and actually did some sessions together
ElectricHearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 06:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Kristen Bell

yeah. i'm really excited they got to record together.
now if we could just get some footage of them from when they were singing wind beneath my wings in acappella i could die happy.
Old 10-29-2013, 04:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

that would be amazing, i hope they put that on the dvd or something
Old 10-30-2013, 07:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Kristen Bell

i hope somebody had the presence of mind to record it.
Old 10-30-2013, 01:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Kristen Bell

Once again, i hope someone was recording.

Quote:
Who do I thank for casting Ms. Menzel for the role of Elsa?

Beck: Well that was all of us, but our casting director [Jamie Spare Roberts] brought Idina in. We always thought, who could do this? Because we knew the songs were going to be outrageous. And just that character, the strength of her. Of course we had seen her in Wicked, and knew what an amazing talent she was. But I always told Idina, and didn’t realize this when I was working with her was that the character of Elsa is so powerful yet there is a really vulnerable side to her, and Idina is the same way. Her persona is very powerful, but she is very sweet, and it comes out in Elsa, this vulnerable side. Besides the voice, which we knew was killer, the acting.

We did a table read. One of our table reads was with Kristen [Bell]. Kristen Bell was in and she did Anna, and Idina Menzel was in. And we actually put John Lassester in between them.

They read through the script, and of course it was wonderful, but we had no songs yet. We had to show the power of music for this film. They sang this beautiful song, and they sang it to each other. There wasn’t a dry eye in the house. It was just magical.

Lee: And John’s right in the middle.

Beck: That’s right.

Del Vecho: And then Bobby and Kristen lean to each other and say: “We have to write a song that tops that.”

You guys talk about how Kristen and Idina did a table read together, did they have a chance to record their voices together during the recording process.

Lee: We did do some. It was really a two year process with them. What we do every 10 to 12 weeks in storyboards or whatever form it is in, and we rerecord the dialogue as much as we can with the actors. And we bring all the directors John and Ed [Catmull], and we really watch them, and see what we can push and what we can do better, and we do that 7 times. We were rerecording a lot. On the Key emotional scenes particularity, Kristen and Idina, we wanted them together. We wanted Santino [Fontana] and Kristen together.

Del Vecho: We even got Kristen and Idina together for one of the songs, because that really helped elevate the song because they had a duet in the movie, and it definitely helped.

“Frozen” Interview: Directors Chris Buck & Jennifer Lee Talk Casting Kristen Bell And Idina Menzel, Finding The Music, And Walt Disney’s Legacy | MovieViral
Old 10-30-2013, 06:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

hope so too. sounds amazing
Old 10-31-2013, 02:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Kristen Bell

Old 11-01-2013, 03:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Kristen Bell

Quote:
A very important component of the movie is Bell's chemistry with Menzel, as the two play sisters. According to Buck, they tried to get them recording together in the same room as often as their schedules would allow, but there were other options if that didn't work out. "Sometimes if you can't bring them together you'll have recorded one already and you'll have them listen and respond quickly, like they would in a real conversation, so they're not just reading lines," he says.

One scene in particular was important to have them in the room together, though. "They do sing a song together and really having them together was huge," Lee remembers. "It was wonderful doing the scenes leading into it together. It's amazing how the emotion that you get in their voices that can actually be translated through rigging onto the characters.
'Frozen' directors Jennifer Lee and Chris Buck talk Kristen Bell, music and chemistry - Zap2it
Old 11-01-2013, 06:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Even today, Bell sometimes performs at charity benefits in the Los Angeles area, where she said she has performed with Menzel before.
Frozen: Kristen Bell, Disney's First Adorkable Princess, Has Choice Words for Predecessors - Disney News by StitchKingdom.com

why dont we ever get any of these :/
Old 11-02-2013, 03:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Kristen Bell

weren't they both at the Altzheimers event last year?
although that was only a tiny snippet of them. we could definitely do with more footage.
Old 11-12-2013, 07:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Old 11-13-2013, 12:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Kristen Bell

Old 11-17-2013, 12:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Kristen Bell

Fil-Am composer Robert Lopez of ‘Frozen’ praised for talent