Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-04-2006, 01:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

What Movie Would You Play?

I found this idea over the Johnny Depp board, and I thought it would be really cool to post a thread like this here!

What three films would you show a friend or foe (or anyone really) to convince them of Natalie's brilliance?

Or you can simply choose the three movies you'd play if you were to have a Natalie Portman Marathon, be it for convincing purposes or simply the pleasure principle.

You can conclude some reasons on why you picked the film if you wish.

To convince someone, I'd show them these:

The Professional - This film was her first and she was very awesome in it. Plus, she was very young, as well.
Where the Heart Is - To me, this film teaches you about life and how you should be grateful for many loved ones that surrounds you.
Garden State - This film has a mix of comedy and romance that you have to love her for the role of Sam.

As for a movie marathon:

Where the Heart Is
Cold Mountain
Anywhere But Here

So, what films would you chose?
Old 06-04-2006, 01:44 PM
Master Fan

Hmmm, I think I'd pick:

The Professional: A great story with a lot of action but also very endearing.
Closer: Lost of drama and great acting. Entertaining. Natalie won a Golden Globe for her performance in this film for a reason!
Garden State: Very sweet and quirky character.
Old 06-04-2006, 02:03 PM
Master Fan

hmm...

Closer: Because this movie is not fabricated at all. It's a real movie, and she won awards for it

Where the Heart is: Because, as Tina said, it teaches you about life and to be grateful for what you have and for the people around you.

V for Vendetta: Because this movie is really phenominal and she portrayed a great character.
Old 06-04-2006, 08:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

Very good picks, everyone.

I was pretty sure that the picks would be flooded with her Star Wars movies.
Old 06-06-2006, 09:29 PM
Master Fan

i was actually going to say star wars, but then again, starwars didn't necessarily make her famous...she already was.
Old 06-06-2006, 10:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

True... from the movie, Leon.
Old 06-06-2006, 10:51 PM
Ultimate Fan

Garden State - Natalie's acting was flawless in this movie. Made me love her even more than I did.
Anywhere But Here - This was the first movie I ever saw Natalie in and I instantly took a liking to her. I think it would do the same for any person and it's a great movie too.
Closer - What can you say about this movie? Natalie perfected the character of Alice and it's also an amazing movie.
Old 06-07-2006, 06:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

Chelsea: Those are good choices and input.

I wish those her movies would come on TV. Especially Beautiful Girls or Leon since I haven't seen BG and I haven't seen Leon in a LONG time.
Old 06-08-2006, 11:52 PM
Master Fan

I haven't watched many of Natalie's movies, but my first pick would be Closer - she was so amazing: complex, tough, yet with a vulnerable side. She has the show's best lines, too:

"I don't love you anymore. Goodbye" / "Lying is the most fun a girl can have without taking her clothes off" (I"m sure there are more, only I can't remember).

Her character is the binding one between all of them, more than the rest; and Alice pulsated with a vibrancy that maybe only Clive Owen could match. The song The Blower's Daughter is pretty much for her, isn't it, and that speaks volumes about how important she is to the movie. It's a great show too, with good actors - if you ever needed a movie to showcase her acting range, this is it.

I was thinking maybe Garden State, too, but I don't think she was as good here as she was as Alice, and she was more sweet here. If you wanted to make people like Natalie, though, this couldn't be a better movie.

I can't really think of a third movie - V For Vendetta didn't make as much an impact on me as the other two, and apart from some Star Wars that's all of her movies that I've watched.
Old 06-09-2006, 12:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

Gwen: Nice choices!

Does anyone else have input?
Old 06-12-2006, 12:44 AM
Master Fan

Thanks!
Old 06-13-2006, 04:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

You're welcome!

I think another movie that I would like to see is Free Zone. That movie looks awesome but it hasn't come here yet.
Old 06-30-2006, 10:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

Anyone else like to give their opinon about this?
Old 07-14-2006, 01:27 PM
Master Fan

Hrm, I'd say:

The Professional - To show how her acting has no limits of age; she was as good then as she is now.
Garden State - Really good physical comedy, and I think she was really likeable in the movie as well.
It was really hard, but ultimately I went for Closer (it was between that and V for Vendetta), because I think she was so daring and strong in the movie, among such capable actors.
i got stuck on the side you know i never chose
but it's all about taking the easy way out for you i suppose
Old 08-11-2006, 01:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

Nice choices, Shannon!

I would like to change my list since I've seen V for Vendetta.

To convince someone, I'd show them these:

The Professional - This film was her first and she was very awesome in it. Plus, she was very young, as well.
Where the Heart Is - To me, this film teaches you about life and how you should be grateful for many loved ones that surrounds you.
V for Vendetta: Natalie showed so much emotion in this film. Plus, I feel no one could replace her as Evey! She did an awesome job in this!

Would anyone change their list or keep it the same?