Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2016, 08:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Girl Meets World Episode Discussion: Girl Meets Upstate (3x06) July 8th 2016

"Girl Meets Upstate"
July 8th, 2016, Disney Channel

Episode Description:

Riley and Maya go to Shawn's house to get the real Maya back. Meanwhile, Lucas decides who he loves the most.
(Maya and Riley travel upstate to help Maya find her true artistic voice, but neglect to tell Cory and Topanga where they've gone.)

Episode Promo:

1. Be positive and respect others' opinion.
2. We know you won't like everything about the episode, but try and be constructive when you are critiquing something. Don't just say 'GOD THIS SUCKED'.
3. No talk of illegal downloading. Please use PMs for links to live streams and such.
4. Remember, everything is a spoiler until the show airs on TV.
5. Thank you, and enjoy the episode!

Last edited by Awesome Nerds; 07-08-2016 at 11:47 AM
Awesome Nerds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 08:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Xo, Kitty

what is with that description? Lucas decides who he loves the most?

I dont think Love was ever used, and that just sounds odd.

Really excited for this episode though! I already know a lot of what happens.
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 08:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm not the one who composed that description because yeah
Old 07-08-2016, 01:41 AM
Master Fan

I watched the episode on YouTube a few days ago.

EdwardღBella l RonღHermione l SpikeღBuffy l BrandonღKelly l DylanღBrenda l
Lauren James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 05:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah I hate that they put it out there early I haven't seen it yet and have been avoiding spoilers as best I can...

ETA: I've included the synopsis from my PVR because yeah

Last edited by Awesome Nerds; 07-08-2016 at 11:49 AM
Old 07-08-2016, 06:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

MY HANDS ARE SHAKING FROM ALL THE HAPPY!

KATY AND SHAWN!

MAYA AND SHAWN!

CORY AND SHAWN!

SHAWN!

MAYA!

I NEED TO LIE DOWN.

Also I am totally okay with how things are headed re: ye olde three-sided madness...

Okay, that's all for now
Old 07-08-2016, 06:03 PM
Master Fan

Loved everything in this episode!

So happy for Katy, Shawn and Maya!

Who Are You and What Do You Want?

ic: shinebrighterxx
Jason Morgan | Wanda Maximoff | Prince Zuko/Mai | Prince Zuko/ Sukka | Draco/Pansy/Blaise/Theo | Princess Zelda / Link | Clark & Lois
baelfire24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 07:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Promo for next episode:

Old 07-08-2016, 07:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I really liked this episode. I've always been a huge Shawn/Angela fan and just kind of okay with Shawn/Katy. But tonight I really did like the proposal. It was rushed but like Shawn said, this is his style and he's right... the proposal was really sweet, I liked that scene very much.

Loved all the Cory/Shawn, Riley/Maya, Cory/Shawn/Riley/Maya scenes, too.
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 09:14 PM
Master Fan

Worst proposal I think I have ever seen. I would think I would see the chemistry between two people when they say I love you or will you marry me. I don't see what people see in Shawn and Katy. Aside from wanting him to be Maya's dad.

I also think Shawn was in love with Angela. He didn't just like her cause he wanted what Cory and Topanga had. Sure he wanted that but that was only in the beginning. It quickly turned into much more. They had more heat and chemistry when they just looked at each other than when he proposed and said I love you. Sad.
KatB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 09:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Xo, Kitty

I thought it was a great episode! I loved seeing the cute guy on the subway and seeing Maya and Riley discuss the past.

To me it was kind of clear that Lucas chose Maya?

-When Topanga asked him who he chose he looked really scared, like he didnt want to tell her he didnt pick her daughter. On the other side he told Katy how she did a great job with Maya...

-Sean says he thought he wanted to be with Angela because he thought he was supposed to. That reminds me of Lucas thinking he THINKS he’s supposed to be with Riley.

-When Maya asks Lucas if he’s made a decision about them he says yeah and is smiling. I don’t think he’d be smiling like that at her if he wasn’t planning to pick her.

-ML had a moment so to speak in the episode, and RL didnt get anything. ML were even sitting next to one another. Seems odd to me that only one of the ships would actually get something this episode.

-Lucas didnt actually pick. Maya picked for him. And when shes said that Lucas picked Riley Lucas did not look happy about it at all.

-After she picks for him Lucas says “what do you want to do?” As if he’s letting Maya decide what she wants in this situation. Like he’s saying it wasn’t his choice at all, its Maya’s choice to decide if she truly likes him or not.

When Lucas listed everything he liked about Maya it was everything that was special to HER as she is, not the qualities about her that were similar to Riley. So I think thats important too. Lucas fell for the Maya being Maya, not the Maya acting like Riley Maya….

And obviously I see what they are trying to say with Maya wanting to be like Riley but I don’t necessarily think thats why she liked Lucas and I think she will figure that out later. And I don’t even agree that she’s been acting like Riley? All because she got one good grade? Yeah okay….

How I see it going and what what I hope will happen is that RL will try a relationship but Lucas wont really be over Maya. Then RL will realize they dont work together. That’s at least, what the show is saying to me right now. I’d be a little confused if it went a different way.

Seeing Shawn again was fantastic! I love the Shawn/Maya connection a lot. The flashbacks were cute and I like that Shawn said people make other people want to be better. I don’t see Maya as wanting to BE Riley, just be better like Riley. And I think the promo kind of proves that Riley was wrong, that Maya trying to be too much of her “old self” is not the right way to go about things.

“You’re the reason Maya that I believe I can be a father someday.”

“I’m very extremely fond of you.”

Shawn/Cory moments were great! Loved the hand shake.

I like Shawn/Katy but I do feel like things were too fast for them. Realizing they liked each other, sure, but marriage? That was ridiculous. The boys sticking their head out and watching was really cute. But it was just way too fast.

One thing I really didnt like about the episode was Riley just believing that Lucas had picked her without Lucas saying it, and also her getting excited in front of Maya like that. I felt it was a bit insensitive.

I also hated that we STILL dont have a decision made on who Lucas wants to be with!!! Lucas didnt choose, and even the girls said they were taking a breather! UGH. So frustrating.

Last edited by Alexa; 05-08-2023 at 02:05 AM
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 09:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I loved loved loved seeing Shawn again. I had a moment where I was like "he's older than me!" And then Cory called him Feeny's dad, so I think I'm right. Everything with the girls, Shawn, Cory, and even the art teacher made me happy. What I wasn't overly fond of was the pressure Topanga and Katy were putting on Lucas to spill the beans. It just felt off to me. I also feel for anyone who's unhappy with the triangle (non-)resolution. I just hope this story stays on the back-burner for a little while.
Actual Janet ~ Councillors Supporter #28 Let's call it hope
Lost in Translation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 09:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

So Riley still recognizes that Maya still isn't Maya. I like that Riley wants to see her best friend again, but I think she's pushing too hard, tbh.

I love that Lucas cares about both girls. Kind of funny that Topanga seems more interested in Lucas' feelings for the girls more than the girls do. Lucas is more paranoid than ever about being okay with making a decision.

Shawn! I love Shawn, I've missed Shawn. I love that Riley took Maya to see Shawn. They relate to each there so much, on more levels then they recognize.

How much do I love this promo that so symbolizes Boy Meets World and yet has a new feel because it's focusing on the kids.

Am I the only one who never figured Shawn Hunter to live in a cabin seemingly in the middle of nowhere. With mountains and "so many trees" and the "squirrel that I always talk to." It comes off funny but it seems like ehe's hiding. Like he's alone out in the woods.

Topanganese

I love that the show has the original BMW episodes. They really do have the ability to recreate everything with this same writers and it feels so genuine.

I feel like the way Shawn talked about Angela was kind of like he was with her because Cory had Topanga and he had to have someone, so he chose Angela? I get it that Shawn felt like the third wheel, but to string Angela along for some unrealistic feeling he can fill the loneliness gap.

So Shawn FINALLY believes he can be a father! We've known that for a long, long time, but for him to realize it. It's a huge thing. Makes me wonder what his future on GMW will be.

Shawn bought Maya THAT many clothes?

Lucas in the apartment saying he's going to "meet someone else". So is he waiting for Maya to tell her he doesn't love her the way he loves Riley? Then he talks to Katy about Maya's feelings in Texas but then makes fun of him in New York and getting her feelings from her mother. I don't get it. Does it mean he knows what he wants and Maya doesn't so he's going with Riley? Or that he knows Riley has true feelings and he wants to see where that goes. Geez, we're no further in this thing then we were in Season 2. Come on people!

"What about that Chuckie!" Love Topanga for not losing her spark!

Shawn's favorite picture is Maya's birthday at the diner with Katy having a cake. Maya saying she can't remember. I remember that scene. She looked up at Shawn's and Katy and wished for a family. Now it's a matter of getting those two crazy kids together.

I love that they have a first date picture.

They're extremely fond of each other! That's the same thing as they care about each other as family

and Shawn's lives in a town that's had the same clothes in their general store for 50 years Where is this town

I miss Maya in the leather jacket girl. She was original, feisty and didn't take any prisoners with what she said. I want that Maya back!

Shawn and Cory=Ring Power times a billion

The play fighting! I've missed this!

So Shawn thinks Cory turned Shawn into him. I think it's the way Shawn. I think Shawn wanted what COLOR="Magenta"]Cory[/COLOR] had and in turn Maya is doing the same thing. Maybe it's not about Lucas, but about the fact that Riley has someone that desires her and Maya wants that too. She just got sucked into Riley's world including her family.

So Shawn wants what Shawn wants? What does Shawn want exactly? Marriage, kids, suburbs?

Cory is Feeney, hands down! But Shawn is not Captain Feeney...he is Turner!

I love that Topanga can put Shawn out there and know exactly what he's feeling. And she can express those feelings and really light up Katy. It was really sweet when Katy realized that Shawn is more than just a father figure to Maya. He's a husband figure to her.

So Cory finally reeled Shawn Hunter back in!

The DANCE! I love that they bought the Cory/Shawn dance back!

I don't think that Maya's life is inside an art room. I know she loves art and it's apart of her life, but I don't know why it's something that's going to find her? Maybe I'm just not connecting to it.

So both Riley and Maya wanted each other's lives because the old saying "the grass is always greener". I feel like we finally got a piece of what Maya has been missing her entire life. All her chaos, she still has hope. She lost hope for a little while of being who she wanted to be, having the family she wanted to have, having a life she always dreamed of. She lost herself, that's why she went into the Riley zone and became Riley. Maya didn't want to lose hope of having a regular life but she wasn't exactly one to live the same way every time hoping for something that she thought was never going to happen. It really makes sense now. I've watched this episode a bunch of times, and now I finally get it. When I finally listened to what the art teacher had to say and what Maya was really saying when she was painting.

So poor Lucas sitting at the bay window for 5 hours. Didn't he leave and come back later?

Love Farkle's entrance just as he was in the pilot.

I'm kind of sad that Lucas didn't get to reveal his choice. I love the girl power moment of not wanting to know and finding out who they are.

Love Shawn professing his fate to Katy. He is a creature of reckless spontaneity.

Shawn proposed...I was so waiting for it to go to the credits and we wouldn't hear her answer. But we did, she said YES! So unexpected but yet so unwavering. I love it. I just hope that means we get more of Shawn/Katy/Maya scenes. Maybe a GMW wedding. And hopefully not the Eric Matthews planned wedding of Cory and Topanga.
{EphramAmy}
patricia
break the window is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 07:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Woah that was very long and very colorful and very awesome
Old 07-09-2016, 01:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Shawn!
Shawn and Cory! memories!