Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2016, 08:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Denial is such a beautiful thing, isn't it?
That's pretty rude Ana. Denial would be if I saw the episode and didn't want to admit what happened. But nothing has aired yet, so lets just wait and see what happens and then we can discuss it when the time comes. I'm not saying they wont turn out to be true but some people would look mighty stupid to be gloating for then nothing to happen.

It was not too long ago that people were 100% sure Josh was gonna show up at new years, despite Uriah's accident.

and I dont see much of a difference between 13/16 and 14/17 or even 15/18. thats still icky and even worse when you are 18 because technically you are an adult at that point...

ill come around to the idea more when maya is 16 and josh is 19. that seems more understandable to me, but frankly, the older the better. i mean, once maya hits 18 then its really not an issue in my eyes whatsoever.
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 08:39 PM
Passionate Fan

I feel like waiting for them to be 18/21 you lose half the fun of the forbidden stuff They're as great as, but you'd have to wait too long and lose the forbidden factor partially. Nah, I like my Joshaya even better when Maya's somewhere between 16 or 17

Why is every joke "rude" to you, anyway? Lol just chill

Oh, and the Uriah situation is completely different, because no one knew whether he was able to film anything or not prior to that, or even when he could be able to go back to filming, which only later we would find out would be in december. There wasn't all this concentration of spoilers, really.
"Because I love you, you idiot!"
AnaMack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 08:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

but you arent joking? you're just being rude. even your "Chill" is rude. i dont think you know how to discuss respectfully.
Old 06-10-2016, 10:07 PM
Passionate Fan

I'm always on my right sense of humour. It must be the different cultures, possibly, because I say nothing to offend, it's friendly banter always.
Old 06-11-2016, 01:17 PM
Elite Fan

Looks as though Uriah is back at LA Center Studios. Possibly will be in the episode they are filming this coming week
icon: rebel hearts
Rebel Hearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 06:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Video Games
Disney

you guys should chill. Remember what they said in Bambi, "If you dont have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all".

That picture of him sleeping makes me wanna take a nap. He looks oddly comfortable there!!

I think 13-16 is a huge difference. I mean, in the states, if you're over 18 and dating someone less than 18, even by a year, it's statutory rape and you are then a sex offender (of course if you have sex but why would you date someone and not have sex? lol). However, fictional Disney world is completely different. Still....aren't they the same age anyways? I see nothing wrong with them dating.
GardenSirens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 08:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the picture, Rebel Heart.
Shipper Of: Holly J Sinclair and Declan Coyne, Degrassi's Power Couple, Sean Cameron and Emma Nelson, JT and Liberty, Drew and Bianca, Miles and Maya, Rob and Kristen Maddie and Wes, Riley and Lucas, Josh and Maya and Chuck and Blair, Jesse McKenna and Becca Thatcher and Simone and Eric Daniel and Noa, Max and Liz, Nikolas and Gia, Monse and Cesar and Ariana and Pete, Josh and Donna and Spencer and Trina, Miles and Lola
Holland Fan Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 08:45 PM
Passionate Fan

THANK GOD!!!!! I need me more Joshie

Well, in GMW they date and don't have sex, I mean, it is Disney. The moment he turns 18 (which is after SL, not that they're gonna have sex anyway, but just sayin'), it is illegal for him to have sex with Maya until she turns 16, when it isn't illegal anymore, since a person who's 16 or older, but younger than 18, can have consensual sex with a person who's 5 years older tops. So before he was 18, it was legal, since Maya was older than 13 and less than 4 years younger than him. Now it will be illegal for a year, and then they're free to sex It will still be Disney though. And no, it's not statutory rape if the person is 16 or older just complementing your info.

And yeah, there's nothing wrong with them DisneyDating. Disney will probably wait until never, since god knows how many seasons we'll have and if they'll deal with sex arcs, but I wish with all my heart Josh and Maya could already be alive and kicking (they don't even have to date, just make out here and there, no strings attached while she's still taking over the world) when they're 16 and 19 dreaming is free of charge
Old 06-11-2016, 09:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Video Games
Disney

then the laws must have changed because when i was in high school (i graduated in 2004) a guy i knew was dating a 17 year old, he was 18, and her parents got pissed they had sex and he to this day is a registered sex offender. Then again, i also went to school with someone who got caught pissing in public and they're on the list, too. Makes no sense to me. I'm a year older than my wife and I was 18 when she was 17 and we...you know...and i'm not in jail lol. Maybe it's state to state. I don't care either way because like you said, it's Disney and they're not going to have that in the show until they're in college or beyond (sex was in BMW).

Enough about sex, lol sorry. I hope to see Josh in more episodes coming up because I feel as the tone of the show gets older...he has a better fit with everyone.
Old 06-11-2016, 09:40 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GardenSirens (View Post)
then the laws must have changed because when i was in high school (i graduated in 2004) a guy i knew was dating a 17 year old, he was 18, and her parents got pissed they had sex and he to this day is a registered sex offender. Then again, i also went to school with someone who got caught pissing in public and they're on the list, too. Makes no sense to me. I'm a year older than my wife and I was 18 when she was 17 and we...you know...and i'm not in jail lol. Maybe it's state to state. I don't care either way because like you said, it's Disney and they're not going to have that in the show until they're in college or beyond (sex was in BMW).

Enough about sex, lol sorry. I hope to see Josh in more episodes coming up because I feel as the tone of the show gets older...he has a better fit with everyone.
Well, it has been 12 years, so they most probably have changed. But also, it all depends on what the charges were and who the judge was. Inconsistencies happen all the time. By nowadays law, they couldn't have charged him for it. Also, in the US you have different laws to different states. Maybe in your state it's different. It's so outraging that he kept filed, though, ugh Yeah, I get mad at the system pretty easily, as the law student I am. BMW was on another network at another time, so, yeah...

He does, though he can already help them through stuff right now. I'd love to see him taking care of drunken Maya, though... too bad it's Disney...

Quote:
Sex with a person under 15 is a Class "D" violent felony if the perpetrator is at least 18. However, it is a defense to this charge if an 18-year-old perpetrator proves by a preponderance that he or she was less than four years older than the victim. This is not a defense to any other charge that might apply, i.e., Sexual misconduct, supra. ("Rape in the second degree," NY Penal Law § 130.30; "Criminal sexual act in the second degree," NY Penal Law § 130.45.)
Quote:
Sex with a person under 13 is a Class "B" violent felony if the perpetrator is at least 18. ("Rape in the first degree," NY Penal Law § 130.35[4]; "Criminal sexual act in the first degree," NY Penal Law § 130.50[4].)
Also known as when Joshaya meets NYC's law.

Quote:
"Sexual contact" with a person less than 17 but at least 14, by a perpetrator who is at least five years older than the victim is "Sexual abuse in the third degree," a class B misdemeanor. (NY Penal Law § 130.55.)
"Sexual contact" with a person less than 14 is "Sexual abuse in the second degree," a Class A misdemeanor, if the perpetrator is at least 16. (NY Penal Law § 130.60[2].)
So, yeah, in NYC they don't even fit for sexual abuse.

Last edited by AnaMack; 06-11-2016 at 09:48 PM
Old 06-12-2016, 12:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Video Games
Disney

Thats good research. Im a few credits away from being a psychologist and love is love. Obvious huge age differences is one thing but high school age: go with your heart!!! Drunk Maya would be interesting
Old 06-12-2016, 02:21 AM
Fan Forum Star

well in my culture, telling someone to "chill" is never fun banter but whatever at this point.

That picture of Uriah is so cute!!!

Quote:
(of course if you have sex but why would you date someone and not have sex? lol)
As an adult, yeah, doesn't make a lot of sense to ME (though some people can be in relationships without sex) but for teenagers I think its pretty common and normal.

Not sure how an 18 year old boy would feel about not having sex, but if he's dating a highschool girl he might need to accept it.

I'm not sure this show will ever touch on that subject at all though unless we are in like, season 6 or sometihng.

Personally I dont think anyone should be having sex until they are 18. Kids are too stupid to be smart.
Old 06-12-2016, 11:05 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Thats good research. Im a few credits away from being a psychologist and love is love. Obvious huge age differences is one thing but high school age: go with your heart!!! Drunk Maya would be interesting
God, I love psychology!!! I have many friends who study it, I just listen to them and share my thoughts I love the subject, I just don't see myself working with it. As opposed to Law. I really dislike laws, but I'd love to work as a lawyer, arguing my ass off

It is! Uri has the cutest pics! Those with his dogs are definitely something...

Well, in mine "chill" is mostly always friendly. It's like "dude, why so serious?", it's a friendly Joker.

Yeah, lots of teenagers date without having sex(Nick Jonas may explain it better). There are even assexuate people who want to date. My friend is willing to the date, for instance, she's just not as into the physical part.

It depends on the boy. Not every 18yo boy is that horny or sex driven, just like not every cheerleader is mean and not every nerd is terrible at having a social life.

I doubt Disney will handle with it, we'll have to pray for ABC or Freeform.

Personally I think it's up to the person, but after 14, please.

Last edited by AnaMack; 06-12-2016 at 11:26 AM
Old 06-12-2016, 02:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Video Games
Disney

I live in the United States and "chill" means "hey man chill, it's cool". Very laid back and something cool people say. and then we have Netflix and Chill which is have sex while watching netflix haha.

Personally, i wouldn't date someone that didn't want to have sex. I'm married so dont need to worry but i'm a man so have different priorities haha.

and yes, psychology kicks ass.
Old 06-12-2016, 06:23 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
I live in the United States and "chill" means "hey man chill, it's cool". Very laid back and something cool people say. and then we have Netflix and Chill which is have sex while watching netflix haha.

Personally, i wouldn't date someone that didn't want to have sex. I'm married so dont need to worry but i'm a man so have different priorities haha.

and yes, psychology kicks ass.
Personally, I don't think Maya would either

Yeah, that's definitely not the "chill" I went for just the first one, that's the chill I did go for
Reply   Post New Thread