Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2015, 10:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

Girl Meets World Episode Discussion: Girl Meets Creativity (2x14) - August 21th, 2015

"Girl Meets Creativity"
August 21th, Disney Channel

Episode Description:
Art and music are threatened to be cut from the school curriculum, so the kids search for a creative way to show the school how important they are to their education.

1. Be positive and respect others' opinion.
2. We know you won't like everything about the episode, but try and be constructive when you are critiquing something. Don't just say 'GOD THIS SUCKED'.
3. No talk of illegal downloading. Please use PMs for links to live streams and such.
4. Remember, everything is a spoiler until the show airs on TV.
5. Thank you, and enjoy the episode!
Stars Fade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 11:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

so excited for this one!
Old 08-21-2015, 12:46 AM
Fan Forum Star

me too. Mr. Turner is returning.
Stars Fade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 06:11 PM
Master Fan

Great episode!

An important matter in the school system that we need to fix.

Who Are You and What Do You Want?

ic: shinebrighterxx
Jason Morgan | Wanda Maximoff | Prince Zuko/Mai | Prince Zuko/ Sukka | Draco/Pansy/Blaise/Theo | Princess Zelda / Link | Clark & Lois
baelfire24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 08:26 PM
Loyal Fan

Liked how they addressed an important issue in this episode...however I feel like the writers keep trying to force this maya and lucas thing..if they are trying to steer that direction atleast let it happen naturally rather than having other characters practically cheerleader them on.

♥Brooke&Lucas♥|♥Britney&Justin♥|♥Buffy&Angel♥|♥Ryan&Rachel♥|♥Ricky&Amy♥|♥Rory&Logan♥|
brustinluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 10:28 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Love it and so meaningful too
Make Them Laugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 10:59 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by brustinluv (View Post)
Liked how they addressed an important issue in this episode...however I feel like the writers keep trying to force this maya and lucas thing..if they are trying to steer that direction atleast let it happen naturally rather than having other characters practically cheerleader them on.
Agreed. On both counts..
padfootsprincess02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 11:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Since when has Maya's life been terrible? No really...when?

Only bad thing is an absentee father..a role Cory and Shawn fulfill handily.
A mom who wasn't always there because she was working her butt off to provide?

How terrible
Wingster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 09:58 PM
New Fan

Yeah they need to stop the emphasis on Maya having a bad life. Seriously, Shawn atleast constantly got in trouble but Maya for the most part hasnt had anything like that, yet atleast.

Love the Lucas and Maya moments though. You can tell the writers are really going for it. Lucas calling her the "Blonde Beauty" as opposed to calling Riley for the "Pretty Brunette". The look on his face when that is revealed along with how strongly he wants Maya to be happy.

Almost feels as if they are going full out with this one and they arent looking back at all. Riley also really seems concerned. Buggs me that she doesnt adress it though. I feel as if she will naturally accept it as this continues over time and be happy for them.

My biggest issue is that I almost feel that there is a lack of ...character development. Not so much development necessary, that may be poor wording... But the progression of an over arching story so far feels a bit non existant. I guess the story is simply "their life" but I almost feel as if the best episodes of BMW were when a story took several episodes to fully unfold. As if there were several beats to hit and ultimately the pay off was so powerful. I am getting sick and tired of Riley being so one dimensional though. She badly needs to grow considering the entire rest of the characters have.

I also wish there were more serious moments with the older characters. I have noticed what mostly bugs me is this:
Try to find a single scene where the BMW cast do NOT smile. It barely exists! Its always these overly done smiles and quirks as if they are really over acting to some level. It doesnt feel as natural and its only there to please us by the usage of flashbacks and nostalgia. How about some new moments where they are serious for once? How about Shawn really embracing Turner the way everyone embraced Feeny at the end. Similar to how Cory called Feeny in GMW to check up on him. That was truly sincere and lovely. More of this is badly needed. Topanga hasnt had a single scene where she has not smiled. Add some difficult times for the main cast. I am not asking you to do an entire episode on it but still.

Currently it feels as if the BMW cast practically "live" through their children. As if life stops when you have kids almost. They need more moments of their own, with development. Your own life does not end when you have kids! Have the writers forgot this? I cant really fault them, there is simply too much going on here with an entire new cast and 20 minutes per episode but yeah... It could be better.

Girl Meets World so far doesnt really have this and I suppose Boy Meets World didnt in the beginning either. I really want this adressed. I love the lessons but this entire episode spent litterarly 50% of its time in that hearing with the kids just being kids and it didnt really do much development. When you have 20 minutes per episode, you dont pretty much throw 10 out of the window like that. The first half was far more powerful due to the sudden caring that Lucas showed for Maya, wether you feel it was forced or not doesnt change that.

Last edited by Patrick 93; 08-22-2015 at 10:07 PM
Patrick 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 10:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

After watching the latest ep, it's clear the writers & showrunner have recognized the chemistry between Lucas and Maya, and they're going to explore that angle. Pretty freakin' cool.

I do hope, though, that Riley gets her own character arcs, with and without a romantic interest. Maya seems to be getting the major storylines while Riley acts a sidekick.
MistyMountainHop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 04:39 PM
Moderator Support Team

loved seeing mr turner return

the lucas/maya scenes were my favorite
My Kind Of Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 06:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistyMountainHop (View Post)
After watching the latest ep, it's clear the writers & showrunner have recognized the chemistry between Lucas and Maya, and they're going to explore that angle. Pretty freakin' cool.

I do hope, though, that Riley gets her own character arcs, with and without a romantic interest. Maya seems to be getting the major storylines while Riley acts a sidekick.
I think it's cool that they recognize their chemistry and seem to be going that way as well.

I really did like this episode, and it addressed something that is really important and happening in a lot of schools.

I want Riley to have her own story line too, hopefully she will get one soon.

Overall, I really liked this episode and am really enjoying this season.
msstock87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 12:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Video Games
Disney

I'm a super huge proponent for the arts so this episode rang very true to me. I love it so much and hope that's the style they keep in...cept for Riley and all the purple. She needs to get a little maturity in her character!
GardenSirens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 07:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

I did like at the end where the art teacher told Riley that the cats must mean something to her.
msstock87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 11:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

riley is just so cute and fun, i love her purple cats.
Reply   Post New Thread