Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-23-2007, 10:29 PM
Master Fan

OT #9: The Answer to The Ultimate Question Of Life, the Universe and Everything

Won't post the answer if you haven't read The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (although I'm sure everyone knows it) - suffice to say it was funny in an annoying way.

Kat My icon is from The History Boys! Which is a fantastic movie and you should totally check it out.

Office work can be really boring! I worked as a receptionist in my holidays once. Luckily the people who called were quite nice. I had quite a lot of free time actually. But I can see why irritating callers can piss you off (obviously).

Ken If you don't have the DVD you should go to online sites to find them. Can I post links to TV sites on FF?
Old 03-24-2007, 03:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the new thread!

I think as long as the sites aren't rival forums it's ok

I haven't seen The History Boys movie, Gwen, but I did see it at the theatre. I'll have to try and watch the movie at some point

I love The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. The book at least, I fell asleep during the movie

Kat | icon |
Old 03-24-2007, 05:33 AM
Master Fan

Ah ok. Well in that case, Ken, you can watch House at TV Links or PeekVid

You watched the play?! How was it? I'm so desperate to watch it after seeing the movie, but I don't think they're going on a run anytime soon and definitely not here. I love the movie though. You must watch it!

I didn't like the movie much, but the book - yeah it was good. I love Martin (wait, or was his name Marvin? I can't remember) the Paranoid Android.
Old 03-25-2007, 04:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodnightboy (View Post)
You watched the play?! How was it? I'm so desperate to watch it after seeing the movie, but I don't think they're going on a run anytime soon and definitely not here. I love the movie though. You must watch it!
It was really good, although it wasn't with the original cast (who are the movie lot, I think). I'd love to see Richard Griffiths in it

I think it's Marvin And yeah, he was great. Although I did feel bad for him at times with him being so depressed

Kat | icon |
Old 03-25-2007, 05:21 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Hey guys, how's it going? I saw Reign Over Me (the new Adam Sandler movie...it's a drama), twice this weekend. I loved it! Seriously, his best performance yet.
Old 03-25-2007, 05:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm hoping to catch Reign Over Me at some point, I don't think it's released here until April. Finally Liv is in something new! Glad you enjoyed it, Anji.

Kat | icon |
Old 03-25-2007, 06:50 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I hope you do see it, when it's released for you. It's such a powerful performance from Adam. Liv's character was so sweet.
Old 03-25-2007, 07:25 AM
Elite Fan

I bought myself a new 80gb iPod. I love it. The battery life on it is fantastic. I have all my TV shows, music videos, and my ever-growing music collection. Also, I downloaded Tetris...

I also got the new Buffy S8 comic...very well done, btw. The original plan was to go see The Hills Have Eyes 2, but that didn't happen. Maybe sometime this week. I did finish Stranger Than Fiction...and I just didn't like it. Not for me.

Were celebrating my Mom's 50th birthday today. I bought her a digital camera...which she seems to love. And were all going out to this nice italian restaurant in the city, should be nice.

kenny | credit
Old 03-25-2007, 08:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Ooh, enjoy your iPod, Ken! I should put more TV shows on mine for my boring bus journeys to work Hope you have a nice time out at the restaurant. Mmm, italian food

Kat | icon |
Old 03-25-2007, 06:34 PM
Master Fan

Hey, huge iPod mine is a 30GB one. I call it my lifetime investment I have a few videos, but no TV shows. And music, of course. I still have lots of space left

Digital camera? Sweet. Yum, italian food. I love italian food. Pasta... could eat it for the rest of my life and talking about Adam Sandler, I'm not a fan of his much but I thought his work in Punchdrunk Love was pretty good, he was rather unrecognisable (from the usual characters he plays). I haven't heard of Reign over Me.

Why weren't they the original cast, was it some kind of spin off? all the more you should watch the movie, then. They're excellent.
Old 03-26-2007, 01:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodnightboy (View Post)
Why weren't they the original cast, was it some kind of spin off? all the more you should watch the movie, then. They're excellent.
I think it was the second run in the theatre and so maybe they gave the "reserves" a try or something

Kat | icon |
Old 03-26-2007, 01:46 AM
Master Fan

Reserves! where do you stay? Hmm, perhaps, although it's a bit weird.
Old 03-26-2007, 05:54 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Ken, have fun with your ipod. Howcome you didn't like STF? How was your mom's birthday?

I want to sleep in!
Old 03-26-2007, 08:49 AM
Master Fan

You can't, Anji?

Somebody give me self disipline to study!

And I'm going to be a Master Fan soon! (see, an example of my skewed priorities).
Old 03-26-2007, 05:19 PM
Elite Fan

Congrats on being a "Master Fan" - I'm on my way to becoming "Elite"

I just couldn't get into STF. I thought WF performance was pretty flat...and dry. I didn't really buy MG being hardcore and soft. I thought the movie ran too long...and I just couldn't get into the whole idea of how this woman was controlling his life...and others. I didn't buy it.

Had a good time yesterday. I had Chicken Marsala for dinner. I think it if didn't have all the mushrooms in the land on top of the chicken...it would've been a great dinner. But, it was nice being out with my family...and not working. I had alot of bread & olive oil. What bugged me was I was drinking Ketel One w/ Club soda...and I only got 1. They had like assumed I didn't want more than one...and I never corrected them.

Study ... or else ...

kenny | credit

Last edited by smoothaise; 03-26-2007 at 05:26 PM