Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2016, 06:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Girl Meets World Episode Discussion: "Girl Meets World of Terror 3" (3x15) October 14th 2016

"Girl Meets World of Terror 3"
October 14th, 2016, Disney Channel

Episode Description:
Auggie tells the reimagined future of their lives if Riley and Maya never met.

Episode Promo:

1. Be positive and respect others' opinion.
2. We know you won't like everything about the episode, but try and be constructive when you are critiquing something. Don't just say 'GOD THIS SUCKED'.
3. No talk of illegal downloading. Please use PMs for links to live streams and such.
4. Remember, everything is a spoiler until the show airs on TV.
5. Thank you, and enjoy the episode!
Old 10-13-2016, 06:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for getting it started! Was gonna take care of it later tonight, wasn't sure if you'd be around
Awesome Nerds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 06:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Since I'm finally feeling like a normal human being, I can finally start posting like normal again
Old 10-14-2016, 06:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Well that's good!
Awesome Nerds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 04:30 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I want those 20ish minutes back. This was a weak episode. Halloween episodes are never this show's specialty but this one stands alone as probably the worst episode of the series in my opinion. I hope others found something to like about the episode. I usually find something (even a tiny moment) but this one, I couldn't go there.

Last edited by jediwands; 10-15-2016 at 05:29 AM
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 06:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

This episode was ok.
Old 10-15-2016, 12:15 PM
Obsessed Fan

Yeah, I agree that it was weak. I think the only thing I liked was all the Auggie scenes. He is the cutest and I love it when they show him a lot. I also like how that they had Lucas act like a cowboy........ me likey boys in cowboy duds. Though it did make me feel weird since I'm like 10 or so years older than him.
Old 10-15-2016, 07:06 PM
Obsessed Fan

The episode in general was so and so for me, but there are a few things I really liked:

- The glimpses of old Farkle and Smackle were adorable imo. “Stop hitting on me!” “I’m not hitting on you! You’re my arch nemesis! Also, what is ‘hit on you’? Why would I ever hit on you?” I love those two.

- Maya’s style was awesome. I more-or-less like how she dresses in general, but this was definitely even more aesthetically pleasing for me. Come to think of it, Riley’s style, while not exactly my cup of tea, was weird and unique and I approve of that.

- Lucas’ “I regret talking” and “This is why I don’t talk to people” lines cracked me up.

- Halloween aesthetics everywhere.

As for things I didn’t like:

- A bit of a far-fetched premise and poor execution imo.

- No Zay.

- Maya bullying Riley but Riley still being hell bent on helping her. Rowan/Sabrina were still awesome in staring at each others’ eyes department and I don’t think Maya would have become a bully had she not met Riley (just like I don’t think Riley would have no friends had she not met Maya), but this part of the sl bugged me a bit.

- Fake spiders everywhere. That’s part of the Halloween/goth aesthetics I’m not too crazy about. I’m terrified of these creatures, even when fake and/or in pictures/videos. I couldn’t watch that ep with Farkle’s pet spider at all and this one was a struggle as well.
Slayerette89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 09:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Xo, Kitty

It was kind of a dorky episode, being as it was a halloween episode but it was still sort of fun. Were they supposed to be the versions of themselves that they COULD have turned out to be had they not been friends? I think they were definitely extreme versions. But alas, a nice message of sorts. I do agree that Maya wouldn't have been a bully. But it didnt seem she bullied Riley much, just asked her to do her homework and Riley obliged.

I found it interesting that Lucas said he and Riley’s relationship was the important one and even Riley was like, “meh” LMAO. Lucas and Riley actually had more chemistry and more interaction in the AU then in the real show.

The Lucas/Maya moments were my favorite obviously. I loved the banter with them in the beginning like in the old days. I love that he called her peaches <3.

And in the AU they called each other Hart and Friar.

The ending scene with the flashback was pretty cute.

Last edited by Alexa; 10-15-2016 at 10:18 PM
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 02:00 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerette89 (View Post)

As for things I didn’t like:

- A bit of a far-fetched premise and poor execution imo.

- No Zay.

- Maya bullying Riley but Riley still being hell bent on helping her. Rowan/Sabrina were still awesome in staring at each others’ eyes department and I don’t think Maya would have become a bully had she not met Riley (just like I don’t think Riley would have no friends had she not met Maya), but this part of the sl bugged me a bit.

- Fake spiders everywhere. That’s part of the Halloween/goth aesthetics I’m not too crazy about. I’m terrified of these creatures, even when fake and/or in pictures/videos. I couldn’t watch that ep with Farkle’s pet spider at all and this one was a struggle as well.
Yeah, I didn't like how they wrote out Zay. It almost sounded like Lucas murdered him or something.

I think Maya, after seeing how she was in the first season, could have been a bully to an extent. But more a trouble maker than a bully. Probably would have been with the girls From the ep where she shows that she is back......the one where she spray paints that park.

I am terrified of spiders as well, but this wasn't a huge problem for me. Now, the ep with Farkle's spider, yeah, that didn't go over well. I had forgotten about it and started watching. Whenever the spider was on I just turned the screen (thank god for iPads and smartphones ).
Old 10-16-2016, 05:39 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
It was kind of a dorky episode, being as it was a halloween episode but it was still sort of fun. Were they supposed to be the versions of themselves that they COULD have turned out to be had they not been friends? I think they were definitely extreme versions. But alas, a nice message of sorts.
Yeah, it definitely does support show's overall "people change people" thing, with special emphasize on Rilaya. How extreme the characters' personalities were is one of the things that amused me this episode. There were all very colorful for sure (except Corey, who was an extreme of a sort - extremely boring).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain_Girl (View Post)
Yeah, I didn't like how they wrote out Zay. It almost sounded like Lucas murdered him or something.

I think Maya, after seeing how she was in the first season, could have been a bully to an extent. But more a trouble maker than a bully. Probably would have been with the girls From the ep where she shows that she is back......the one where she spray paints that park.

I am terrified of spiders as well, but this wasn't a huge problem for me. Now, the ep with Farkle's spider, yeah, that didn't go over well. I had forgotten about it and started watching. Whenever the spider was on I just turned the screen (thank god for iPads and smartphones ).
It was kind of reminiscent of how mysterious they were about Lucas's actions in Texas back when we first found out he has some "dark" secret.

Yeah, they hinted at Maya having a potential to be a bit of a bully in s1 and True Maya. But I would have personally preferred if they had just kept her tough and bad-tempered in this episode. Spray painting in TM I liked. That kind of rebelliousness they should never completely remove from her character imo. It was a great balance of growth (she's drawing bright stuff) and rule-breaking (that isn't completely stupid and annoying, I'm not a big fan of shows' trying to sell rule-breaking in and of itself as "fun" if the rule-breaking character him/herself is a boring idiot whose rule-breaking ways mostly consist of getting drunk and/or going to parties).

And lol, a screen you can turn over definitely comes in handy in that ep with the spider. This one was better for me too, but I tried to focus my attention on the part of the screen where there weren't any spider toys/ornaments/pillows.
Slayerette89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 12:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Xo, Kitty

"extremely boring." I thought it was a cool moment when he took off his glasses but the whole "secret of life" on the board was super cheesey.

considering i have spiders the size of my palm in my apartment ive grown quite used to them lol.

Last edited by Alexa; 05-08-2023 at 03:31 AM
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread