Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2016, 04:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Girl Meets World Episode Discussion: Girl Meets Triangle (3x05) - June 24th, 2016

"Girl Meets Triangle"
June 24th, 2016, Disney Channel

Episode Description:

Maya's identity crisis kicks into full gear when her art teacher makes her realize her friendship with Riley may be affecting her artist's voice.

Episode Promo:

1. Be positive and respect others' opinion.
2. We know you won't like everything about the episode, but try and be constructive when you are critiquing something. Don't just say 'GOD THIS SUCKED'.
3. No talk of illegal downloading. Please use PMs for links to live streams and such.
4. Remember, everything is a spoiler until the show airs on TV.
5. Thank you, and enjoy the episode!
Old 06-23-2016, 06:10 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the new thread Michelle!

So excited for the episode.

Leelith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 08:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Show day, show day!!!

And earlier tonight because of the movie, let's not forget
Awesome Nerds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 12:11 PM
Elite Fan

What time is it on now? I have yet to watch it live. Only on the Disney website. Does that still count for show views on ratings?

Old 06-24-2016, 04:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well I assume it'll be the same in the US, here it's at 7:30, with the movie at 8
Old 06-24-2016, 04:54 PM
Elite Fan

Yep

Not sure how I feel about the episode yet.

Old 06-24-2016, 05:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah ditto that, lots of things up in the air and it's gonna be hard to decide how I feel about them until those things come back down again in the continuation...

Off the cuff comments will follow once I've had my tea
Old 06-24-2016, 06:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I feel like the triangle was officially concluded in this episode. I think it's clear Lucas was going over to Riley's to tell Riley he picked her. You could also tell based on the parallel with the jellybeans on GMW and BMW it was leaning Riley too. What I like is that Lucas finally has a voice when he made a decision. I like that it's not going to seem like one of the girls backed out of it. We will get Lucas' feelings and that's what's been missing this entire time.

I feel like Maya via her dress and wanting to be Riley is also showing that Lucas is not the guy for her either. The theme and insinuation is Maya has to be someone else in order to make it work with Lucas. As a psychologist, which is what I am in my day job, it also shows that subconsciously Maya knows deep down Riley and Lucas are meant to be and she knows deep down Riley is who Lucas truly has romantic feelings for.

Really, I believe the triangle concluded in this episode. That's just how I interpreted it but I feel like it was crystal clear that all three in the triangle spoke tonight:

1. Lucas and the jellybean experiment was pointing to Riley. Lucas going over to Riley's also meant he knew it was Riley he wanted to be with.

2. Maya changing into Riley demonstrated that Lucas is not who she truly wants because she literally would have to be Riley in order to make it work with Lucas. Maya doesn't want Lucas romantically, I really believe this.

3. Riley is kind of subconsciously pushing Maya to come to these realizations as well (because of Maya's dress, and what she was expressing) but has no idea that is what is presently going on... although Riley was very clear to Maya she wants Lucas.

I thought it was really clear.

Last edited by jediwands; 06-24-2016 at 06:26 PM
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 08:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

I disagree. What's new. To me, it seemed like Lucas was leaning towards Riley because he felt that it was what "fate" had determined for him. Even though Maya was the one to literally push Riley onto Lucas's lap he referred to the fact that Riley fell on him as if it was fate.

I feel like there's been an ongoing theme on the show with destiny/choice, sense/sensibility, doing what you think you should do/doing what you want to do. Clearly, in my mind, Riley is the first of the scenarios and Maya is the second. Lucas never would have fallen for Maya had his feelings for Riley been that strong. He wants to be with Riley because he feels they SHOULD be together. He thinks they work well together. Yet, he still managed to fall for Maya. I think deep down he WANTS to be with Maya but he doesn't want to go against what he thinks fate is telling him.

So yes, hes probably choosing Riley FOR NOW, but I dont necessarily believe thats the be all - end all. In fact, I said it last year, if he picked Maya after this triangle I would be worried because I would fear that it would come back to L/R later on. But because he's most likely picking Riley, I believe that it will come back to L/M later on.

With all of that said, Im okay with the episode because I'm just as tired of all the damn triangle stuff as everyone else is. So any resolution is fine by me. Im just hoping Riley/Lucas realize they dont work and are just friends. Riley belongs with Farkle IMO.

"But I've been saying all along if you guys aren't gonna be honest with each other all of you are going to get hurt."

Man I love Farkle, he's such a good/smart guy.

Personally I don't like Katy much. Her saying "see ya in a month" really rubbed me the wrong way.

I really don't see how Maya was dressing like Riley? She looked like Maya to me. Yellow is like, her color. And wow straight hair is wearing hair like Riley? I'm sorry but no.

It annoyed me because it felt like Maya has been sad over the triangle but she hasn't changed for the worst. It's Lucas' doing that shes feeling like this because she just wants him to choose. And its like Riley was pushing her to feel bad about herself and claim Maya was trying to be her to prove some sort of point. Riley got a freakng F on a test and Maya didnt go around saying ghat Riley was trying to be like her. Now, Maya drawing a purple cat is yes, acting like Riley, but how is that a bad thing? She's getting better grades and that's a positive thing. It's almost like Riley is so hurt over the fact that Lucas likes Maya that she's convincing herself that Maya is acting like her to make it easier.

But frankly I'm seeing it as two different storylines. R/M dealing with Maya and changes, and then Lucas dealing with the triangle. I dont really see how they are connected.

Also Lucas going to Riley's to announce his decision didn't mean he was looking for Riley, seeing as Maya basically lives there. However, I do think he was choosing Riley. Sucks that we have to wait another week for this lame ass thing to end. But I am glad that it is finally here.

Last edited by Alexa; 09-29-2016 at 12:13 AM
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 08:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm still mulling over the episode. I must admit that I'm not invested in this triangle except how it'll affect the relationships between the three of them and extend out further to the remaining part of the group.

Alexa, I saw it as two separate storylines too.
Actual Janet ~ Councillors Supporter #28 Let's call it hope
Lost in Translation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 09:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

I mean, the episode was ok? I think they finally started to explain Maya's crush on Lucas as a Riley rub off? Which is kid of weird, but I'll take it as long as Josh comes around as the guy that she as the "real" Maya likes.

I more so just hope that we start to see C/T/R separate from Maya more often. I care about that much more than the triangle.
Old 06-25-2016, 10:10 AM
Elite Fan

I believe if Riley ends up with anyone its Farkle its interesting that at the start of the new credits Riley is with Lucas but at the end of it she's with Farkle while Lucas is with Maya. Plus someone asked the writers if the parallels between Cory/Topanga Riley/Farkle are intentional or coincidence? they said its intentional, also they was asked when will Farke find love? they said he's been in love since episode 1, and really I believe the writers decided on Riley/Farkle and Maya/Lucas from the beginning.
dragonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 12:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I am more for riarkle and lucaya.
Old 06-25-2016, 08:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
I disagree. What's new. To me, it seemed like Lucas was leaning towards Riley because he felt that it was what "fate" had determined for him. Even though Maya was the one to literally push Riley onto Lucas's lap he referred to the fact that Riley fell on him as if it was fate.

I feel like there's been an ongoing theme on the show with destiny/choice, sense/sensibility, doing what you think you should do/doing what you want to do. Clearly, in my mind, Riley is the first of the scenarios and Maya is the second. Lucas never would have fallen for Maya had his feelings for Riley been that strong. He wants to be with Riley because he feels they SHOULD be together. He thinks they work well together. Yet, he still managed to fall for Maya. I think deep down he WANTS to be with Maya but he doesn't want to go against what he thinks fate is telling him.

So yes, hes probably choosing Riley FOR NOW, but I dont necessarily believe thats the be all - end all. In fact, I said it last year, if he picked Maya after this triangle I would be worried because I would fear that it would come back to L/R later on. But because he's most likely picking Riley, I believe that it will come back to L/M later on.

With all of that said, Im okay with the episode because I'm just as tired of all the damn triangle stuff as everyone else is. So any resolution is fine by me. Im just hoping Riley/Lucas realize they dont work and are just friends. Riley belongs with Farkle IMO.

"But I've been saying all along if you guys aren't gonna be honest with each other all of you are going to get hurt."

Man I love Farkle, he's such a good/smart guy.

Personally I don't like Katy much. Her saying "see ya in a month" really rubbed me the wrong way.

I really don't see how Maya was dressing like Riley? She looked like Maya to me. Yellow is like, her color. And wow straight hair is wearing hair like Riley? I'm sorry but no.

It annoyed me because it felt like Maya has been sad over the triangle but she hasn't changed for the worst. It's Lucas' doing that shes feeling like this because she just wants him to choose. And its like Riley was pushing her to feel bad about herself and claim Maya was trying to be her to prove some sort of point. Riley got a freakng F on a test and Maya didnt go around saying ghat Maya was trying to be like her. Now, Maya drawing a purple cat is yes, acting like Riley, but how is that a bad thing? She's getting better grades and that's a positive thing.

But frankly I'm seeing it as two different storylines. R/M dealing with Maya and changes, and then Lucas dealing with the triangle. I dont really see how they are connected.

Also Lucas going to Riley's to announce his decision didn't mean he was looking for Riley, seeing as Maya basically lives there. However, I do think he was choosing Riley. Sucks that we have to wait another week for this lame ass thing to end. But I am glad that it is finally here.
That's pretty much how I feel too. I think he may choose Riley for now, but down the line it may be Farkle/Riley and Lucas/Maya.
I am an original”
msstock87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 10:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

even though i am a big l/m fan, i am not naive. if this show only had those two options, then sure, id think R/L were probably endgame.

But if you throw Farkle into the mix it makes things way more complicated. L/M still may not be endgame but I also believe that now F/R have a real shot. Especially with how they are being written. So R/L may not be so final as some think.
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread