Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-13-2016, 11:16 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnaMack (View Post)
A cut out scene? Where was it talked about cutting off a joshaya scene? I haven't heard of anything, and I often read what people who went to the Josh episodes have said. I didn't read a thing about a cut out Joshaya scene.
I got the info from someone that went to the taping. They didn't cut a Joshaya scene in the finale but they cut something that is HUGELY important in giving the implication that Josh and Maya will be together in the future...permanently. I am still hoping that the person is wrong and that what ends up being in the finale is actually what should be there or I'm going to be miffed. When the finale has been shown will post about it not being spoilerish here if you want to know PM me.
WonderingBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 11:33 AM
Loyal Fan

Hi girls? Can I be added to the shippers list? I am so excited for these two and wonder how it will go on! I love Josh, he's such a sweet guy and extremely great fit for Maya.
Old 12-31-2016, 04:49 PM
Passionate Fan

Heey girl! Welcome to the thread!He totally is! He's such a hilarious yet caring and deep character. I can relate to him and fall for him more every scene. I'm looking forward to seeing them this following year and where they'll be taken as well what do you think will happen? What's your favorite scene and when did you start shipping them?

WonderingBliss

I don't think it would help them understand, they only see what they want to see, honestly. Shippers usually do. It would jump over some narrative holes for sure, if they hadn't had to wait until season 3 to end that arc, but shippers would still be mad. Those who don't ship any side are already seeing why Joshaya or the other one would or wouldn't work.

I don't think they knew for sure they wanted Joshaya from the start. I think it is possible, Maya didn't have any other romantic interest for a reason, but I think they were testing the waters at first. They made them openly flirt, both of them, but could they guarantee Uriah would be available as a recurring guest for long? I think they did have it planned, but it might have started as a bet first, then became something concrete. Yeah, I love the idea that Maya would be Riley's aunt and Cory's sister in law, she'll have such a laugh with this for the rest of her life

Oh, I was definitely not ok with how Harry Potter ended. I was enraged, actually. That made no sense at all, as Rowling, Grint and Watson would later admit.

I don't see why Disney wouldn't renew the show. The very idea of Disney having such weird cronograms to air the episodes and in some places not even airing them astounds me, as it is the show with their highest rating. I don't think we're allowed to even mention whether Josh shows up again or not, because it would be spoilery? But I'm pretty content with what I've heard of the ending so far and wouldn't mind the show ending like that, though I would mind, a lot, about not having any more episodes, as this is such a good show. Let's see where Disney takes us. They did renew Liv & Maddie when everyone else thought it was gonna end.

You're talking about the finale? But we don't know if there's anything cut out from it, it hasn't aired yet. You can't cut off a scene on a live taping, if it's there it's there. I don't think they can.

Spoiler:
"Because I love you, you idiot!"
AnaMack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 09:49 AM
New Fan

Quote:

Oh, I was definitely not ok with how Harry Potter ended. I was enraged, actually. That made no sense at all, as Rowling, Grint and Watson would later admit.

I don't see why Disney wouldn't renew the show. The very idea of Disney having such weird cronograms to air the episodes and in some places not even airing them astounds me, as it is the show with their highest rating. I don't think we're allowed to even mention whether Josh shows up again or not, because it would be spoilery? But I'm pretty content with what I've heard of the ending so far and wouldn't mind the show ending like that, though I would mind, a lot, about not having any more episodes, as this is such a good show. Let's see where Disney takes us. They did renew Liv & Maddie when everyone else thought it was gonna end.
I know this is a GMW thread but is that a quote from someone about HP and if so who? I didn't realize that they didn't like the ending. I mean I get the ending but I wanted something else.
I don't know if I'm content or not with the ending we will see who is right and who is wrong with that I have heard. I'm enjoying living in my own fan fic land when it comes to Josh and Maya.
I'm just wondering how long they are going to have to wait for news about a renewal. We all know that the kids have other projects and such and to get everyone back might be a problem especially Sabrina with her schedule. So if they are going to film and get a new season out there they'd need to start pretty soon.
Old 01-02-2017, 09:51 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachade (View Post)
Hi girls? Can I be added to the shippers list? I am so excited for these two and wonder how it will go on! I love Josh, he's such a sweet guy and extremely great fit for Maya.
As Josh would say "Welcome to the party!"

Am curious why do you think Josh is such a great fit for Maya? I mean we know we love them together but am just wondering what everyone's opinion is.
Old 01-02-2017, 07:56 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderingBliss (View Post)
I know this is a GMW thread but is that a quote from someone about HP and if so who? I didn't realize that they didn't like the ending. I mean I get the ending but I wanted something else.
I don't know if I'm content or not with the ending we will see who is right and who is wrong with that I have heard. I'm enjoying living in my own fan fic land when it comes to Josh and Maya.
I'm just wondering how long they are going to have to wait for news about a renewal. We all know that the kids have other projects and such and to get everyone back might be a problem especially Sabrina with her schedule. So if they are going to film and get a new season out there they'd need to start pretty soon.
Rowling said she chose RH for personal reasons only, but that it wasn't the best choice reasonably speaking, that they wouldn't work out and that it could have gone that way(Harry and Hermione). Rupert and Emma have both said RHr would need couples therapy at the very least. It's no surprise they know that. In fact, Emma's shown her support to be more directed towards Harry/Hermione than towards RHr a few times. I didn't even get the ending, it was that bad.

As for joshaya
Spoiler:

It's said to be set to after the last episode airs, the news on the future of the show. I'm worried, though. The schedule for the brazilian disney channel didn't even show when GMW would air. I ran into an airing by chance, at 3pm or something. It shouldn't be hard with Sabrina, half her schedule is due to Disney itself, as she had the movie as the biggest new obligation. Her career didn't skyrocket, as much as it's gotten bigger. Disney's been doing more for Sabrina's career than it's done for GMWs, it seems... I just wish Josh would become a regular if s4 happened. It's about time. Or that Freeform picks it up and Uriah joins the cast for good and Joshaya actually start dating (as 16/19 isn't that big a deal outside DC).

Last edited by rocky845; 01-18-2017 at 12:25 AM Reason: to put the spoiler under the spoiler tag =)
Old 01-18-2017, 12:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^
Spoiler:

That would be great. He's already going to school in New York. I thought that we would see more of him when he started at NYU. Other than Ski Lodge Parts One and Two, we got nothing. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a season four.

Quote:
As a matter of fact, I do. According to the synopsis, Maya and Josh were supposed to bond during STEM. As the plot went, Maya would have a moment with each. She'd still rest her head on Lucas, as seen, but would bond with Josh and find out they had a lot more in common than they thought. My guess is that it was supposed to measure her connection with each and help her figure out what she actually felt.

That's ok, rocky845, just keep on diving lol too bad that, at the same time it's all new to you and you have a lot more to have fun with and discover, it might just be the end of the show next month let's hope not.

But now, as I'm more sure of where they're going and that they mean for Joshaya to be a thing, well, to keep being a thing, I'm really satisfied with how much they're doing with so little time to develop them. As people like to say, they've done a better job at progressing things with Joshaya at a believable pace than they have with the other, actually regular pairings. Each episode takes them further, bonds them closer. Every scene means something. They're being very careful and wise with this ship. It sucks that we have to keep putting their story on hold till, say, 5 episodes later, and maybe that's SL's do, as we had two Josh episodes in a row and actually forgot for a minute that we'd have to wait another 5 episodes or so to see them again, but this ship is thriving!

I bet they will. They already named the episode twice just in case, so I doubt they didn't prepare any meaningful moments to point out how things would go from there. As settled in SL2, Joshaya are a pairing of meaningful conversations, so we might be looking at something this way.

As a Bellarke and a Harry/Hermione shipper, I totally get that lol But let's just hope my literature otp will be the only one to not have used that foundation for romance.

Yeah, my ships don't usually get much praise from the creators, so it feels really good when MJ praises mah babies lol

Exactly, like, "don't forget we love this characters too and want them to be happy as much as you do, we know what we're doing".
It would have certainly been interesting to see Maya as the center point of a triangle. I can't imagine what else she and Josh have in common...but it would have been so much fun to find out.

I don't even know where to find all of the goodies that other people know about. All I find while browsing tumblr nowadays is posts about the more recent episodes. I don't want the show to end on Friday either. I'm holding out hope for a Josh/Maya relationship, and that can't happen if the show doesn't last for another three seasons.

I love everything you posted in your third paragraph, especially the parts in bold. Every time Josh shows up, I know that something is going to happen to bring him and Maya closer together, and I just love that! Every moment is meaningful. I'm mostly fine with the slow burn, but sometimes, it gets to me.

We're about to find out in two sleeps if they are going to have at least one meaningful moment in Goodbye. I am so excited to find out!

Being a shipper is hard sometimes, but sadly the ships pull us in and we are powerless to resist. If Goodbye really is going to be the last episode of Girl Meets World ( ), then let's all hope that Josh and Maya are left in a good place where we can imagine that they will find their way to each other a few years down the line.

Yes, it does. Great quotes from PTB give me hope and strength to believe in my ships when I feel like my ships are not getting the love that I think they should be getting.

Exactly! No matter the direction that TPTB take the characters and ships, they must know that there are two groups of viewers reacting to it: one group loves it and the other group doesn't love it. They can't please everyone. All they can do is tell the story that they want to tell and be prepared to deal with the two groups.

Last edited by rocky845; 01-21-2017 at 01:06 AM
rocky845 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 10:03 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky845 (View Post)
I love everything you posted in your third paragraph, especially the parts in bold. Every time Josh shows up, I know that something is going to happen to bring him and Maya closer together, and I just love that! Every moment is meaningful. I'm mostly fine with the slow burn, but sometimes, it gets to me.
For everyone, the last episode is on You Tube and is very easy to find. When you do watch, I think that you will find that once again when Josh shows up in the finale it is very meaningful and I think that we Joshaya shippers got something pretty good. Also watch Josh's expressions they are very telling as well.
Old 01-21-2017, 01:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ To be honest, I was expecting something that gave us a better idea of when their someday would come...but I was happy with what we got. My next post will feature gifs from that scene.

Quote:
If you are a writer on a show you map a whole season out and sometimes even two or three so I am positive that the writers knew exactly what they were doing when they put Josh on the show and and even more when they had him make that comment about Maya growing up gorgeous. I mean honestly he wouldn't have even had to be part of the show but I remember MJ saying that he was there to show the CORE group what it is like to be older and what they are headed for but as sideline of that was to start something with Maya. Honestly it is just perfect because she will be Riley's aunt someday and that is just perfect.
I think so too. TPTB put the idea in our heads that something could happen between Josh and Maya. They could have given us the "you grew up gorgeous" line and then not given us anything else...but they didn't do that. They gave us short yet meaningful moments between them throughout three seasons, and all those moments made us believe that they would be together one day. They are the ones who have given us this hope and possibility. They have nobody to blame but themselves for us hoping for a 'someday'. I wish I could believe that, but TPTB didn't do much to show us that Josh was there to show the core group what the next few years were going to be like for them.

Quote:
I got the info from someone that went to the taping. They didn't cut a Joshaya scene in the finale but they cut something that is HUGELY important in giving the implication that Josh and Maya will be together in the future...permanently. I am still hoping that the person is wrong and that what ends up being in the finale is actually what should be there or I'm going to be miffed. When the finale has been shown will post about it not being spoilerish here if you want to know PM me.
Now that the episode has aired, can you share what was the moment that was "HUGELY important in giving the implication that Josh and Maya will be together in the future...permanently"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachade (View Post)
Welcome to the thread! I will definitely add you to the list. I'm with you there. They really are a great fit.

Sidenote: I've gone back ten pages and added everyone who asked to be added. If you're not on the shipper list, then let me know and I'll add you.

Last edited by rocky845; 01-21-2017 at 03:32 AM
rocky845 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 09:59 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky845 (View Post)
^ To be honest, I was expecting something that gave us a better idea of when their someday would come...but I was happy with what we got. My next post will feature gifs from that scene.
I really wanted to comment on this but wanted to wait until the show was aired. I really liked what we got too but it took me a couple of times to re-watch the episode to figure that out. What we got was subtle but so important. It was no coincidence that right when Maya said that nobody else cared for her as much as Riley that Josh walked in the door RIGHT at that very moment. The FACT that he sat down next to Maya was also important. He could have sat down next to Zay or Lucas but he sat next to Maya. And then, the classic line of what do you want was great because did you notice that she said it in a rather soft tone almost lovingly towards him and then when she talked about life and how life knew that Riley was leaving but that Josh was/is still there. Did you catch the cute little thing that Josh does when it comes to Maya after she said that...you know that looking away and sly smile. Yup it was all there. And then, when Riley walked out when she followed Lucas did you watch how intent Josh was at watching Maya and how he showed such deep concern for her on his face. Yup that works. Also, Josh was positioned next to Maya at the very end too; he could have been put someplace else but nope he was put next to her.

Quote:
Now that the episode has aired, can you share what was the moment that was "HUGELY important in giving the implication that Josh and Maya will be together in the future...permanently"?
If you go back and watch the original ending of BMW and what Corey says to Josh they left something HUGE out in that flashback that would pertain to Josh and Maya. Corey told Josh that if he was lucky enough someday he would meet someone as wonderful as Topanga. The person that went to the taping was wondering how they would do this and she said that they originally filmed it so that you saw what you did on the finale but you also saw Corey take Josh aside and play that little clip from BMW and then go back to present time where Josh looks over at Maya right after the clip ends and nods his head. So that would have been HUGE for us but alas it didn't happen.
Old 01-24-2017, 01:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ Subtle is a good word to describe the Josh and Maya scene in Goodbye. I re-watched the scene again, and I was going to post every little thing that I noticed, but you touched on every single one of the little things that made the scene so great. These are the only three details that I can add to your post, and even they have hints of what you posted.
  • He must have been feeling shaky about the possibility that Cory and his family might be leaving, so what did he do? He sought out Maya, because he knew that they were both feeling the same shaky feeling. He knew that she would be one most affected by the possibility of a Matthew family move. All of Riley's friends would just be losing Riley from their lives, but Maya would be losing her second family and Josh knew that that would have been so hard on her...just like it would have been so hard on him. Josh choosing to sit right next to her was almost like they were relying on each other for comfort and support.
  • "Oh, my gosh. I know what this is. Life is trying to replace you. Life moves fast. Life does a good job." -- this part always makes me smile, because it told me that Josh would have been the best person to step into Riley's place in her life if she weren't there anymore, and she was kind of okay with that.
  • And judging by his shy smile plus glance away, it looked to me like he would have been okay with that too.

Oh, boy. I've seen a gif set that is centered around that final Cory/Josh scene in Brave New World, and how it shows Maya as the wonderful girl that Cory hoped Josh would meet. As much as I would have loved that 'coulda-been' scene, it may have been too much for my poor heart to handle.

Quote:
I don't think they knew for sure they wanted Joshaya from the start. I think it is possible, Maya didn't have any other romantic interest for a reason, but I think they were testing the waters at first. They made them openly flirt, both of them, but could they guarantee Uriah would be available as a recurring guest for long? I think they did have it planned, but it might have started as a bet first, then became something concrete. Yeah, I love the idea that Maya would be Riley's aunt and Cory's sister in law, she'll have such a laugh with this for the rest of her life

I don't think we're allowed to even mention whether Josh shows up again or not, because it would be spoilery? But I'm pretty content with what I've heard of the ending so far and wouldn't mind the show ending like that, though I would mind, a lot, about not having any more episodes, as this is such a good show.

Spoiler:
That's what a lot of PTB do. They test the waters when they put two characters in scenes together, and if they get a positive reaction from viewers, then they keep putting those two characters in scenes together. I can see why Uriah's availability would be a factor. It would amuse me if that were to happen. That's actually one of the reasons that I like them together.

The part in bold -- what have you heard?

What was the 'Josh's Topanga' scene? I agree. In my opinion, there haven't been enough Josh/Maya moments.

x
Old 02-23-2017, 08:46 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
I don't even know where to find all of the goodies that other people know about. All I find while browsing tumblr nowadays is posts about the more recent episodes.
And now for a few weeks it had been all about "save GMW". I get it, people, but can't we keep the shipping tags to shipping? I don't enter the joshaya tag to read about SaveGMW campaigns, as much as I do read them everywhere else. Where my joshaya good stuff at? Goodbye had these one or two crucial joshaya bits and people barely gifed it because they were busy campaigning. I get it, but the tag was all about the show ending and 5% about the ship. Now that it's settled down, there isn't much new, but anyway...

Yes, everytime Josh showed up, it meant something, it progressed somehow, and that's saying lot. Not every show can do that. Even GMW didn't always do that with other characters.

Quote:
To be honest, I was expecting something that gave us a better idea of when their someday would come...
Like fortune tellers? I like it that it just gave us the information they were still going strong about their feelings for each other. If they didn't tell us when, it means it can be happening sooner or later. You know, like, when they're 16/19 (right now), or when they're 17/19, or when Maya's an 18yo high school senior, which is my favorite timing. If they did mention when would someday happen, they could only mention "college", which, for me, is unnecessary too long waiting.

Quote:
They could have given us the "you grew up gorgeous" line and then not given us anything else...but they didn't do that. They gave us short yet meaningful moments between them throughout three seasons, and all those moments made us believe that they would be together one day.
~
Yeah, I actually thought it would die there, yet they kept on coming with Joshaya. By the time I watched 2x06 I could not believe they were actually treating joshaya as an actual couple with actual strong feelings for each other and I couldn't have been happier about it Just having her crush on him as a running gag would be too easy. Nah, they went all the way with them. Real classy

Quote:
I really wanted to comment on this but wanted to wait until the show was aired. I really liked what we got too but it took me a couple of times to re-watch the episode to figure that out.
Really? I freaked the **** out the second he walked in right after that line I believe I was the first one to fangirl over it on tumblr you know what they say: timing is everything

Quote:
Also, Josh was positioned next to Maya at the very end too; he could have been put someplace else but nope he was put next to her.
Right from the start, Josh has always been put sitting next to Maya, even if you go back as far as Game Night, they were sitting side by side. That's just how they are. It's always been them.

Quote:
but you also saw Corey take Josh aside and play that little clip from BMW and then go back to present time where Josh looks over at Maya right after the clip ends and nods his head. So that would have been HUGE for us but alas it didn't happen.
I had been told about this and I freaked out!!! It would have been everything we've ever dreamt to watch on a finale about them but then again, I get why they left it out. They tried to make the ending as little about the ships as possible, because, really, it was an episode ultimately about the show, the family, the friendships. They didn't want the focus to be anywhere else. But the simple fact that they did have this as a deleted scene says a lot, and I hope they release it as a bonus someday

Quote:
He sought out Maya, because he knew that they were both feeling the same shaky feeling.
It totally makes sense! I hadn't realised it before, well done. We think so much of Maya's feelings and thoughts, yet sometimes forget that Josh really is a Matthews and would hate being away from his beloved family as much as Maya would.

Quote:
"Oh, my gosh. I know what this is. Life is trying to replace you. Life moves fast. Life does a good job." -- this part always makes me smile, because it told me that Josh would have been the best person to step into Riley's place in her life if she weren't there anymore, and she was kind of okay with that.
Couldn't agree more

Quote:
And judging by his shy smile plus glance away, it looked to me like he would have been okay with that too.
Ugh, he's so great as Josh!!

Yeah, picturing Maya having a blast with being Riley's "aunt" and Cory's sister-in-law never fails to make me smile to think some people actually see it as a problem... Seriously?

If only there could be a s4 with Uriah as a regular...

Quote:
The part in bold -- what have you heard?
I had heard about the Cory/Josh flashback and about how joshaya would be hinted endgame. I knew Joshaya and Smarkle would be the only two certainties in the finale, rucas having just kind of broken up except they didn't really, meaning they would have a dubious ending, lucaya not even having any scene (not that I expected anything different, really), smarkle being stronger than ever and joshaya still with their someday. So, yeah, flashbacks and somedays, I was just fine

This is the Josh's Topanga scene:

And then someone commented this spot-on observation:
Quote:
WoolySheepie6 meses atrás
"A woman like Topanga"
"A friend like Shawn"
Maya Hart is both
Old 01-08-2019, 11:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I was thinking about some of the ships that I thought were unfinished, and I immediately thought of Josh and Maya. I'm kind of disappointed that they never got their 'someday'. I was all-in on waiting until they were both ready.

Can you let your baby be my girl?
x
Reply   Post New Thread