Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2020, 10:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I agree, they were never Cory & Topanga - so what does he mean by that? That no one else is allowed to end up with someone they dated in high school?!

& the realism argument is so bypocritical imo, because having Shawn then end up with his best friend's daughter's best friend's mother so that they could all be happy families together is even less realistic.
Old 05-28-2020, 02:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ The fact that Shawn and Angela wrote their own love story (i.e. they didn't try to copy Cory and Topanga's love story) was one of the reasons I really loved them. It was so beautiful to watch two people who were new to the relationship game figure out how to build a solid relationship together on their terms.
Old 05-28-2020, 06:39 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

I agree. I always loved that they both decided to be scared together when exploring a real relationship since they both never had that before.
Old 05-30-2020, 10:09 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Yeah, & their relationship was very much their own. They never tried to be Cory & Topanga, they were just in love, they were themselves in the relationship & loved each other for who they truly were

Topanga (to Katy): You know, it’s something I’d never thought I’d see… the way his eyes light up. I’ve known Shawn almost his entire life, and I have never seen his eyes light up like that.
https://starrylilac.tumblr.com/post/...s-something-id
Old 05-30-2020, 04:15 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

Whew, I love that gifset! It just really shows their chemistry in so many ways. I always loved that first one, their flirting was so hot how Angela was like "What is it with you, is that a new shirt?" and Shawn is all giddy and happy not realizing it's Angela doing that to him. I also love the cute, shy way she said "bye!" Even Shawn giving her the cup and she drinks out of it, that little gesture shows how comfortable they are with each other. Also love the one where they just started making out in front of Topanga (love that episode when they are just kissing the entire time lol) Yeah, I loved that they didn't want to be like Cory and Topanga and just wanted to be themselves with each other. Like when they went to that fancy restaurant and Shawn hated wearing that suit Cory gave him and Angela told him to never wear a suit again, or telling the waiter to get them burgers and fries if they can instead of that crazy fancy food. It was really refreshing, and no one is ever going to buy them trying to rewrite history and downgrade them on GMW. GTFOOH.

Last edited by Butterfly85; 06-01-2020 at 01:13 PM
Old 06-01-2020, 10:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

ICA, & no one is ever going to believe the rewrite they pulled. That gifset just really shows how happy Angela made Shawn, we never saw him happier than that
Old 06-20-2020, 05:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly85 (View Post)
I agree. I always loved that they both decided to be scared together when exploring a real relationship since they both never had that before.
Exactly. What worked for Cory and Topanga wasn't going to work for Shawn and Angela, and vice versa. It was definitely best that the two couples did their own thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starryeyesxx (View Post)
Yeah, & their relationship was very much their own. They never tried to be Cory & Topanga, they were just in love, they were themselves in the relationship & loved each other for who they truly were

Topanga (to Katy): You know, it’s something I’d never thought I’d see… the way his eyes light up. I’ve known Shawn almost his entire life, and I have never seen his eyes light up like that.
https://starrylilac.tumblr.com/post/...s-something-id
That is fantastic! I wish we could use your post as a thread title.

I love that gif set, especially the caption.
Old 06-21-2020, 02:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Not only did she make him happy, but we never saw him flustered or kind of goofy like he did with Angela
Old 06-21-2020, 05:30 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

I love how Shawn was so confident with other girls, but when he first realized he loved Angela he was falling all over himself. He was a mess lol.
Old 06-22-2020, 12:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Yeah, it was so different! & so cute

https://herapotter.tumblr.com/post/3...ys-meets-world

Old 06-22-2020, 02:05 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

Another great gifset. Love the one with them making out on the bed lol.
Old 06-23-2020, 12:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Not only did she make him happy, but we never saw him flustered or kind of goofy like he did with Angela
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly85 (View Post)
I love how Shawn was so confident with other girls, but when he first realized he loved Angela he was falling all over himself. He was a mess lol.
The fact that it was the first time Shawn acted that way with a girl showed that Angela wasn't going to be a passing fancy for him. Clearly she was someone that he was going to keep in his heart.

Quote:
Yeah, it was so different! & so cute

https://herapotter.tumblr.com/post/3...ys-meets-world

Yes, it was.

Aw, I love it!
Old 06-23-2020, 07:13 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

I love that Angela was the first girl Shawn wanted to be serious with and have a relationship with.
Old 06-24-2020, 10:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Same, she really stood out against the crowd for him

My fave moment from that gifset might be the first kiss, but it's hard to choose
Old 06-24-2020, 03:31 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

I love their first kiss. It was so cute when Angela was like "I want what they have" then they kissed. I just loved them ready to take the plunge together.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread