Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2018, 02:21 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky845 (View Post)
The funny thing is that I am completely spoiler-free about Stranger Things. I mean, I've seen gif sets and everything, but nothing has really stuck, so it looks like I'm going to be surprised with everything that happens.

That's a curious thing. =p Something similar has happened to me a few times. My friends have convinced me to watch a show, and I've caved and watched it...but then they've dropped it and I've stuck with it.

Aw, what a sweetheart! I haven't watched It yet, but I'm getting the feeling that I am so not prepared for it. And if I'm not prepared for it, and I'm a grown woman, imagine how a young kid would feel being on the receiving end of that terror. I love that Bill made sure the kids weren't scared in such a scary setting.

They do indeed. I have this sense that European men (and maybe even women) are freer, that they don't feel self-conscious about showing their bodies.

I'll take your word for it.

We'll see about that. =p

Well as a Mod i can´t do that. For example, gifsets of an actual scene once the Season comes back...Will probably be spoilers for me. but those Cast pictures i saw lately doesn´t tell us what will happen on that scene. I am trying to avoy the Spoilers thread (at the ST Board). But it´s not fair for my co-mod to be the one always posting links. I don´t search for them but sometimes i end up reading something to give my point of view .

I have a weird situation with one of my friends. We weer both fans of the show i mention before NBC Hannibal. Ever since the show got cancelled she never found a new fandom. For my friend she´s only part of a fandom if she writers fanfics. meaning she tries lots of shows but it´s been 3 years and nothing .

To me the 90´s version it´s the scariest if i had to chose between both. Sure the 2017 version has a little jump scares, gore...But since the cast it´s mostly kids, you get some funny parts too. The 90´s version makes you feel like Pennywise is coming for you at any moment .

I agree with that because most of the actors I saw naked (this sounded so pervy ) are from European countries .

I will just say that Mr. Skarsgard is very well built .

BRICS
🙏🕯️
🇵🇸 🕊️#stopIsraelgenocide
Old 08-13-2018, 12:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ Yeah, you can't exactly delay watching the episodes like I can. I try to stay as far away from tumblr as I can when I'm not caught up on my shows...but sometimes I choose the wrong days to drop by.

Hopefully, she'll find a new fandom.

That surprises me. For some reason, I've thought that the older version is tame compared to the more recent version. Whoa, now I'm going to have to watch both versions to see which version is scarier/more gory. =p

That does sound pervy! The one show or movie that I've watched that contains tons of nudity is Game of Thrones. I haven't done any research, but I'm pretty sure they are mostly British actors and actresses.

Really? Whoa! Mind-blown! I look forward to seeing it for myself.
Old 08-13-2018, 11:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

Hot Fuzz
Old 08-13-2018, 01:52 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky845 (View Post)
^ Yeah, you can't exactly delay watching the episodes like I can. I try to stay as far away from tumblr as I can when I'm not caught up on my shows...but sometimes I choose the wrong days to drop by.

Hopefully, she'll find a new fandom.

That surprises me. For some reason, I've thought that the older version is tame compared to the more recent version. Whoa, now I'm going to have to watch both versions to see which version is scarier/more gory. =p

That does sound pervy! The one show or movie that I've watched that contains tons of nudity is Game of Thrones. I haven't done any research, but I'm pretty sure they are mostly British actors and actresses.

Really? Whoa! Mind-blown! I look forward to seeing it for myself.
I wish i could control myself like that .

I hope so .

Maybe it was the fact that i saw a
Spoiler:
in the 1990 version . But to me the 2017 version isn´t that scary .

Oh yes, i don´t watch that one but i think they are British. The only show i watch with lots of nudity is Shameless .

I will just leave this here... .

Spoiler:

Youtube

BRICS
🙏🕯️
🇵🇸 🕊️#stopIsraelgenocide

Last edited by Persephone; 08-14-2018 at 06:00 AM
Old 08-14-2018, 05:40 AM
Fan Forum Star

The Miniaturist.
Old 08-17-2018, 01:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ I haven't heard of The Miniaturist. Is it good? Are you liking it? =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourburst (View Post)
Hot Fuzz
I've always wanted to watch that! Maybe one day I'll be able to make it happen. =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ☆Follow☆the☆Stars☆ (View Post)
Maybe it was the fact that i saw a
Spoiler:
in the 1990 version . But to me the 2017 version isn´t that scary .

Oh yes, i don´t watch that one but i think they are British. The only show i watch with lots of nudity is Shameless .

I will just leave this here... .

Spoiler:

Youtube
I have watched both versions of It! Now we can discuss them properly. I actually watched the 1990 version twice. When I watched it the first time, I didn't think It's true form was all that scary. Then I watched it a second time and I realized how truly scary It really was. We actually disagree about that. I found the 1990 version scary...but not as scary as the 2017 version. There were more moments in the 2017 version for me. I have only watched the more recent version once, but the two scenes that are very clear in my mind are the scene where It turned Bev's bathroom into a bloodbath, and the scene where It came out of the refrigerator/contortion scene with Eddie.

I just had to give Game of Thrones a chance, so I'm right in the middle of my watch/catch-up of it. I haven't watched Shameless. I just didn't realize it had nudity in it.

Oh, bless me, Father, for I have sinned. =p

Last edited by rocky845; 08-17-2018 at 08:02 AM
Old 08-17-2018, 07:04 AM
Moderator Support Team

Yay

Ah, it´s okay .

That bloodbath scene was scary . Oh that scene (the one of Pennywise coming out of the refrigerator for Eddie was the one i old you about the other day. Where Bill was worried that maybe he was scaring Jack (Eddie) for real .

There is one scene from the 1990 version that freaked me out besides the spider one. It was the scene where Beverly goes back to her old house and that old lady gives her some tea. Cool nod to Hansel & Gretel . Eventually the tea transforms into blood and Beverly realizes that´s no old lady but Pennywise .

I hope you enjoy Game of Thrones .

Besides the nudity, Shameless is a good show .

I would sin everyday...Oh God i shouldn´t have said this here .

Either way , i hope you catch up with Castle Rock too . This last episode was so WOW

CSI Miami

BRICS
🙏🕯️
🇵🇸 🕊️#stopIsraelgenocide
Old 08-18-2018, 01:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ That is a huge reason that Pennywise is such an evil villain. It is able to see The Losers Club members' deepest fears, and It used them to scare them/mess with them. That was definitely one of the scariest moments in the 1990 version. As for the bloodbath scene in the 2017 version, the scariest part was when the hair came out of the drain and it started trying to pull Bev down the drain.

I connected the dots after I watched the Jimmy Kimmel interview and Bill told that story about the refrigerator scene. It was so cute that Bill really thought he was traumatizing Jack...but Jack told Bill that he loved what he was doing in the scene. =p

Game of Thrones is currently on the backburner. Maybe I'll catch up sometimes in December.

After watching two seasons of Game of Thrones, I'm sure I wouldn't mind the nudity on Shameless.

That makes two of us.

I was going to wait until the season ended...but with all your talk about the episodes so far, I'm thinking of bumping Castle Rock up on my watch list. =p Tell me this. Would I still enjoy it and know what's going on, even though I have very little experience with Stephen King books and/or shows and movies?
Old 08-19-2018, 01:47 PM
Moderator Support Team

^ If Pennywise showed up to me i would probably see spiders and something related to heights . But that was definitely a scary/messed up scene alright .

"I hope he hires me" that was the best . Have you watched this one ? Plus the laugh

Ah okay ^^

Shameless is what you can consider normal .

I thought the same thing actually. But thanks to a few gifsets on Tumblr i couldn´t wait anymore .

I do think think you would enjoy it . I have seen a few Stephen King´s movies but i don´t have much experience with the books. So we are okay .

Weekend at Bernie´s

BRICS
🙏🕯️
🇵🇸 🕊️#stopIsraelgenocide
Old 08-20-2018, 01:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ Aw. I have no idea what Pennywise would show me. I'm sure there is some deep-rooted fear that I'm blocking out. =p

Hires him for what? I wish I could watch that video. When I clicked on it, it gave me the message, "Video unavailable
The uploader has not made this video available in your country.
"

I'm thisclose to giving in and watching it now ...especially since I checked the bill skarsgard tag on tumblr, and I came across some goodies there. There was this one gif that I browsed past last night...from episode 5.... I am definitely getting close to watching it.

That's a relief. I'm probably going to clueless about some moments and connections, since the Stephen King universe is mostly a blank for me ...but I'm looking forward to seeing what all the hype is about.

Last edited by rocky845; 08-20-2018 at 01:48 AM
Old 08-20-2018, 08:10 AM
Moderator Support Team

^ That may be the same for me. I don´t know what my mind holds .

To act i guess ? I have no idea in what context Bill was thinking. But i´m guessing it had to do with Jack finding him a great actor . That is weird . Sometimes that happens to me too because some videos are blocked in Portugal. But i was able to watch that one.

I can imagine the goodies because every time i go to his tag i see lots of nudity . Oh God you saw the butt one ?

One of the things i like on the Castle Rock introduction is that they show us a nod to Stephen King universe. Some people at Tumblr think (this is a theory, it has not been confirmed)
Spoiler:

Supernatural

BRICS
🙏🕯️
🇵🇸 🕊️#stopIsraelgenocide
Old 08-20-2018, 10:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ Thankfully, we'll never have to find out what fears Pennywise would use against us.

Clearly Bill has much appreciation for the kids. That's the first video in a while that I haven't been able to watch. What is it about anyway?

I only checked out the tag two days ago, and unfortunately, I only came across two gif sets of him where he isn't fully dressed. I'm going to have to take another look when I get a chance. =p That's the one. I came across another set where the Kid is showering with a guard standing nearby, but all you see is that he's topless.

That's one of the main reasons that I want to watch it. I think it's an interesting idea to take different details from Stephen King's books and putting them in one show. I didn't click on the spoiler tag, because I want to stay as spoiler-free as possible...but I am going to save your post for when I start watching the show.
Old 08-21-2018, 01:27 PM
Moderator Support Team

^ I´m glad for that .

He talks about his audition for Pennywise and that the Director wanted him to come with clown makeup. Also he had to practice a laugh which in the video he says he did it in his car while driving through Hollywood . Then someone asks if Bill was wearing his normal clothes and he says he had to walk to the building in his regular clothes, with clown makeup and laughing

Check the the Hemlock Grove tag. You may get spoilers but that´s where most of the nude gifs come from . He is so sassy
Spoiler:
I remember that one . I thought they were going to show him full naked. I was watching it with my mom so awkward . I saw his butt even before i watched the episode (thanks Tumblr) and i freaked out right away .

I hope you catch up soon because there´s a theory going on and i want to share .

BRICS
🙏🕯️
🇵🇸 🕊️#stopIsraelgenocide
Old 08-21-2018, 10:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ I'm glad about that too.

I think I watched another video where he talked about the audition process. It might have been a press junket for the movie. I wish I could have seen that audition. It must have been truly something if the final decision-maker chose him to play Pennywise. =p

I'll think about it. Like I said, I want to be as spoiler-free as I can.

That is awkward. I don't have that problem, since my mom doesn't watch the shows that I watch. I'm thanking Tumblr for that 'spoiler' too.

I can't decide which show to watch next. Should I watch a) Hemlock Grove, b) Stranger Things or c) Castle Rock?

I'm looking forward to discussing that theory too. =p

Last edited by rocky845; 08-22-2018 at 12:27 PM
Old 08-22-2018, 08:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

^Stranger Things, then hEMLOCK