Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-27-2007, 09:13 PM
Elite Fan

Discussion of the Week Thread: Who would you like to see Natalie collaborate with?

I decided since I'm going to be temp modding, we should have a "Discussion of the Week" ... which tend to be alot of fun, and vibrant in discussion. We do it all the time at the Desperate Housewives board ... it proves successful during the off-season. Anyways, to get to know you guys a little better, here is this week's question:

What is your favorite Natalie Portman movie role, and why?

Mine would have to be Sam, from Garden State. The reason I chose this role is because I felt like NP was extremly comfortable with this character. She was able to find heart, humor, and a innocent smile and define her. I felt like Zach Braff did write with NP in mind, and it shows ... I loved Sam's optimism above anything else. I loved alot of the things about her character, and it made me watch the film numerous times, and continue to fall in love with the actress behind the character.

credit

Last edited by smoothaise; 02-27-2007 at 09:19 PM
Old 02-28-2007, 02:06 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Ken, I like this idea, thanks for bringing it over.

As for mine...it'd be a toss-up between Ann August from Anywhere But Here and Sam from Garden State.

Ann: I can just relate to her so much, it's almost scary for me at times, lol. I think Natalie did such a brilliant job. This was the first Nat movie I ever saw...at least, that I can remember. I loved how down-to-earth she was, and how could she related to the character really showed on camera. Since, in interviews, Nat said that would be happening to her soon (at that time), going off to college, being on her own.

Sam: Who doesn't love this character, seriously? Sam was just so spunky, and inspirational, but not at all in a preachy way. I loved how she helped Andrew, without it being overtly obvious, throughout the film. She was just such a feel-good character. I also relate to her...the goofball part.
Old 03-03-2007, 06:52 AM
Master Fan

This is such a hard question! It depends on how you define 'favourite role' - if it's in terms of character, it's Sam, but if it's in terms of acting range then it's Alice.

Sam: Like everyone has said - such a great character. You can see why it appealed to her - Sam is cute and funny, but she's not just a typical one-dimensional character in romance movies. She's rather complex, actually - she seems so strong on the outside but she lies all the time and seems to be rather insecure (at least for me) on the inside. And she's quirky and odd and really, it would be a blast having her as a friend

Alice: Does it seem to you that the film seemed to be about Alice, even though it portrayed all the characters equally? Like she was at the focus of it all. Seriously, the film was so good, and part of it was how strong all the acting was, and Natalie's in particular. She made Alice her own. She was really just incredible - you know what I mean. I can't describe how good she was.
Old 03-17-2007, 07:52 AM
Master Fan

Will there be a new discussion, Ken?
Old 03-18-2007, 12:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Do you have a dicussion topic, Gwen? My mind is blank

Kat | icon |
Old 03-19-2007, 06:17 AM
Master Fan

Hmm. Oh, I've got one!

Who would you like to see Natalie collaborate with (actors/actresses, directors etc) and why?
Old 03-22-2007, 12:46 PM
Elite Fan

I'll edit the title...thanks.

My answer would be Wentworth Miller. I'm a big Prison Break fan, and I can see Natalie/Wentworth having great chemistry.

credit
Old 03-23-2007, 10:51 PM
Master Fan

I've never watched Prison Break, but you know what I'd like? I'd like to 'see' Natalie act in a Tim Burton animated movie. Something like The Nightmare Before Christmas, with Johnny Depp. I can see her having such a blast...
Old 03-24-2007, 04:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh I love The Nightmare Before Christmas. Something like that would be great! I generally always want actors I like to appear on shows I like. So Natalie on House would be awesome. Give her some great scenes with Hugh Laurie and I'd be very happy

Kat | icon |
Old 03-24-2007, 05:34 AM
Master Fan

Or with the Ducklings! You know what would be nice? Her as a repeat character for a while, kind of like Stacy. But not in a Tritter or Vogler way... or even as a POTW. That would be cool, too.