Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2015, 12:11 AM
Fan Forum Star

Girl Meets World Episode Discussion: Girl Meets Semi-Formal (2x13) - August 14th, 2015

"Girl Meets Semi-Formal"
August 14th, Disney Channel

Episode Description:
Riley is asked to the semi-formal dance by a classmate and is torn whether to go with him or Lucas. Meanwhile, Cory's brother is visited by an old friend.

1. Be positive and respect others' opinion.
2. We know you won't like everything about the episode, but try and be constructive when you are critiquing something. Don't just say 'GOD THIS SUCKED'.
3. No talk of illegal downloading. Please use PMs for links to live streams and such.
4. Remember, everything is a spoiler until the show airs on TV.
5. Thank you, and enjoy the episode!
Stars Fade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 03:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

I've heard many spoilers for this and i am super excited!
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 06:03 PM
New Fan

AMAZING, FEELS ALL OVER THE PLACE

ERIC, JACK, "RACHEEEEEEL!"
It all makes sense, cant believe I didn't see it prior. Friendship, duhh. It may even be the case with Maya and Lucas. Why the hell are we shipping kids to begin with? It's in our nature and even though it worked for Cory and Topanga, its like Michael Jacobs said: Barely anyone is like Cory and Topanga.

Fantastic, love how they incoporated the old characters into this episode and tied the knot in terms of where things are heading. Stop looking into the romances. I love the direction and stellar writing. I imagine a lot will be upset about this though, haha. But you cannot deny that it comes with an important message. Friendship lasts and an attempt at love can ultimately end it. (Shawn and Angela, Jack and Rachel are just two examples). While there is oppertunity for romance between Farkle and Riley and maybe even Lucas and Maya, it ultimately will take time to present itself. Maybe they will, maybe they wont. But they all will value their friendship greatly from just taking a risk unless some serious emotions are involved.

Oh and UNDAPANTZ!!

After this, I have full and utter confidence in the writing ability of this show. With how openly they communicate, if there is an attempt being made, it will be natural and not forced. Bravo!

EDIT: Seriously you have to commend the writers for this. Do they even realize how many will be bummed? Mad props for basically staying true to the lessons of BMW and teaching everyone, including the many kids who want romance that real life just isnt cinderella all the time.

Last edited by Patrick 93; 08-14-2015 at 06:15 PM
Patrick 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 09:04 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick 93 (View Post)
AMAZING, FEELS ALL OVER THE PLACE

ERIC, JACK, "RACHEEEEEEL!"
It all makes sense, cant believe I didn't see it prior. Friendship, duhh. It may even be the case with Maya and Lucas. Why the hell are we shipping kids to begin with? It's in our nature and even though it worked for Cory and Topanga, its like Michael Jacobs said: Barely anyone is like Cory and Topanga.

Fantastic, love how they incoporated the old characters into this episode and tied the knot in terms of where things are heading. Stop looking into the romances. I love the direction and stellar writing. I imagine a lot will be upset about this though, haha. But you cannot deny that it comes with an important message. Friendship lasts and an attempt at love can ultimately end it. (Shawn and Angela, Jack and Rachel are just two examples). While there is oppertunity for romance between Farkle and Riley and maybe even Lucas and Maya, it ultimately will take time to present itself. Maybe they will, maybe they wont. But they all will value their friendship greatly from just taking a risk unless some serious emotions are involved.

Oh and UNDAPANTZ!!

After this, I have full and utter confidence in the writing ability of this show. With how openly they communicate, if there is an attempt being made, it will be natural and not forced. Bravo!

EDIT: Seriously you have to commend the writers for this. Do they even realize how many will be bummed? Mad props for basically staying true to the lessons of BMW and teaching everyone, including the many kids who want romance that real life just isnt cinderella all the time.

Who Are You and What Do You Want?

ic: shinebrighterxx
Jason Morgan | Wanda Maximoff | Prince Zuko/Mai | Prince Zuko/ Sukka | Draco/Pansy/Blaise/Theo | Princess Zelda / Link | Clark & Lois
baelfire24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 10:36 PM
Master Fan

Okay, so I forgot that Will was on this episode. So, when they were showing that film, I tried to figure out who was talking, it sounded familiar. I thought it was Will. Then I saw him. So I can't look to see if he was on the show cause he was. Am I alone, or does anyone else think it was him?
KatB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 10:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatB (View Post)
Okay, so I forgot that Will was on this episode. So, when they were showing that film, I tried to figure out who was talking, it sounded familiar. I thought it was Will. Then I saw him. So I can't look to see if he was on the show cause he was. Am I alone, or does anyone else think it was him?
I knew it was Will when I heard it too. My husband actually picked up on it right away.

I really liked this episode. I loved seeing Eric and Jack again, that was so much fun. Seeing Jack and Cory was fun too. I liked how they tied in a lot with this episode with the old cast and the new cast.
msstock87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 03:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

I liked seeing jack too, it was cute.

i liked the message the episode delivered but i dont necessarily think thats gonna hold true the entire series. i dont think they can avoid romance all together on this show, especially when the kids get older.

i do however think they are trying to put the brother/sister label on lucas/riley, as its come off two episodes in a row now.
Old 08-15-2015, 03:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Taylor Swift

My sister and I are wondering why Jack had no idea about Riley. Like his half brother was there when she was born and his best friend is her uncle...
Old 08-15-2015, 03:55 PM
Passionate Fan

I really enjoyed this episode, but I am not a huge fan of Lucas/Maya. But I do like Charlie/Riley. Jack was really great. Felt like old times again!
Top Ships: Stelena, Juliette/Avery Brucas, Capatin Swan, Naley, Cory&Topanaga, Bamon, Danny/Riley, Lannie, Austin/Ally, Belle/Rumple, Snowing,Ted/Robin, Marshall/Lily, Outlawqueen, Charah, Quick, LOVE, JanexRafuel, Lena&Stef, Brallie and Ross/Rachel
SaraLove8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 05:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

It was great to see Jack back, I always loved him.
Old 08-16-2015, 08:58 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by screaming colours (View Post)
My sister and I are wondering why Jack had no idea about Riley. Like his half brother was there when she was born and his best friend is her uncle...
Well Jack and Eric haven't seen or talked to each other in a long time (like Eric said). And I'm assuming Jack hasn't kept in contact with Shawn or else I'm sure he would've known about Riley.
icon: rebel hearts
Rebel Hearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 12:12 PM
Master Fan

The friendships between the kids seem to be getting so much deeper now and I love that. That will always be the most important part of the series for me.

It was great to see Jack again, because I'm always happy to see the BMW characters. The callbacks and mentions of Rachel was good too.

I loved the dresses the girls wore to the semi formal. Farkle's new look really works for him and he looked great at the dance too.

Charlie is an interesting new character and I totally wouldn't mind if he became another recurring charcter for the show. I liked how Lucas and Charlie ended up getting along so well.

Cory and Topanga were great with their advice to Riley and I'm glad they talked her into going to the dance.

(I must really be getting old. I didn't realize jumping in place was the way to dance to the song the band was playing at all. )
Old 08-16-2015, 02:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

the jumping was SO weird.

like jumping a little, sure but not the whole time? wtf?
Old 08-16-2015, 04:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Video Games
Disney

Yeah their jump dancing was pretty terrible. Especially to that song....that band is a sit down and bob your head lightly kinda band...not a jump around band, lol.

I thought this episode was great. Seeing Jack again was awesome. Weird that they're still going with Eric being a senator because that just adds too much hokeyness for me, but still cool they're around. His advice for Riley was absolutely lovely!
GardenSirens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 06:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

I admit, I found the jumping pretty funny myself.
Reply   Post New Thread