Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-29-2012, 08:10 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetxmisery (View Post)
I think Addison will hear about Mark's passing next week on PrP

ETA: From Shonda: "I kept pitching that he goes to L.A. and runs off with Addison. I loved that idea."
That would have been the best! I choked when i read it

He wouldn´t have had to leave Sofia. He could have gone from Seatlle to L.A and Callie, who is a great friend of Addie, would have come along to be with her friends.

I loved that picture
friendswithbenefits
Old 09-29-2012, 11:08 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Patrick Dempsey

I love Mark/Addie but what Shonda said made sense.

derek shepherd | charmed | borrowed heaven | 💚 𝓳𝒶𝒿𝑒
Old 09-29-2012, 01:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Is it wrong that I don't like the idea of Sofia so much now because she ruined the Maddison reunion?
Old 09-29-2012, 01:12 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maité (View Post)
Is it wrong that I don't like the idea of Sofia so much now because she ruined the Maddison reunion?
I don´t think Sofia was the one that ruined that possibility, Shonda said that a Maddison reunion would have been like a stab on Slexie fans. Sofia could have visited daddy, Seattle, L.A, it´s not like another planet. could be done. Would have been a beautiful crossover IMO

But, honestly I don´t think she truly wanted Mark to stay with Addie TODAY, unfortunately Not after everything that happened with the fans after she killed Lexie and mainly not after the love words they said to each other on the finale. Slexie fans would have killed Shonda if Mark stayed with Addison.

I think Shonda tried to be good with God and the devil with those words in Mark´s death.

I think she tried to make peace with Slexie fans, Maddison fans and Mallie fans with what she said but in her mind today it was all about Mark and Lexie...
friendswithbenefits

Last edited by McMallie; 09-29-2012 at 01:17 PM
Old 09-29-2012, 04:13 PM
Dedicated Fan

Out of pure curiosity, why is Ella in the title?

Addison disposed of her because she believed the child to be beneath her. I know she spent the next six years playing herself a song on the violin and blaming the universe at the unfairness that a woman who had an abortion at 39 couldn't conceive a child in her 40s, but seriously? Putting the name of the aborted child seems kind of sick.
Old 09-30-2012, 11:21 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Patrick Dempsey

It's simply means Ella belongs with Mark/Addison.

Old 09-30-2012, 01:29 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissOutOnThePrize (View Post)
Out of pure curiosity, why is Ella in the title?

Addison disposed of her because she believed the child to be beneath her. I know she spent the next six years playing herself a song on the violin and blaming the universe at the unfairness that a woman who had an abortion at 39 couldn't conceive a child in her 40s, but seriously? Putting the name of the aborted child seems kind of sick.
Old 10-02-2012, 11:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Someone who watches PP told me Addison was crying because of Mark. Derek called her and told her
Old 10-03-2012, 02:55 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Patrick Dempsey

She did she actually cried more than i thought she would.

Old 10-03-2012, 08:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Old 10-04-2012, 06:04 AM
Dedicated Fan

i have to admit i did not like how it happened
When i saw the preview, i thought it would be much better. It actually seemed forced, not Kate´s acting but the whole thing. Like it had to be mentioned on PP, so let´s do it and move on but it should have been an Addison moment, without all the people there, and it was all confusing with Violet´s singing and the camera, coming and going. I don´t know, it was weird. I thought it would be much more emotional anyway, i´m glad it was mentioned.
friendswithbenefits
Old 10-04-2012, 07:12 AM
Extreme Fan

that mention on PP did seem very forced, but I am a little shocked it got mention, I mean this is Shonda after all.

If Mark left SA cuz he couldn't bare Lexie dying or he went to LA to be with Addison, he would still be abandoning Sofia in some way. Yes Seattle is not that far away from LA, but its more of the message it sends, ppl lose their love ones all the time, ppl are left without their spouses, significant others, etc, it doesn't excuse walking away from a child that have you have been actively part of. In either cases it would make Mark seem like he was choosing Addison/Lexie over Sofia, neither of which he was techically involved with at the time.

Dying was pretty Mark's only way out that wouldn't make him seem like a deadbeat dad.
Old 10-04-2012, 07:32 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyore8795 (View Post)
that mention on PP did seem very forced, but I am a little shocked it got mention, I mean this is Shonda after all.

If Mark left SA cuz he couldn't bare Lexie dying or he went to LA to be with Addison, he would still be abandoning Sofia in some way. Yes Seattle is not that far away from LA, but its more of the message it sends, ppl lose their love ones all the time, ppl are left without their spouses, significant others, etc, it doesn't excuse walking away from a child that have you have been actively part of. In either cases it would make Mark seem like he was choosing Addison/Lexie over Sofia, neither of which he was techically involved with at the time.

Dying was pretty Mark's only way out that wouldn't make him seem like a deadbeat dad.
I honestly think what Shonda said after Mark´s death was total BS. She would have never put Mark back with Addison. First because she has other storylines way too developed in PP with Sam and Jake but mainly because Slexie fans would have killed her, especially after killing Lexie. In her mind, Lexie was the love of his life. It would have tot been fair for anyone to re start sth with Addison, IMO. Though i wouldn´t have had any problem
friendswithbenefits
Old 10-04-2012, 08:04 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Patrick Dempsey

well that PP episode was kinda twisted, it was Pete's funeral and they were not dealing, Pete wanted them to have a party, so Addie's cries for Mark triggered Violet's outburst, it's like a domino effect

and it seems like Mark's death will continue affecting Addison and her lovelife

Old 10-04-2012, 10:33 AM
Extreme Fan

I never liked Maddison or Slexie as a couple, but always felt like Shonda liked beating both couples like a dead horse

Exhibit A: Maddison

Mark shows up for a booty call, Derek and Addison divorce, Mark sleeps with Callie and Addison and Alex flirtation begins, 60 day bet, Addison leaves for PP, crossover season 5, Derek naturally assumes Mark wants to tell him he wants Addison, before beating him over Lexie, season 6 crossover, another Maddison hook up, season 8 AU ends with Maddison hook up. Glad I was never a fan of this pairing, maybe the die hard fans appreciate the few bones Shonda threw them, but for me this one dead horse.

Exhibit B: Slexie

Mark and Lexie hook up. Why Mark is afraid to tell Derek still boogles me, considering he hit the sack with his wife already, Derek finds out, he and mark go at it, another rocky start, peace finally bolds over for 5 secs, season 6 preggers teenage daughter shows up, Mark wants a family, Lexie doesn't, dumps Lexie, flies to LA, oops another hook up with Addison, comes back Lexie hooks up with Alex already, can't we call it even? nope, Mark blames Lexie, more awkwardness ensures season 7, on the edge of reuniting but oops Callie is preggers, this time Lexie walks away, Lexie hooks up with Jackson and CAM almost make a threesome here, season 8 Mark randomly starts dating Julia, awhile we watch Mark and Lexie make gooey eyes at each other, but Mark keeps dating Julia, bam plane crash, Lexie is pined under, bye bye love declaration. Again, I get the dieheart fans might love that well they kinda ended up together with them dying, but again for me another horse thats been beaten one too many times.

Fluff isn't what makes a good drama, but a horse can only beaten so many times for me. The few bones just aren't good enough, in fact it kinda messes with ppl. For me Mallie is the most norm relationship Mark has ever had, they maybe friends with benefits, but I felt it was understood on both ends. Both Maddison and Slexie were constantly filled with an unrequited expectations from one another. I am not trying to bash either of them, but that is the impression I always got.

PP episode was horrid at least the 5 mins I watched, it was like watching George's funeral, and in either case I didn't like George or Pete, but somehow the tribute just felt wrong, I didn't expect Mark to get anything from PP, but it was more like oh so Addison does know Mark died.