Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2020, 08:04 AM
New Fan

Just that one scene had more chemistry and sparks than any Rucas scene in all 3 seasons.
stardustmoonbeams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 02:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

^ Agree!

The almost kiss was so good! And I was thinking the other day how mean the writers were because i heard them say they didn't want ti to be about triangle but then why did they build up LM SO MUCH in season 2 and really make it seem like it was going that way? Just the way they looked at each other was always so flirty and cute.

Like having Riley say that Maya liked Lucas since the train and she stepped back for her? Like, wtf. Why would they put all that in just to destroy it? So frustrating.

I have to believe they would have eventually gone back to them in the highschool years. As well as done farkle/riley because thats just the vibe the show was putting out, but of course the writers will never say anything bout it.

Okay, here are the 2nd part of season 1 banners. I will add these in tomorrow.

As for season 3 I am planning to do a rewatch and when I do I can write up a little summary. I might even be able to make some banners if I can find caps.

Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 06:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ I think so too. I don't understand why TPTB have two characters interact and then they don't consider changing their show's plan when they see how much chemistry those characters have. Clearly there was a spark between Lucas and Maya that deserved to be explored. I'm sad that we didn't get a chance to see that.

I've always felt that way. There was no way TPTB weren't going to re-visit Lucas and Maya down the road when the timing was right/they were both ready. I will cling to that thought forever.

Great job, Alexa!
Icon credit ordinary
rocky845 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 08:48 AM
Fan Forum Star

I agree, I honestly never saw any romantic chemistry between Riley & Lucas, & whenever they tried to force it, it was just cringe-inducing
Old 05-26-2020, 08:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

I didnt think they were that cringey (though some of their scenes and lines were) but I just didnt see the chemistry there. They didnt seem to fit for me and felt really blah together. I guess Rowan being a bit younger than Peyton sort of showed for me.

Plus when Peyton and Sabrina were around each other you could just feel the chemistry between them, like they really enjoyed being in scenes together. i think they were pretty good friends at the time too, so that makes a lot of sense.

Plus, I didnt like the way Rucas was written. It felt too cliche and like, teeny bopper romance? I felt like the push and pull and the banter between Lucas and Maya was so much more enjoyable to watch? They pushed each other and made it each other better in a lot of ways. Riley was too passive for Lucas and didnt hold him accountable when he made mistakes but Maya did, and Lucas was so good for Maya and really made her want to open up more, and I love how he always stood up for her and protected her. Their development was so slow but fun to watch.

Okay, adding the rest of the season 1 banners in and will start on season 2 tomorrow.
Old 05-26-2020, 10:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by starryeyesxx (View Post)
I agree, I honestly never saw any romantic chemistry between Riley & Lucas, & whenever they tried to force it, it was just cringe-inducing
I honestly felt the same way. I never saw any romantic chemistry with them either but with Lucas and Maya that was a different story.
msstock87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 12:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
I didnt think they were that cringey (though some of their scenes and lines were) but I just didnt see the chemistry there. They didnt seem to fit for me and felt really blah together. I guess Rowan being a bit younger than Peyton sort of showed for me.

Plus when Peyton and Sabrina were around each other you could just feel the chemistry between them, like they really enjoyed being in scenes together. i think they were pretty good friends at the time too, so that makes a lot of sense.

Plus, I didnt like the way Rucas was written. It felt too cliche and like, teeny bopper romance? I felt like the push and pull and the banter between Lucas and Maya was so much more enjoyable to watch? They pushed each other and made it each other better in a lot of ways. Riley was too passive for Lucas and didnt hold him accountable when he made mistakes but Maya did, and Lucas was so good for Maya and really made her want to open up more, and I love how he always stood up for her and protected her. Their development was so slow but fun to watch.

Okay, adding the rest of the season 1 banners in and will start on season 2 tomorrow.
I love your post, especially the parts in bold.
Icon credit ordinary
rocky845 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 07:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

I agree with the way rucas was written too, that fed into why the chemistry didn't work imo. I mean, it just showed a pre-teen girl's dream version of a relationship instead of how actual pre-teens act & feel
Old 05-27-2020, 02:06 PM
New Fan

Rucas was cringey for me because I found their scenes together so awkward and uncomfortable throughout the whole series... I mean, I'd literally physically cringe.

It didn't even get better after the ski lodge, they still either wouldn't sit together or when they did there was a huge physical distance between them. The few times they did hold hands, it looked like it was actually painful for them to do.

That compared to how Riley showed such fondness for Farkle and was comfortable with him physically.
stardustmoonbeams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 12:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

It definitely didn't feel natural with them ever - when they were a 'couple' in s3, several episodes were shot out of order and episodes where they were together were shot in front of audiences before Ski Lodge - no one ever knew or suspected that they were meant to be a couple. No way that would have happened if Maya & Lucas were together!
Old 05-28-2020, 08:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Disney

I felt that even after Lucas and Riley were a “couple” they did not feel like a couple. The chemistry came real natural for Lucas and Maya.
Old 05-29-2020, 10:50 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, there's really no competition between the two

https://sy5starplaty.tumblr.com/post...d-one-thing-to

Old 05-30-2020, 05:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

Especially when they deliver this message that she wanted this perfect relationship and dream guy, and then instead of showing how maybe its not how you think its gonna be, and that love isn't always what you expect, they just stick them together anyways? Like... kind of a cliche/lame message imo.

Quote:
It didn't even get better after the ski lodge, they still either wouldn't sit together or when they did there was a huge physical distance between them. The few times they did hold hands, it looked like it was actually painful for them to do.
I wonder if it was the actors not feeling entirely comfortable? Wasn't there a bit of an age gap there? I agree though, it seemed really awkward with them.

Okay, here are part 1/3 of the season 2 banners. We have 51 total, that is WAY too many, so we do need to start thinking about how many we want to delete? maybe we should have 30 total instead, 10 in season 1 and 20 in season 2? IDK, what do you guys think?

Old 05-30-2020, 09:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Disney

There is no competition between them two. Looking back there was so many hints even at the beginning.
Old 05-31-2020, 08:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

The age difference might have been apart of it, whatever the reasons were though, the writers needed to realize that it just wasn't working between the two of them

Thanks for doing the s2 arts