Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2016, 08:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Sometimes they don't even realize what they've created, of course it's every bit their work combined with the actors, I'm sure
Old 09-29-2016, 01:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

can they be cuter? no they cant. i love rowbrina even more than rilaya.
Old 09-29-2016, 11:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

This is my first post on this thread. Page three? Really?

Anyway, I love the thread title. They're so sweet! I was watching Ski Lodge yesterday, and I just love the bay window scene where Riley tells Maya that she is her extraordinary relationship. It just tells me that they will always have each other, regardless of the guys that are going to come into their lives.

^ I always think that they can't get any cuter. Then they go and prove me wrong.
Old 09-29-2016, 09:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

rose tends to bump threads when she posts. lol

i thought it was pretty telling that riley and lucas decide to be together and then shes says maya is her important relationship. that just really says its all to me.
Old 09-30-2016, 07:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Avril Lavigne

I love their friendship on and off screen.
Old 09-30-2016, 09:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ I haven't seen much of their off-screen friendship but I've seen enough to love their on-screen friendship even more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
rose tends to bump threads when she posts. lol

i thought it was pretty telling that riley and lucas decide to be together and then shes says maya is her important relationship. that just really says its all to me.
No, I know. The 'Page three? Really?' part of my post had to do with the fact that my first post is on the third page of the thread.

I get that. I just took it as Riley declaring that guys will come and go in both of their lives, but their friendship and sisterly bond will always be the most important relationship in both of their lives. They're bonded for life.
Old 09-30-2016, 01:39 PM
Obsessed Fan

Though I ship them romantically and will probably always resent the show a little bit for not going there, I also really appreciate how important and central their friendship is to the show.
Old 09-30-2016, 02:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ I've never thought about the two of them as a potential love match. I can definitely see where you're coming from though. They have said again and again how important their relationship is to them, and how nobody will ever take Riley's place in Maya's life and heart and vice versa. Their connection does sound like a love story. I know how tough it is to watch a show and want more than you're getting. That's what fanon is for. I'm sure there are lots of viewers out there who see Riley and Maya's relationship like you do.

Last edited by rocky845; 09-30-2016 at 02:49 PM
Old 09-30-2016, 05:20 PM
Obsessed Fan

right back at you. Sorry if my previous post came off aggressive. I wish the writers would explore romantic Rilaya because 1) imo Rowan and Sabrina have outstanding chemistry 2) children stories are a great place to combat homophobia (as well as sexism, racism, etc). But I have nothing against viewers who don't see Rilaya as romantic and/or haven't thought about it before. So long as it's not for homophobic reasons, not shipping Rilaya romantically is of course perfectly fine.
Old 09-30-2016, 11:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ I understand how you feel. I've felt that passion for my ships as well. I still feel it sometimes, even though I've been shipping pairings for many, many years and I know exactly what happens when I let my expectations get too high. Rowan and Sabrina do have crazy chemistry together. If the show were on a different network, then a romantic relationship between their characters would be a possibility. I agree with you that shows about young adults going through the trials and tribulations of growing up would be the perfect place to show the struggles that teens today are going through. Sadly, I don't think Girl Meets World is the kind of show that would tackle those struggles in the way that you and other viewers want. Let me know if you ever find a show that does explore that side of growing up. =) I ship couples that involve two characters with a strong connection that I want to see together. Most of those ships involve a girl and a guy, but that doesn't mean that I wouldn't or haven't shipped couples that are of the same sex. Love is love, and if I see that connection, then I ship it.

Last edited by rocky845; 09-30-2016 at 11:11 PM
Old 10-01-2016, 01:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The thread ending up low is a symptom of a board with so many threads that are in constant activity, it's a good thing

The romantic aspect would definitely be more of a possibility if they were not on Disney, I'm sure. I can absolutely see it happening.. I've had half a mind of writing a fic where it does
Old 10-02-2016, 12:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ I'm realizing that. I mean, look at the number of 'new' threads that I've come across these last few days. The crazy thing is that I know that are dozens of other threads just waiting to be discovered.

Ooh, color me intrigued. Have you thought about this much? Do you have a story idea yet?
Old 10-02-2016, 11:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

By all means, get discovering!

It's mostly in the back of my head, you know? Haven't focused on finding an actual plot yet.
Old 10-02-2016, 11:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ I'm going to go back on the hunt when I'm on my desktop and not my phone.

I look forward to the day you find a plot and you get the story going.

There's something that suddenly occurs to me. Am I missing something, or were Riley and Maya neighbors when they first met? I only ask because it's the only thing that makes sense to me, considering Maya came through Riley's window when she was a little girl. I would hope that she wasn't just strolling down the sidewalk by herself when she heard singing and she went to investigate. Thinking that she crawled up or down a few flights of stairs or the fire escape is still disttressing, but at least it's slightly less horrifying than the other scenario in my head.

Last edited by rocky845; 10-03-2016 at 12:15 AM
Old 10-03-2016, 05:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Avril Lavigne

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky845 (View Post)
^ I understand how you feel. I've felt that passion for my ships as well. I still feel it sometimes, even though I've been shipping pairings for many, many years and I know exactly what happens when I let my expectations get too high. Rowan and Sabrina do have crazy chemistry together. If the show were on a different network, then a romantic relationship between their characters would be a possibility. I agree with you that shows about young adults going through the trials and tribulations of growing up would be the perfect place to show the struggles that teens today are going through. Sadly, I don't think Girl Meets World is the kind of show that would tackle those struggles in the way that you and other viewers want. Let me know if you ever find a show that does explore that side of growing up. =) I ship couples that involve two characters with a strong connection that I want to see together. Most of those ships involve a girl and a guy, but that doesn't mean that I wouldn't or haven't shipped couples that are of the same sex. Love is love, and if I see that connection, then I ship it.
ITA! I love them as friends and I appreciate the fact that they are best friends and not frenemies, something that happens too often for my liking.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread