Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2017, 08:10 AM
Obsessed Fan

I honestly do believe Riarkle was Jacobs favorite couple. And that his favorite main male character was Farkle. Out of all the guys Farkle was the one who had the most character development&focused. Plus out of all the ships Riarkle was the one that didn't get put into the background by Jacobs.
dragonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 11:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree, I think he had a major soft spot for them & was building up to a big reveal on that end....I think they were meant to be the couple of the show
Old 08-08-2017, 06:32 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by starryeyesxx (View Post)
I agree, I think he had a major soft spot for them & was building up to a big reveal on that end....I think they were meant to be the couple of the show
Yep. The slow-burn build up was there, and it would've happen if Disney hadn't canceled it. It seems Disney has a track record of canceling the good stuff on DC.
Old 08-09-2017, 06:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It's like Disney just wants dumb, shallow shows....

& I definitely agree that it would have happened, there were so many little signs there - there's no way that MJ didn't know what he was doing with lines like 'she ends up with Farkle, how did we not see this coming?'
Old 08-09-2017, 07:12 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
It's like Disney just wants dumb, shallow shows....

& I definitely agree that it would have happened, there were so many little signs there - there's no way that MJ didn't know what he was doing with lines like 'she ends up with Farkle, how did we not see this coming?'
Yep. They canceled Phil of the Future, My babysitter is a Vampire, GMW, Best Friends Whenever, and this was on Disney XD Lab Rats Elite Force. Disney's excuse for canceling GMW was because the characters was getting too old is pathetic. They had lots of shows where the characters go through all of high school. Oh he knew what he was doing.
Old 08-09-2017, 01:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think it's not that they were getting too old, but that they were getting too mature & the stories were becoming more nuanced....they cheated us out of some really good storytelling!
Old 08-17-2017, 12:28 PM
Dedicated Fan

I completely stopped watching DC after GMW got cancelled....was no point in watching for me anyways.
Old 08-17-2017, 03:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I didn't watch any other shows on DC anyway, but the way they handled GMW definitely put me off the network

but was the ride worth it?

I always thought that was an interesting choice of words....
Old 08-20-2017, 01:13 AM
Elite Fan

^ The wording intrigues me too. What episode did that scene take place?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire (View Post)
I honestly do believe Riarkle was Jacobs favorite couple. And that his favorite main male character was Farkle. Out of all the guys Farkle was the one who had the most character development&focused. Plus out of all the ships Riarkle was the one that didn't get put into the background by Jacobs.
They did get a fair amount of attention, didn't they? I love that TPTB did that.

Quote:
I'm always going to wonder if/when Farkle and Riley were going to be explored.

Quote:
That was major foreshadowing. I just wish TPTB had been able to finish telling the story that they set out to tell.
Old 08-20-2017, 07:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Me too, GMW will always feel so unfinished....

It was from Permanent Record where they were talking about Riley's F, just Riley bringing Smackle up at that point was a bit strange, let alone the way she worded it...
Old 08-25-2017, 10:39 PM
Elite Fan

^ That's how I feel about any show that either doesn't get advanced notice that it's their last season or where it's not their decision to end the series after its _____th season.

That sounds vaguely familar. For some reason, I thought that the text on the gif wasn't from the scene. Now that you mention it, it does seem kind of strange and random that Riley would bring up Smackle in that moment. What did Farkle say before and/or after Riley's line?
Old 08-26-2017, 04:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I can't remember what came before that, I'll have to rewatch that scene sometime, but I think I do remember it coming a bit out of the blue. Maybe Farkle was talking about how he'd had to raise his game since high school
Old 08-26-2017, 07:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

I miss these two a lot and they had so much potential. I feel if we had gotten the whole story we would have eventually seen these two together.
msstock87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 05:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Me too, I definitely think that was the plan
Old 08-31-2017, 06:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

There were so many hints at it.
msstock87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread