Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2016, 07:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

ROCKY WHY YOU MAKE ME CRY?

But yeah, I love that no matter what happens in Maya's life right now, she has her mom and now her dad to turn to
Old 08-16-2016, 12:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ I'm sorry for making you cry ...but it's really all Shawn and Maya. Every time they come face-to-face, they manage to leave us all gooey inside. Shawn fills a hole that Maya has had since her dad left, and Maya fills a hole that Shawn has had since he realized that he would never have what Cory and Topanga have.

He's officially her dad! I love being reminded of that.
Old 08-16-2016, 02:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I love that so much!!
Old 08-17-2016, 08:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky845 (View Post)
^ I'm sorry for making you cry ...but it's really all Shawn and Maya. Every time they come face-to-face, they manage to leave us all gooey inside. Shawn fills a hole that Maya has had since her dad left, and Maya fills a hole that Shawn has had since he realized that he would never have what Cory and Topanga have.

He's officially her dad! I love being reminded of that.
It's just magical what happens when those two come into a scene together
Old 08-17-2016, 06:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ That's true. Even before I started watching the show, I cast Maya in Shawn's place ('cause they were/are the best friends to the main characters). Then when I started watching the show, it just solidified that assumption when I started noticing how similar the two characters really are. I actually did a huge cheer when they finally met in Home for the Holidays, because it was something that I was hoping for since I start noticing their similiarities.
Old 08-19-2016, 07:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I know! I really wish I would have had the chance to see it all in sequence, instead of the jumble I got it in...
Old 08-20-2016, 04:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ What do you mean? How did you watch it? What's a jumble?

I kind of wish Rider was a regular cast member. Now that Shawn and Katy are married, now I want Shawn/Maya moments in every episode from now on.
Old 08-20-2016, 05:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I only got Disney Channel in September, when it came to Canada, and I saw the episode as they were running as reruns for the most part. I only saw them in the intended order in the hiatus between s2 and s3

I really wish he was, too...
Old 08-20-2016, 10:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ I remember the free preview I got of the Disney Channel when it first came to Canada. I was just starting to watch Girl Meets World, so I PVRed the episodes and watched them when I got to those episodes.

At this point, I'll take mentions of what he's up to. For a few years now, I've lowered expectations so much that I would be happy with my favorite character or ship being mentioned since they aren't shows that much or at all.
Old 08-21-2016, 10:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That might have been the smart thing to do but I was too impatient

I totally didn't realize he was in so few episodes when I was catching up, since it all happened fairly quickly I do hope he is mentioned more We don't have the three-episode thing with Katy, so let's hope she talks about her new hubby And Maya can talk about her new dad!

(Also if all else fails I may be working on a fic that features them prominently )
Old 08-21-2016, 03:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ It frustrated me more than anything. You see, sometimes the episodes would start late, which meant I would miss the last few minutes of some of the episodes. I had to re-watch those episodes another way.

I'm trying to think about which Boy Meets World characters I knew had showed up on Girl Meets World before I started watching it. I just knew about Minkus and Eric. I'll take whatever they give us. He doesn't have to make an appearance for us to feel his presence in the episodes. I'm really hoping that there are more father/daughter moments to come. My brain is swirling with the possibilities.

( Ooh, I want to read it! )
Old 08-22-2016, 12:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah I know, that's why when I recorded them after a while I added extra time

Mmm I don't really remember what I knew ahead of time... I wasn't on FF yet or anything, and didn't follow that many people who posted stuff for it on tumblr... yet

(If I can just get back to writing it )
Old 08-22-2016, 02:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ Well, the first episode that I watched close to its original air date was Cory and Topanga. That's all of season one and most of season two where I had to deal with possible missing minutes.

You're lucky that you discovered the show on your own without getting spoiled. It was pretty unavoidable for me to remain spoiler-free, since I posted with posters and followed tumblr bloggers who talked about and/or re-blogged gif sets before I started watching the show. At this stage in the game, I can only be spoiler-free if the choice is in my hands, like not watching videos with future episode titles in their descriptions.

( I wish you luck. I know how hard it is to get back into the groove of writing if it's been a while or if it's the first time writing something. )

Are there any moments in Shawn's past that you would want him to share with Maya?
Old 08-22-2016, 04:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think the first one I saw as it was airing was Rah Rah? Or the one before that... Think it was right around Rileytown that I started getting them piled up. The first one I saw after I'd seen all the other episodes, it was either New Year or after that, because my last missing one was Home for the Holidays...

Well I knew the show was coming when it was gonna be coming, being a BMW fan I wanted to see it, but I had no means to do so, until they brought on Disney Channel up here, and then it was like GIVE IT TO ME!

(I just got distracted with other projects, and then I got the two modships back to back I have a lot of writing projects going at the same time )

All of it, really, I would love to see them talk about stuff for ages, but it's a short show, and they couldn't give them the whole episode for that
Old 08-23-2016, 06:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

x
Closed Thread   Post New Thread