Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2017, 01:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ I'm one episode closer.

[2x17] On the Air
  • If you're rewatching, what are your memories of this and do they hold up? I remember 'Lunchtime Lust', the pirate radio broadcast, Cory and Shawn getting busted and their impromptu broadcast.
  • What made you laugh most? Shawn. He tried to pretend that Mr. Feeny hadn't caught him and Cory in the janitor's closet, doing their pirate radio show.
  • Did anything make you cry? No. It was a fun episode.
  • How about them 90s? Forrest Gump and tape were very in in the 90s.
  • Overall impression? I liked it! Cory and Shawn learned the lesson that they did have an audience. All they had to do was talk about what being in high school is like.
  • Notable quotes?

Quote:
    Cory: Good morning. Checking the weather, it looks like a clear and sunny day for a walk to school on my first day of radio.
    Eric: You taking requests?
    Cory: Yes, I am.
    Eric: Swallow your head and leave.
    Quote:
    Mr. Feeny: Oh, class, tomorrow we'll be discussing chapter 12 in your history books which would be...the Bill of Rights. Oh, dear.
    Cory: Ohh...the Bill of Rights, from the good old Constitution. And what was that amendment that came first in the Bill of Rights?
    Shawn: I don't recall, but I bet our teacher knows.
    Cory: Well, then why don't we ask him? Oh, Mr. Feeny.
    Mr. Feeny: Freedom of Speech.
    Cory: Hey, isn't that the one where you can say whatever you want?
    Shawn: I believe it is.
    Cory: And doesn't it apply to everybody?
    Mr. Feeny: No.
    Cory: Any kind of speech, right? Like in a newspaper or TV or...I don't know, radio?
    Mr. Feeny: Yes, yes.
    Cory: Then something is just not making sense here, my Shawn. Weren't we just pulled off the air because of what we said?
    Shawn: Yes, we were. He says one thing, and then he does another. He's being a hypochondriac.

Quote:
    Mr. Feeny: Oh, by the way, was your Aunt Ruthy at Woodstock?
    Mr. Turner: No. I don't think so.
    Mr. Feeny: Must have been another Ruthy Turner.

Quote:
    Cory: Our next outlaw musical selection is...Shawn, where's the tape?
    Shawn: Oh, behind the buckets and janitor's mops. D'oh!
    Cory: Or is that a fake clue? Because we couldn't possibly be that stupid.
    Mr. Feeny: Oh, I think you're much more stupid than you give yourselves credit for.
    Shawn: Don't...move. Maybe he doesn't see us.
    Quote:
    Cory: Well, you know, that's one man's opinion. Let's hear from some other listeners.
    Eric: I say lock them up and throw away the key!
    Cory: Get off the phone, Eric!

• Parallels to Girl Meets World you noticed? I didn't notice any parallels.
  • Anything else? I liked the sub-plot of Eric trying to win the 10 million dollars.
Old 01-29-2017, 08:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

One more and you'll be caught up to pace
Awesome Nerds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 03:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ I'm all caught up...and ready for this week's episodes.

[2x18] By Hook or By Crook
  • If you're rewatching, what are your memories of this and do they hold up? I just remember that Torie gave Eric the answers to the test. Everything else was a blank.
  • What made you laugh most? Cory. He got Topanga to admit her feelings for him, but he pretended to fall asleep before he could tell he how he felt about her.
  • Did anything make you cry? No. I just felt sad that Eric felt like he couldn't be a good student and get good grades.
  • How about them 90s? Corded phone were around more during the 90s.
  • Overall impression? I loved it! It was an interesting episode, having the focus mostly on Eric and not on Cory. Great lesson to learn. It's more satisfying to work hard/do the best you can and be proud of your achievements than to cheat and reap the perks of a tainted achievement.
  • Notable quotes?

Quote:
    Topanga: So are you going to get it fixed?
    Mr. Turner: Oh, yeah. On my enormous teacher's salary, I can get the bike fixed and with the money I have left over, I can buy licorice.
    Quote:
    Jason: Eric, I don't think this is going to work.
    Eric: Oh, come on. This is a great idea. We just got to catch him in a good mood.
    Mr. Feeny: This isn't an 'F' It's an 'F-plus'. Your work is deplorable, your penmanship illegible, but after all, your mother is my sister, so there we are. See you at Thanksgiving.
    Quote:
    Eric: Why did you say yes?
    Jason: 'Cause I want to go to Europe.
    Eric: A tutor? You know what that is? It's a four-eyed, greasy-haired, zit-faced, life support system for a book.
    Torie: Hi. I'm Torie Hart.
    Eric: If I knew anything, would I need a tutor?

Quote:
    Mr. Turner: Hi there. I'm looking for Uncle Mike.
    Mike: Why?
    Mr. Turner: I kind of want to get my bike fixed.
    Mike: Why did you come here?
    Mr. Turner: Sign says you fix bikes.
    Mike: You wearing a wire?
    Mr. Turner: No.
    Mike: Mind if I pat you down?
    Mr. Turner: Not without dinner first.
    Shawn: Hey, Mr. Turner...You two guys met already?
    Mike: Yeah. We're making dinner plans.
    Shawn: Look, this guy's my teacher. You take good care of him, okay?
    Mike: Like family.
    Shawn: No!

Quote:
    Mr. Feeny: Gentlemen...Out of some morbid curiosity, I was anxious to see how you did on your tests. Mr. Marsden, you received a 'B'.
    Jason: A 'B'! A 'B'! I got a 'B'!
    Mr. Feeny: Yes, Mr. Mardsen, and now that you've achieved it, I don't expect anything less.
    Jason: You know, you take the joy out of everything.
    Mr. Feeny: Thanks.
    Quote:
    Alan: It's midnight. My son is studying. He's actually sitting at a table, reading a book. Where's the girl?
    Eric: There are no girls. There are never any girls. You know, there are no babes in all of history. You know what they do when they finally find one?
    Alan: They burn her at the stake.
    Eric: Dopes.
    Quote:
    Mr. Feeny: Alright. Who gave you the answers?
    Eric: Oh. Why would you have to know that?
    Mr. Feeny: Because two people are involved in this, and if I punish two instead of one, I get a bonus at the end of the week.

Quote:
    Mr. Feeny: Why did you do this, Mr. Matthews?
    Eric: I don't know. I really wanted to go to Europe this summer, and I guess I saw my whole trip slipping away.
    Mr. Feeny: That's superficial, Mr. Matthews. Perhaps it's something a little deeper?
    Eric: There is no deeper with me, Mr. Feeny. I'm not a good student. I'm just an average guy who can get by on a nice smile. I'm never going to get an 'A'. I'm never going to make the honor roll. That's who I am! Might as well just accept it. I have.
    Mr. Feeny: The only thing that limits you, Mr. Matthews, is your laziness. I mean, you're just looking for an excuse to never get the grades that I know you're capable of getting.
    Eric: I'm not capable, and they're just grades.
    Mr. Feeny: Just grades? Oh, well. It's just Europe, and they're just girls. And it's just a beach, unless you happen to know that on that beach in June of 1944, 150,000 troops landed and began the liberation of Europe....so that 50 years later, those girls could run around on that beach in freedom.
    Quote:
    Mr. Feeny: Well, this is what I get for selecting a pretty girl to be a teaching assistant.
    Torie: Excuse me?
    Mr. Feeny: Oh, you resent that? Hm? Because growing up with a pretty face, you had to work twice as hard to be taken seriously? I should think you, more than most, would want to help this young man have his chance at being taken seriously.

Quote:
    Topanga: It's over, Cory. Case closed.
    Cory: What?
    Topanga: The Great Cory Matthews Mono Mystery.
    Cory: So you found out who the lucky girl was?
    Topanga: Oh, yeah, and the very lucky girl was a guy named Steve Nelson.
    Cory: What?
    Topanga: He sneezed on you two weeks ago in chemisty. He's the only other person in school who just had mono.
    Cory: Yes, that's right. I remember now. Steve Nelson sneezed on me right about the time when I was making out with Jennifer Connors.
    Topanga: You were not.
    Cory: Long, messy kisses. Hours. Days. I could describe her tonsils.
    Topanga: You're a pig.
    Cory: You only say that 'cause you like me.
    Topanga: Oh, you think so, huh?
    Cory: Yeah, I do.
    Topanga: And do you like me?
    Cory: Only if you tell me if you like me.
    Topanga: Why should I tell you that?
    Cory: Because if you tell me how you feel about me, then I'll tell you how I feel about you.
    Topanga: Okay. Okay, I like you. You know I like you. Now you like me or what?
    Cory: Okay, the way I feel about you. Come closer. The way I feel about you is...is...(pretends to fall asleep)
    Topanga: Cory? Cory!
    Cory: (starts snoring)
    Topanga: I hate you!
    Cory: Well, I think I handled that pretty well.

• Anything else? I loved the last scene between Cory and Topanga. Cory got mono because a boy with mono sneezed on him, but he tried to pass it off as just a regular contraction of mono (i.e. kissing). The best part of the scene was that Cory and Topanga tiptoed closer to being an actual couple.

Last edited by rocky845; 02-06-2017 at 01:29 AM
rocky845 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 07:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Well three more now!

----

[2x19] Wrong Side of the Tracks (Aired 24 Feb 1995)
Shawn starts hanging out with a dangerous crowd after being dumped because of his social standing. Shawn decides his place in life is on the streets with bullies and criminals instead of in school with his friends. Cory sets out to prove to his best friend that a person's honorability is not determined by his birthplace. Meanwhile, Eric lies about how good a skater he is so he can go out with a girl named Valerie.

[2x20] Pop Quiz (Aired 10 Mar 1995)
Cory and Shawn come across Mr. Turner's lesson plans when they deliver some homework to his apartment. The two hurry home to study furiously for an upcoming pop quiz but soon feel guilty for cheating.

[2x21] The Thrilla' in Phila' (Aired 5 May 1995)
Cory joins the wrestling team to make a name for himself, but eventually realizes that he doesn't have to prove anything. Cory and Topanga's mutual interest in each other is revealed for the first time.

When you are done, if you're looking for a few starting points, here are some quick questions (feel free to answer some or all or none at all):
  • If this was your first time watching, what were your impressions
  • If you're rewatching, what are your memories of this and do they hold up?
  • What made you laugh most?
  • Did anything make you cry?
  • How about them 90s?
  • Overall impression?
  • Notable quotes?
  • Parallels to Girl Meets World you noticed?
  • Anything else?

Finally, if you would like to carry on the conversation beyond this week and this thread, feel free to browse the thread guide for any number of Boy Meets World related discussion threads!
Old 02-06-2017, 03:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

[2x19] Wrong Side of the Tracks
  • If you're rewatching, what are your memories of this and do they hold up? I remember that big scene at the end of the episode where Mr. Turner told Shawn that he would be alright if he stuck by Cory and he made an effort to learn the lessons that he and other teachers were going to teach him. I also remember Jason 'teaching' Eric how to skate.
  • What made you laugh most? Jason. He gave the altered tape to Eric that taught him how to skate, but it also put the idea in his head that 'food has no power' over him.
  • Did anything make you cry? No, but I did feel for Shawn struggling to find his place in the world.
  • How about them 90s? Cassette tapes were very in in the 90s. I remember how popular Nancy Kerrigan was in the 90s.
  • Overall impression? I loved it! What a powerful episode! Shawn thought that other people's perceptions of him were correct, and he started acting like they all expected. I loved that Cory and Mr. Turner showed him that he didn't have to do anything except be himself.
  • Notable quotes?

Quote:
    Eric: Look. Baby geeks discovering the female of the species.
    Jason: I say we tag them and return next spring.
    Cory: Why don't you return never?
    Eric: They attempt to protect themselves by puffing up.
    Shawn: I don't see you guys with any girls.
    Eric: Oh, please. We only hunt when we need to hunt.
    Jason: Ha, ha, ha, ha. Wabbit season.
    Quote:
    Mr. Turner: Okay. Topanga, you're writing your biography on who?
    Topanga: Someone I really admire -- Katie Couric.
    Cory: Oh, please. "I'm so perky! I have such a big smile!" She's a phony. At least pick someone real.
    Topanga: Okay. Cory, who are you picking?
    Cory: Captain James T. Kirk of the USS Enterprise.
    Mr. Turner: Come on, Matthews. Real people. The assignment is biography, not fiction.
    Cory: Ew-w-aah!
    Mr. Turner: Captain Kirk is a made-up TV character.
    Topanga: It's the truth.
    Cory: No, it's not.
    Mr. Turner: Matthews, come on. The guy is 63-years-old, and he wears a tribble on his head. He doesn't have to be somebody famous, just somebody real, anybody you like.
    Cory: Anybody?
    Mr. Turner: Anybody.
    Cory: Absolutely anybody?
    Mr. Turner: Absolutely anybody.
    Cory: I pick Shawn.
    Shawn: I pick Cory.
    Topanga: You know you walked right into that.
    Mr. Turner: I did, didn't I?
    Quote:
    Mr. Feeny: Not that way. The lower hallway's flooded.
    Mr. Feeny: Right now, Miss Barnett, the library is only accessible by canoe.
    Mindy: What happened?
    Mr. Feeny: We're sinking! Janitor Bud, get your big mop!
    Quote:
    Harley: Turner's bike -- clearly he takes very good care of it. Not a scratch on it. Look how it shines.
    Frankie: You could eat it.
    Joey: You mean eat off it.
    Frankie: I said what I said.

Quote:
    Cory: Hey, guys. What's up?
    Shawn: Cory, come on, get out of here.
    Cory: Shawn, that looks like a bat. Could that be Turner's bike?
    Shawn: Yeah, you're right. Now would you leave?
    Cory: No, this kind of looks like fun. Here. Let me go first.
    Shawn: Cory, let go.
    Cory: No.
    Shawn: You're not even supposed to be here.
    Cory: Yeah, well, neither are you.
    Shawn: Would you just let me do this?
    Cory: If you're gonna do this, Shawn, then I'm gonna do this.
    Shawn: This is not your place, okay?
    Cory: What are you saying? I don't belong here?
    Shawn: Yeah, that's what I'm saying.
    Cory: Look, you belong here, then I belong here.

Quote:
    Mr. Turner: Alright, you two. You want to tell me what the problem is here?
    Cory: No problem.
    Shawn: Everything's great.
    Mr. Turner: Who are you kidding? I mean, what's with you, Hunter? Why do you want to hang out with these lowlifes?
    Shawn: Maybe I'm a lowlife too, okay?
    Mr. Turner: Is that what you think?
    Shawn: It's what everybody else thinks.
    Mr. Turner: I wanna know what you think.
    Shawn: Hey, I'm out here with a bat, aren't I?
    Mr. Turner: Yeah! But you didn't swing it.
    Shawn: Just 'cause Cory came along.
    Mr. Turner: Oh, you think that was an accident? Huh? That you have a friend who thinks so much of you that he's willing to put his own neck on the line? No, I don't think lowlifes have friends like that. Do you?
    Shawn: I don't know.
    Cory: They don't.
    Shawn: I don't know anything. I don't even know who I am.
    Cory: Well, Shawn, I know who you are. You're Shawn Hunter. You were raised by wolves. You're my friend. It says so in your biography. I mean, what else do you need to know?
    Shawn: I need to know what's gonna happen to me, and you can't tell me that.
    Mr. Turner: Hey, Hunter. All Matthews can do is be your friend, and so far he's been doing a real good job. All I can do is teach you whatever I can, and hope that you leave my class a little better than when you came in.
    Shawn: Can you drag the trailer park trash up to decent society?
    Mr. Turner: Hey, if you don't know that, deep down inside, you're alright, then I haven't taught you anything at all.
    Shawn: You think I'm alright?
    Mr. Turner: I think you need to think you're alright.
    Shawn: You think I'm alright.
    Mr. Turner: I think if you put your mind to it and get back inside that school and never, never go near this harley or that Harley, yeah, I think you'll be alright.

• Parallels to Girl Meets World you noticed? I noticed the parallel between Shawn and Maya: two characters who weren't as well off as their best friends, and how they lost their way until their best friends brought them back.
  • Anything else? I loved seeing Rebecca Herbst (aka Jill) in this episode. The casting department brought Krystee Clark back, but she played Valerie instead of Nebula. And I forgot that Harley was played by Kenny Johnston and not Danny McNulty in this episode. .
Old 02-06-2017, 06:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Season 2 wrap up!

----

[2x22] Career Day (Aired 12 May 1995)
It's career day at the high school! Everyone has a parent visit the class to explain their occupation. Cory's dad Alan is embarrassed to give a speech about being a grocer and he succeeds in boring the class. Shawn's father Chet makes a surprise appearance and steals the show. Later, Chet tells Shawn some bad news: his mother Verna has run away with their trailer again. Chet is preparing to go after her, leaving Shawn behind to fend for himself.

[2x23] Home (Aired 19 May 1995)
Shawn is invited to stay with the Matthews after Chet takes off. He starts to feel like a burden and sneaks out. Shawn ends up on Mr. Turner's doorstep yet again, where Turner gives him a lecture about finding direction in life.

When you are done, if you're looking for a few starting points, here are some quick questions (feel free to answer some or all or none at all):
  • How about them 90s?
  • Overall impression?
  • Notable quotes?
  • Anything else?

Finally, if you would like to carry on the conversation beyond this week and this thread, feel free to browse the thread guide for any number of Boy Meets World related discussion threads!
Old 02-11-2017, 01:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

[2x20] Pop Quiz
  • If you're rewatching, what are your memories of this and do they hold up? I remember how devastated Frankie and Joey were when they found out that Harley was gone, and how they tried to be Eric's lackeys until Griff caught their eye. I also remember that Cory and Shawn knew about the pop quiz. One of my favorite things about the episode was Griff's introduction.
  • What made you laugh most? Mr. Feeny. He tried to get Cory and Shawn to open a book.
  • How about them 90s? VHS and video stores were all over the place in the 90s.
  • Overall impression? I liked it! Mr. Turner got Cory and Shawn to open a book when Mr. Feeny couldn't. I also really enjoyed Frankie and Joey showing Griff why he needed them as lackeys. =p
  • Notable quotes?

Quote:
    Cory: Steve Young takes the snap.
    Shawn: Jerry Rice goes long.
    Cory: He throws a perfect 6-yard pass and hits...a blue 1995 Buick Regal!
    Shawn: Run!

Quote:
    Cory: Okay, we're back, live, second half. Steve Young back to pass.
    Shawn: Jerry Rice is open.
    Cory: He throws! Intercepted!
    Shawn: By Feeny.
    Mr. Feeny: The wily veteran.
    Cory: I stink.
    Mr. Feeny: I agree. Have you seen your latest test score? And if Mr. Matthews stinks, you, Mr. Hunter, are as odoriferous as a dead man in July.
    Shawn: A 12? How do you get a 12?
    Mr. Feeny: I don't know. You ever open a book?
    Shawn: What?
    Mr. Feeny: A book. Do you ever open a book?
    Cory: Don't ask me. I got a 16.
    Mr. Feeny: Gentlemen, do you ever go home and open a book?
    Mr. Feeny: I want you to go home this afternoon and open a book! I don't care what you had otherwise planned. I order you--nay, I command you--go home and open a book.
    Mr. Turner: George.
    Mr. Feeny: What?
    Mr. Turner: Watch this. (to Cory and Shawn) Hi, boys. Nice boys. Nice boys. Now listen, did you hear anything Mr. Feeny just said?
    Shawn: No.
    Cory: (whispers) He's real mad.
    Mr. Turner: (whispers) Do you have any idea why?
    Shawn: No. He just started yelling like a crazy man.
    Mr. Feeny: You know, I'd give up on them, but I don't think they'd notice.

Quote:
    Alan: Listen, Eric, they ran a promotion at the store and guess what you've won.
    Eric: Two passes to Sliding Rapids Mountain. Excellent.
    Alan: Yup. You and your brother should have a blast.
    Eric: Oh, no, no, no, no. See, when I look at this ticket, I see someone in a skimpy, wet bikini.
    Alan: Well, that's entirely up to Cory.
    Quote:
    Cory: Wow. I can't believe we're in Mr. Turner's place, his private domain, inside a teacher's home.
    Shawn: What's the big deal, Cory? You've lived next to Feeny your whole life.
    Cory: Yeah, but he's never let me inside his house. At Halloween, he always drops the candy off at my door.
    Quote:
    Tommy: You the lady-killer?
    Eric: I like to think so.
    Tommy: So you're Griff.
    Griff: Over here.
    Tommy: So you're Griff.
    Griff: Must be tough to live in a world where not everyone's name is stitched on their jacket...Tommy.
    Quote:
    Mr. Turner: You know, guys, you can get 'A's again, anytime you want.
    Shawn: You mean we can look at your lesson plan?
    Mr. Turner: Absolutely. It's up there, on the blackboard, every day.
    Cory/Shawn: Whoa.
    Mr. Turner: Now get out of here. Go home and open a book.
    Shawn: You got it.
    Mr. Feeny: Hold it, Mr. Matthews, Mr. Hunter. Am I to understand that you've heard all this and are now going home to open a book?
    Cory: Yeah. We heard him loud and clear.
    Shawn: He was talking right to us.
    Mr. Feeny: I believe we said $20.
    Mr. Turner: Yeah.

• Anything else? As much as I liked Harley, I really enjoyed Griff coming in. I remember that I had the biggest crush on Adam Scott when he was on the show. I'm looking forward to being reminded of Griff's charm. I also enjoyed seeing Eric Balfour (aka Tommy).
Old 02-11-2017, 08:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh but we did have a little reference/easter egg... The cool award Maya got in season 1 was named for Griff
Old 02-12-2017, 01:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ (thinks hard) (squints) That sounds vaguly familiar.

[2x21] The Thrilla' in Phila'
  • If you're rewatching, what are your memories of this and do they hold up? I remember the fight in the wrestling ring, and the Cory/Topanga scene where she told him what her yearbook quote was going to be.
  • What made you laugh most? Mr. Feeny. I loved how he faced off against Vader. It was absolutely awesome!
  • How about them 90s? You don't see as many payphones around anymore. Baywatch, Yasmine Bleeth, and Vader were very popular in the 90s.
  • Overall impression? I loved it! It was great to see Cory embracing jockdom, however temporary that it was.
  • Notable quotes?

Quote:
    Eric: (choking sound) Cory, get off me!
    Amy: Eric, put Cory down.
    Eric: I can't. I can't breathe. He's got my windpipe in a deathgrip.
    Alan: Cory, let your brother breathe.
    Cory: Remember, pal...I know where you sleep.
    Quote:
    Alan: Amy! Our little Cory made the wrestling team! Alright! Get your old man a pen.
    Amy: Now Alan, we should discuss this. Wrestling is dangerous.
    Alan: Oh, come on, if he were signing up for ballet, that might be dangerous. Here. Where do I sign?
    Eric: Wait a second, Dad. Look, I know these wrestlers. They're like psychotic caged animals, just waiting to take all their aggressions out on little runts like Cory. Use my pen.
    Quote:
    Griff: You gonna crack my back?
    Mr. Feeny: Don't tempt me.
    Quote:
    Joey: We are back from the airport, Griff. We got your lobsters.
    Mr. Feeny: Lobsters?
    Joey: Flown in fresh from Maine.
    Frankie: I could eat mine right now.
    Joey: They're still alive, Frankie.
    Frankie: I said what I said.

Quote:
    Shawn: Hey, Topanga. You wanted to ask me some more questions for the yearbook?
    Topanga: Yeah. Where do you think Cory's gonna end up in ten years?
    Shawn: You mean me, don't you?
    Topanga: That's what I said.
    Shawn: No, you said Cory.
    Topanga: I did not.
    Shawn: You like him.
    Topanga: I do not. You say that again, I will kill you.
    Shawn: You like him a lot.

Quote:
    Cory: Shawn, there's a little voice inside my head saying, "Do not fear Joey." A little voice saying, "I can beat Joey." And another voice saying, "Ow! Ow! Ow! Ow! Ow! Ow! Ow! Ow!"
    Quote:
    Mr. Feeny: Set him down now.
    Vader: Feeny, you can't tell me what to do anymore. I'm not one of your punk students. I'm the face of death!
    Mr. Feeny: It was scarier when you had acne. Your little bully tactics didn't work back then, and they're not going to work now. Now put him down.
    Vader: Make me!
    Mr. Feeny: I'd be glad to...(lowers voice) Leslie.
    Vader: (lowers voice) You wouldn't.
    Mr. Feeny: I would!
    Vader: Alright, alright. You won this round, but next time, and there will be a next time, Texas Death Match. Loser...leaves town.
    Mr. Feeny: Yeah, yeah, yeah. (to Mr. Turner) This is why I avoid reunions.

Quote:
    Topanga: Hey, guys. I got to hand in yearbook write-ups tomorrow, and I still have a couple more questions for Cory.
    Shawn: You like him! (fake coughs)
    Topanga: Shut up. (to Cory) I need a quote to go with your picture unless you still want to go with 'Rrr.'
    Cory: Well, what'd you put for you?
    Topanga: "I do my thing and you do your thing. You are you and I am I, and if in the end, we end up together...it's beautiful."
    Cory: Put the same for me.
  • Parallels to Girl Meets World you noticed? The only thing that I noticed was that Topanga and RIley both worked on the yearbook.
  • Anything else? I loved that Frankie's dad was played by Vader. I remember that he was very popular during that time. I also liked Joey's 'yellow, yellow, yellow' taunts to try to provoke Cory to fight him, It was also fun to see Kelly Packard back but as Candy and not Tracy.
Old 02-12-2017, 05:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I only found it by reading about it online I think, so
Old 02-13-2017, 03:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ I'll take your word for it. You've probably right anyway.

[2x22] Career Day
  • If you're rewatching, what are your memories of this and do they hold up? I remember that it was Career Day, and that Cory and Shawn had different reactions to their dad's presentations. I also remember that Shawn's mom left in this episode. =(
  • What made you laugh most? Eric. He looked like a crash-test dummy, all because he was stressing about his SATs. No matter how hard he tried, he kept hurting himself.
  • Did anything make you cry? No. I just felt Shawn's pain when I heard that his mom had left, and how his dad took off after her without him.
  • How about them 90s? Other than the clothes, I've got nothing.
  • Overall impression? I liked it! I loved that Cory was initially embarrassed that he was the son of a grocer, but then he realized that his dad was more than his job. After that realization, he seemed to really appreciate his dad.
  • Notable quotes?

Quote:
    Topanga: Tell them who called last night.
    Jedediah: Oh, they don't want to hear about that, Tippy.
    Cory/Shawn: 'Tippy'?
    Topanga: Grrr!
    Cory: ' Tippy''s nice.
    Shawn: It's my new favorite name.
    Quote:
    Mr. Turner: Okay, everyone, let's welcome Shawn's father...
    Chet: Chet Hunter.
    Cory: Shawn, what does your dad do for a living?
    Shawn: Shh. I wanna find out.

Quote:
    Alan: Eric, you okay?
    Eric: I'm sorry. I'm just so tense from studying for the SATs. I've got this stiffness in my back and all across my shoulders I just can't shake.
    Alan: Son.
    Eric: Yeah?
    Alan: You have a coat hanger in your back.
    Eric: What?
    Alan: Watch this.
    Eric: This is the greatest trick I've ever seen.
    Quote:
    Eric: You know something, Dad? I'm gonna be okay. I don't need college. I'm gonna do very well in the outside world relying on my street smarts and natural instincts. Aah! Aah! Aah! Aah!
    Amy: What's the matter with Eric?
    Alan: Oh, he put his hand on the stove.
    Amy: Again?
    Eric: Wahh ha ha!
    Amy: My fault. I left the iron on.

Quote:
    Mr. Turner: I talk, he sleeps. It's like class.
    Quote:
    Mr. Turner: I'd like to say thanks again for helping out at Career Day. I thought you were terrific.
    Alan: Anytime. Those kids get rowdy, out of control, you just call me. I'll be happy to swing by and sedate them.

• Parallels to Girl Meets World you noticed? Well, there was the parallel that Shawn's dad and Maya's mom showed up to Career Day and stole the show. Neither one of them was very pleased by their appearances either. =( Then there was the whole Tippy/Penelope parallel where Cory and Lucas heard the new names and the girls put a stop to the opportunity for the boys to possibly mock them.
  • Anything else? I loved that Mr. Turner was there for Shawn when he needed it. It was also fun to see a young Will Estes (aka Alex).
Old 02-13-2017, 07:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

One off to finish season 2 for you... but here comes season 3!

----

[3x01] My Best Friend's Girl (Aired 22 Sep 1995)
Topanga leaves for a summers and comes back a woman. Cory finally gets the courage to ask her out. When he does he finds out that Shawn is dating Topanga. Cory is in a jealous rage and he asks Topanga's best friend, Trini, to be his date. In the end Cory finds out Shawn and Topanga set him up. So Cory asks Topanga out and she says yes.

[3x02] The Double Lie (Aired 29 Sep 1995)
Shawn scores a date with *the* Veronica Watson, one of the most sought after girls in school. Shawn's plans are on the verge of being spoiled when he remembers Mr. Turner is going out of town and Shawn is supposed to stay at the Matthews. Shawn's date starts out as a disaster, considering the Matthews early curfew and crowded house. Hormones take over and Shawn decides to take Veronica to Turner's empty apartment. One problem: Jonathan just happens to be home on the couch with his girlfriend!

[3x03] What I Meant To Say (Aired 13 Oct 1995)
When Cory's emotions get the best of him, he catches Topanga off guard and tells her that he loves her. The next day, Shawn accosts Cory for saying "the L word" because all the girls in school will want to hear it. Topanga's evasive attitude confuses Cory and he is left completely bewildered when Topanga breaks up with him.

• How about them 90s?
  • Overall impression?
  • Notable quotes?
  • Anything else?

Last edited by Awesome Nerds; 02-13-2017 at 07:29 AM
Old 02-20-2017, 10:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Rocky!!

----

[3x04] He Said, She Said (Aired 20 Oct 1995)
Shawn is forced to visit with a guidance counselor after continually skipping class. He misinterprets her advice and decides to drop out, catch a bus, and set out to find himself.

[3x05] Hometown Hero (Aired 27 Oct 1995)
Cory and Shawn break into school to turn in a late chemistry paper. When Cory accidentally causes a fire, he pulls the alarm and runs away. The next day at school, Cory is called a hero because Janitor Bud was asleep in the school when the alarm went off. Bud saw Cory running away from the fire and told everyone Cory saved his life. Cory savors the perks of his popularity while still feeling guilty for causing the dangerous fire.

[3x06] This Little Piggy (Aired 3 Nov 1995)
Shawn decides to keep a pig he found in the trailer park and argues with Topanga on keeping a wild animal in the city. Cory is caught in the middle when the two force him to take sides. Meanwhile, Eric tries to schmooze Mr. Feeny by going to the opera with him.

• How about them 90s?
  • Overall impression?
  • Notable quotes?
  • Anything else?

Old 04-25-2017, 08:20 PM
New Fan

This is a great idea!
jonasbrothers is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread