Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2017, 04:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Avril Lavigne

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky845 (View Post)
Exactly! Both of their hearts are so big. I can definitely see Riley and Lucas wanting to take care of each and every wounded animal that they come across.
Same. They're so cute and them having pets together is even cuter.
Renata M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 12:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ That is true. You know, it took me a while to connect the dots that Riley is just as big of an animal-lover as Lucas is. I bet it's going to start off small, like they will adopt one or two animals. Then gradually they will adopt more and more animals. Then pretty soon, they're going to realize that they're going to need a farm so that they can take care of all of them.
Old 06-17-2017, 08:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Avril Lavigne

^Yeah, I think because the show never explored that side, Texas episode would've been a good opportunity but they wasted it... so anyway...

Riley is a princess I can see her talking to the animals and Lucas watching that with heart eyes.
Old 06-20-2017, 02:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ It was a very well-known fact that Lucas wants to be a veterinarian, but Riley's love of animals had been very low-key. I wish we could have seen a few moments of the two of them taking care of a pet. That seemed like a missed opportunity...but I don't know how. How could TPTB have explored that side of them in Texas?

I can picture Riley talking to the animals, as well as the heart-eyed look on Lucas' face.
Old 06-21-2017, 05:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Avril Lavigne

Well, they live in an apartment in NYC, maybe Topanga didn't want another pet since she already has three to take care of... or maybe they did but something happened who knows.. But in Texas, they're in Lucas' hometown with those wild animals they usually don't see in the city, it was an opportunity for Lucas to show his world to Riley but the writers had other plans so...

But the heart eyes were still there

x
Old 06-21-2017, 01:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ I see what you mean. City life is a lot different from country life. Like you said, Riley's exposure to animals may have just been pets (i.e. birds, dogs, cats, bunnies, etc), maybe some trips to the zoo. In Texas though, there were so many more types of animals running free. If Girl Meets World had been an hour-long show, then I think chances would have greater that a Riley + Lucas + animals scene would have been shown. Sadly, the show was half-an-hour, and with so many things already happening in Texas, there wasn't time for Lucas to introduce Riley to his world.

Aw, that's sweet! Riley doesn't even notice that he was looking at her.
Old 06-26-2017, 06:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Avril Lavigne

Well, I wouldn't mind just one scene, and hopefully they wouldn't have deleted it. Besides, GM Texas had 3 episodes so that was like one and a half hour.
Old 06-26-2017, 12:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ That is true...but weren't parts two and three in New York? I get what you mean though. How hard would it have been for Lucas to 'introduce' Riley to one of his pets?
Old 07-03-2017, 04:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Avril Lavigne

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky845 (View Post)
^ That is true...but weren't parts two and three in New York? I get what you mean though. How hard would it have been for Lucas to 'introduce' Riley to one of his pets?
Yep, why are they called GM Texas part, 1,2 and 3 if they're going to show them in NY.?! I mean, they should've had explored more that storyline, not only Lucas showing to Riley but to the gang his hometown, I feel like we didn't get to see much of Lucas' past and POV.

Btw, I found another tumblr with GMW incorrect quotes.

x

Old 07-09-2017, 11:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ What happened in Texas followed the Core Six back to New York, so I can understand why the two episodes after Texas became Part Two and Part Three. I agree with you there. It was such a golden opportunity to explore Lucas' old life...and TPTB barely showed anything.

I did a search and I found out that that quote is from Friends. Aw, I love that quote! It fits Riley and Lucas.

Last edited by rocky845; 07-13-2017 at 10:44 PM
rocky845 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 07:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Avril Lavigne

I think what happened in Texas, the storyline was dragged for more than the two next episodes, and it didn't need to be in Texas for that to happen. But showing Lucas' background I think it was important to be shown at that moment, specially since the writers made a big secret for so long.

Yes, that's from Friends. I love when the iconrrect quotes used are from thw shows I love.

x

Those Rucas/Corpanga parallels kill me.
Old 07-13-2017, 11:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ I can see that. What started in Texas Part One didn't finish until Ski Lodge Part Two. That's 17 episodes of limbo for all three characters and their friends and family. Now I really have no idea why Texas had Part Two and Part Three. I agree. I wish TPTB had spend more time showing Lucas' old life.

Me too! Some of my favorite quotes are the ones where I know the shows but I've forgotten the quotes. =p

Aw, I love seeing parallels between Cory/Topanga and Riley/Lucas. Look how identical both scenes are!
Old 07-14-2017, 07:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Avril Lavigne

^Exactly. I think they missed the opportunity to show more of Lucas' old life. It wasn't going to be just about him, but it would show Riley and the others a different type of lifestyle, since they were raised in a big city.

I don't watch many tv shows so I usually don't know where the quotes are from.

Look how in sync they are. It's crazy. The way they look at each other. So much love.
Old 07-18-2017, 11:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ After I watched Texas and TPTB didn't take the opportunity to dig deeper into Lucas' old life, I kept hoping that there would be another episode where they would do it...but then the show ended and it didn't happen. Now all we can do is imagine how those scenes would have gone.

I've watched a lot of shows throughout the years. And unless I've re-watched the shows over and over again, I can't pinpoint specific quotes.

It's so sweet!
Old 07-26-2017, 05:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Avril Lavigne

^Yeah, it was a missed opportunity. The titles of the episodes (GM Texas and parts ) sure are misleading.

To me it depends on the show. I know like almost everything about Friends. I've watched it so many times.
Reply   Post New Thread