Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2018, 03:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I know, I didn't even ship them then & I thought he was into Maya!
Old 02-13-2018, 08:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

Looking at it, you would think he is right off the bat!
I am an original”
Old 02-14-2018, 08:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I think he was definitely intrigued by her & attracted to her, right from the beginning
Old 02-15-2018, 11:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by starryeyesxx (View Post)
Definitely, it was so obvious that she had a huge influence on him & that their connection was more mature than....some other relationships on this show. They helped each other grow, & they grew closer as a result - that's really the most important thing
Seeing their influences on each other when they weren't even together was awesome! I'm disappointed that they didn't get a chance to shine as a couple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msstock87 (View Post)
I felt that these two had the most growth with each other, and had the potential to grow more.
Quote:
Yes! I think that's what appealed to me too. I feel that they had the ability to go deeper with each other.
Exactly! Who knows what could have been?

Quote:
Yes, their connection was on a deeper level and connection.
Quote:
Probably best they explore it when they're a bit older then, which I'm sure they will
I completely agree. I don't think either one of them was ready to be in a relationship with each other...but they would have been ready in a few years. That's why it makes me sad that the show didn't last long enough for them to get to that point.
Old 02-16-2018, 01:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Same, I'm sure that we would have seen an amazing journey of Maya & Lucas coming together

mayapenelopehart
Old 02-17-2018, 12:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ I love the pairings of scenes in each row.

Quote:
If that scene had been the first scene I ever saw of them, then I would have been clued in a lot sooner than I was. =p

Quote:
Even that first scene where she pushed Riley into his lap, he is still looking at Maya.
I didn't even notice that! I love it!
Old 02-17-2018, 12:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I thought it seemed like there was a spark with Lucas & Maya from the beginning, but I didn't think it was intentional, I thought the writers just didn't realize how flirty they were making them
Old 02-17-2018, 09:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

That's what I thought too. I thought I was crazy, but then when I found a lot of other people noticing too....
I am an original”
Old 02-17-2018, 11:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I thought it seemed like there was a spark with Lucas & Maya from the beginning, but I didn't think it was intentional, I thought the writers just didn't realize how flirty they were making them
Those are the best ships, when TPTB have two characters interact without the intention of pairing them up later on in a show. Then fans see those characters together and they see something special, and they pester TPTB for more scenes between those two characters. Some of my favorite ships started out that way.

Last edited by rocky845; 02-18-2018 at 08:53 PM
Old 02-18-2018, 02:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

A couple of mine are like that too, I love when it's those kind of situations where you put the characters first, follow their lead & let the relationships fall where they may
Old 02-19-2018, 11:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ The flip side of that is TPTB realize how popular and special a ship is, and they decide to kind of force their moments. Moments that were natural and beautiful somehow become manufactured. Part of me thinks that TPTB did that with Lucas and Maya.

Last edited by rocky845; 02-19-2018 at 11:12 PM
Old 02-20-2018, 05:16 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I don't think that, any scenes in particular where you think they feel forced?

I think they have bad moments like that, especially in s3, where you can't tell if there's meant to be tension between Lucas & Maya, or if the writers are avoiding giving them any little moments on purpose. Like in SDLM (I think that's the ep), where they're sitting next to each other at Topanga's, but they just don't look at each other. They group are all talking, but they manage to avoid eye contact....makes me think of that Lucas quote in the s2 finale "we can't even look at each other anymore"
Old 02-21-2018, 12:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ I don't know why I posted that those moments were forced. I didn't mean forced. I just meant that there have been a couple of times where I've seen a difference in tone when two characters interacted before and after the realization that the ship is popular. I'll try to explain what I mean. I don't think TPTB intended for Lucas and Maya to be a possible love match. They just had them share moments here and there where they teased each other, or they connected on a different level, just so there could be a spark in the show. Then TPTB realized that viewers were really digging the moments that Lucas and Maya shared, so they intentionally had them share more meaningful and shippy moments between them. And when they intended to show Lucas and Maya as a love match after that realization, it felt like they were trying too hard to make them shippy, and it didn't feel right. I can't name specific moments right now where I saw those intentional moments. Once I get my re-watch started, I'll post the specific moments.

I wish I could weigh in on that, but I don't remember that. I'll have to re-watch their scenes. Even though I don't remember that specific moment, I do wonder what TPTB's intention was in that moment. It's going to bug me.
Old 02-21-2018, 12:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I still can't decide whether it was intentional - to show that Maya & Lucas simply couldn't be friends & weren't comfortable with each other, or if it was just bad writing
Old 02-22-2018, 11:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ Can we just pretend that it was done to show that Lucas and Maya couldn't be friends and that they weren't comfortable with each other? I would prefer to think that there was tension between them, and that they didn't know how to act around each other anymore.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread