Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-30-2016, 11:26 AM
Elite Fan

The writers are off their rockers to say that Maya doesn't like Lucas like that (and vice versa)
Old 07-30-2016, 11:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

The fact that she teases him alone proves it imo...I mean, it's not like she teases everyone, he's the only one she acts that way with! If he wasn't, then it would be different, but he is. Also, in the campfire scene, she pretty much admitted it

& now we know that he lets her because he likes it
Old 07-30-2016, 11:30 AM
Elite Fan

Well...I guess we're stuck for now. I hope we still get some good scenes between the 2 of them though.
Old 07-30-2016, 11:31 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I wouldn't hold my breath....their relationship was always so flirty, can't really picture how they're gonna act around each other now
Old 07-30-2016, 12:16 PM
Elite Fan

I'm sure she'll still give him a hard time.
Old 07-30-2016, 12:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I don't know, I think that now he's 'Riley's' she might feel like she can't do that as much anymore.
Old 07-30-2016, 12:21 PM
Elite Fan

I guess only time will tell.
Old 07-30-2016, 12:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Yeah, but I think it's going to be hard for us a for a while
Old 07-30-2016, 12:24 PM
Elite Fan

I am glad they resolved the triangle. And if anything, it showed how ridiculous triangles are. The only way the writers could write themselves out of the corner was to come up with some seriously weird logic.
Old 07-30-2016, 12:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Yeah, especially as they didn't want anyone to get hurt,, the only way was going to have to be some comple BS....but I think it's just going to lead to more hurt later.
Old 07-30-2016, 01:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

being spoiled helps a lot because if i hadnt been spoiled i would have been uber disappointed. so I'm going to continue to read spoilers. and i dont know whats true and what isn't but there are a lot of great theories that i will stick to. if you do like spoilers you should follow theowldetective.tumblr.com because they have very interesting theories on the show.

i USED to be fine with Joshaya, back when I felt they had some angst and stuff but SL2 kinda killed it for a little, I didnt like that Josh was all "someday" already. Like, we haven't seen him in a while and he comes back and suddenly is okay with the idea of josh/maya? it just felt rushed to me...

Quote:
I mean, think about it, two best friends that love each other so much, that one starts to dress & act like the other, so much so she even tries to be with the guy friend 1 likes so she can understand their relationship better & have the same experiences as her - that sounds more like a single white female movie then a tv show about an epic friendship between two girls tbh

So true, but frankly, its not... Like, Maya was not Riely nor was she acting like Riely. PEOPLE CHANGE PEOPLE. Maya has changed, she's grown up. She's not the same girl from season 1. And I think its gonna take some time but I do think shes gonna realize it.

And to me its intersting because people say Maya lost herself and now shes herself again and she doesnt like Lucas, but to iMO seeing her wish Josh, she didnt seem like herself. She was a little jokey, but for the most part not her fun Maya self. She's ALWAYS been that way with Lucas. Like Sophie said, hes the only one she iS that way around.
Old 07-30-2016, 01:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I was spoiled too thank God, can't imagine how I would have felt if I wasn't....

But yeah, I agree about Maya not being herself. I think that she's subconsciously jumping on the chance to 'maybe someday' be with Josh because she wants a way out. The great irony is that Josh said she created these feelings for Lucas because she's an amazing friend and wanted to protect Riley....in my opinion, she's invent reasons that she doesn't like Lucas because she's an amazing friend and wants to protect Riley.

& also because her hope has been blown to smithereens.
Old 07-30-2016, 01:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

Exactly. Liking Lucas hurts everyone in the situation so she;s being the same Maya she's always been, the good friend, that steps aside for Riley. She goes for a "someday" with Josh because she wants to make it easier on everyone and stop hurting people.

100% in character.
Old 07-30-2016, 01:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

It really is, & nobody even seems to care that she's doing that

I guess everyone just believes her when she says she doesn't like Lucas....
Old 07-30-2016, 02:09 PM
Elite Fan

Someone just needs to let Maya think for herself. People keep telling her how she feels.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread