Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-15-2010, 03:23 AM
Loyal Fan

T.R. Knight || George O'Malley || #38: Because We're Counting the Days Until We See on the Stage Again

w e l c o m e | t o | t h e | 38 th
G E O R G E O ' M A L L E Y/T. R. K N I G H T
a p p r e c i a t i o n | t h r e a d

"As an actor - unless you're exceedingly lucky and you're one of the golden few - a lot of your life you're unemployed and a lot of your life you're poor. You gotta be a little insane and driven and have it be the only thing you want to do."

. . .
fans;
01.) Bluebird of Happiness
02.) wanderer78
03.) Robotica
04.) Jason's Lover4life
05.) Mrs. George Eads
06.) jsrocks
07.) Codypup
08.) Shanti70
09.) lace1023
10.) CrisBR
11.) DreamWalker
12.) CharlieandClaire
13.) Moonie
14.) Merlin_Bodhi
15.) faith_in_Faith
16.) Leyton_is_love
17.) glazed.over
18.) Callalily
19.) Messerschmitts
20.) ColdLinoleum
21.) CrazeePinkee
22.) sweety86
23.) Beatriz
24.) ~Catrina~
25.) _virgo_
26.) NakedMonki
27.) girl.inthewar
28.) ComeAwayWithMe
29.) crazy_jadey_baby
30.) Toscane
31.) just joy
32.) pregra
33.) MusicofNight07
34.) Kate1991
35.) funkyflamingo
36.) angelchelle1017
37.) Black mamba
38.) LukeAbbyLover
39.) csikicksurass22
40.) Rachcntrygrl7
41.) BeautifulMistakex
42.) KerBear
43.) Bella Grint
44.) *Laura.Isabell*
45.) baha2
46.) BrucasForever<3
47.) RyanTaylorFan
48.) TrueloveGeorgeCallie
49.) cranny4eva
50.) mcdreamylover
51.) Manda8706
52.) IsabelAmandaEvans
53.) mariem201
54.) write2me
55.) dancer150
56.) xjoyusx
57.) PiCkLeS4dAwSoN
58.) Dorkodancer147
59.) Manda8706
60.) ruby-blue
61.) agentcmk
62.) msqueenbea
63.) canuck_gizziefan
64.) josebajm
65.) miss_spargo
66.) dizzie_forever
67.) sohoblue123
68.) True Daisy lover
69.) Presley06
70.) RachandAdam'91
71.) downinnewyork
72.) Mcyummyfan
73.) Dorkodancer147
74.) valeposh
75.) leedsUK
76.) Dreamer Candy4eva
77.) Bambi_Cricket
78.) thackery
79.) Cheeezy
80.) gabigirl
81.) aprilof06
82.) sh0brenda
83.) Sabrinalovesgi
84.) andyjiang
85.) Virginie_GW
86.) chemicalgenius
87.) MeganM
88.) LoVe-Story
89.) KarinaT
90.) Nickandtess
91.) karsongirl
92.) MIssypepperoni
93.) chesterHester
94.) MargaretAb
95.) daisyrose
96.) kellykip
97.) Marahno
98.) amcfan
99.) My Shiver
100.) Shellefan
101.) linguisticpassion
102.) edwardandbella
103.) chocomousse
104.) Lakehouse
105.) Milania
106.) Jordan2Delta
107.) cherrygirl
108.) teddybears
109.) Gigi19
110.) warangel
111.) AubreyT
112.) belissima
113.) smungyang
114.) minalovesumi
115.) ThePrettySophia
116.) BryannaD
117.) Rossignol
118.) hellojojo123
119.) dbryangirl
120.) bosswoman
121.) sheltonk
122.) ecallie
123.) brendadylan1984
124.) maggiemay4
125.) IloveJosh
126.) carriema
127.) kangaroogirl
128.) mileno3
129.) ganymede20
130.) x-love-adam-brody-x
131.) ilovemcsteamy
132.) fishergirl
133.) nellyluver
134.) Chattia
135.) rahmat_naureen
136.) Red Bess Rackham
137.) ellen-cheerleaderx
138.) mickeynmouse
139.) gimmeshelter
140.) StefarooALG
141.) Enamorada
142.) DemonSlayer
143.) peace_of_me
144.) canthaveyou
145.)drcookchick
146.) greysaddiction
147.) lostaway04
148.) katie2323
149.) Jean0524
150.) inthesun
151.) ..Mysha..
152.) sunshinestate
153.) naturellebella
154.) SaRaBonesPortugal
155.) ronsam
156.) Narvika
157.) Matt Logan
158.) Little_Grey
159.) Maité
160.)Abovethefray
161.)B.Chambers
162.)Natasja1982
163.)nhlpfan
164.)MericP
165.)greysgal95
166.)Fairy*
167.)Horges
168.)ANGPDX
169.)DaWsonSReaLJoEy

. . .

art;

Courtesy of fozzy81

Courtesy of Duffy

Courtesy of Red Bess Rackham

reasons;

Because he's our Knight in shinning whatever.
Because he has talent far beyond the likes Grey's Anatomy has ever seen.
Because he's both beautiful on the inside and the outside.
Because its T.R. Knight...'nuff said.
Because he's so lovable and cute, its crazy.
Because he makes us swooon with his acting and his shirtless scenes...
Because he doesn't have an arrogant bone in his body
Because his smile can melt the coldest heart
Because he can express so much without saying a word
Because he brings warmth and heart to the show
Because he makes George O'Malley irreplaceable
Because he loves Elmo
Because his laughter is contagious
Because he is our yummy McNugget
Because he makes us smile
Because we always want to give him a big hug
quotes;
Richard: What are doing with Baileys child?
George: Dr. Bailey and I are in love. I will be heading back to Vegas with her as soon as my divorce with Dr. Torres is final.

George: Aren't you gonna say anything or (pauses as Webber stares at him) I'm not gonna break (pause) I'm starting to get a little freaked out, but I'm not gonna break. It’s not because I don't care, because I do care what you think about me, I do. Care. I just can't tell you want you want to hear. Which seems to be a theme in my life right now. Just because you can't say something doesn't mean you don't want to, you can want to very much. You can be with a person and be happy with them and not love them. And you can love somebody and not want to be with them. You don't need to love someone to want them. Now that's frustrating, when what your brain tells you you want and what you actually want don't match up. It’s exhausting. And, well, it’s complicated. But that's life. And life... sucks.

George: I would've given my dad my heart if I could. If I could've saved him. I would've given him my heart.

Lexie: You're lookin' for a kid?
George: Yeah. His mom's in surgery and if I don't find this kid Bailey is going to change her son's middle name to Elvis or Tupperware... anything will be better than George.

George: [to Miranda] You said you would be straight with me. He could have lived for weeks. Months. We could have had months with him. My mom, she could have had months with him!
Richard: He wanted to fight the cancer, George.
George: He didn't know better! You knew better! You shouldn't have done it. You shouldn't have done it.

George:
Oh. McDreamy was doing the McNasty with McHottie? That McBastard!

"I guess there have been a few questions about my sexuality, and I'd like to quiet any unnecessary rumors that may be out there. While I prefer to keep my personal life private, I hope the fact that I'm gay isnt the most interesting part of me."

"I remember saying to someone when I got one of those 'don't do it' [comments] – I just remember hearing my voice being calm and saying, 'No, it's going happen. It's going to happen. I'm just letting you know.'"
– T.R. Knight, on coming out, in The Advocate.

“If a guy wants to wear a dress, so what? It’s not a big deal. Let him wear a damn dress!”
-TR Knight, Speaking at Miguel Contreras Learning Complex’s School of Social Justice about the Day of Silence.

"But it's rare when you meet someone you admire and respect and love and cherish so much, so I'm thankful for it. There are only a few people in our lives that you would lay down your life for, and she's one."
(Referring to Katherine Heigl)
Top 5 TR pictures.

. . .

filmography;
"Grey's Anatomy" .... Dr. George O'Malley (102 episodes, 2005-2009)
Max's Words (2007) (V) .... Narrator
The Last Request (2006/I) .... Jeff
"CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" .... Zero Adams (1 episode, 2004)
"Law & Order: Criminal Intent" .... Neil Colby (1 episode, 2004)
"Frasier" .... Alex (1 episode, 2003)
"Charlie Lawrence" (2003) TV series .... Ryan Lemming (unknown episodes)
Garmento (2002) .... Daniel

future title suggestions;
1. Because we all will find our place in the world, like he did
2. He's got the moves
3. We find his shyness truly endearing
4. Because Shonda was missing George. And so were we!
5. George makes us wanna have babies.
6. Cause we're proud to be members of Team TR!
7. Because he is sweet, sexy and funny, what is not to love?
8. Because his smile lights up the room
9. Because George will always be alive in our hearts
10.Because we want TR to bring us cake

previous thread;
33. http://www.fanforum.com/f210/t-r-kni...time-62936782/

Last edited by ganymede20; 09-02-2010 at 05:16 AM
Old 08-15-2010, 03:46 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks Gwen
Old 08-15-2010, 04:13 AM
Loyal Fan

Marie, thanks for the Facebook link.

Berni, as always I love your art. I actually thought G/C was cute and they had smoking chemistry. I hated the way Shonda broke them up. The heart surgery in the elevator was one if his greatest moments. The thing I recall most vividly about the ep. was George's rapport with the firemen. It exemplified his working-class roots.

Quote:
Gwen, thanks for the info about A&E. Well I don't know about cable. I have seen some True blood fans be pretty shallow and it is a cable show.
TB has the hype from the media and that more than anything attracts the bandwagoneers. In truth Burn Notice receives higher ratings and is occasionally the number one cable show. I don't watch it but a few friends do and surprisingly said few of that type of shallow fans reside there. The lead, Jeffrey Donovan, has a nice body but his face isn't conventionally handsome. I suspect the same for Matt. He's definitely handsome but not polished like ED and JC.

Quote:
Ooh, gorgeous TR and Matt photos. Matt's hair colour is very close to TR's real hair colour, had never noticed before. They would make two very hot brothers
They do. I wanted to match the expressions and most of that would be when TR was playing George. I'm liking the idea more and more. He could even be the one who actually slept with the captain's wife. It would be funny too if Callie would flirt with him and make Jim jealous.

Quote:
I could see all the girls and Kurt having a little crush on TR and making sure to be there at the church all the time to be near to him. It could be done humourously.
A long line of them go to the confessional. Rachel will ask him what to do because she isn't Catholic. Could you imagine Sue pursuing him?

Quote:
Oh yes, every single time I try to point out to Internet fans they represent a little part of the entire fanbase, I get told by them that they represent what the general fanbase thinks. How do they know that? I can tell you that people I talk to on the Internet and people I talk to who don't go on the Internet have radically different views about what they like or don,t like in a show.
They believe everyone has access to the internet and would automatically participate in the fandom. Contrary to popular belief many don't have personal computers/laptops and rely on public spaces. Even when they do not all visit message boards as you said. A majority have their own blogs and state their opinions in their columns and communicate with their circle of friends. For example my union reps daughter loves Mad Men but is intimidated by all the posters who either lived through the era or are history buffs. She was afraid of sounding stupid. I also notice LJ has plenty of Gizzie shippers.

You're right some not only spend their time at fanfics sites but art boards too. Fanart for George/TR/Gizzie is incredible for supposedly being unpopular. Remember Deviant Art:

Browsing deviantART

This one is of George listening to Izzie's stomach as she's expecting their first child.

Browsing deviantART

George and Izzie are about to touch hands and it's ambiguous as to where they'll go.

Browsing deviantART

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs38/f/20..._sunnycait.jpg

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs19/i/20..._gotquark7.jpg

My friends also collects, disseminates, and helps formulate questions for mail-in surveys of CBS/CW programming. The answers can be radically different from the ones on their online panel. She says it's because of the influence of the tone of the discussion boards within the panel. That's why CBS asks the same question with different wording and they get divergent answers. Another expert attempt to split the difference. Most importantly these are merely a guide and not necessarily a command for any given show. If writers/ producers relied solely on the audience for creative decisions then some great SLs or characters would never see the light of day.

Quote:
Now TR may not been seen as attractive and sexy by most of the GA fandom but there was never a question why he was in the show it felt right he belonged there and Shonda years ago herself said when was casting our original interns she didn't care for the looks I guess that changed now what a shame.
That's a good point too. While I believe TR's attractiveness was stronger than expected, especially in the early part of GA, the two concepts of likability and desirability aren't always linked. One of my sisters thinks TR is very plain but she loved George and hates nearly all the newbies. Steve MacPherson really miscalculated on all counts on this matter. It's no wonder ABC is third and sliding.

Quote:
Honestly I didn't like that approach I rolled my eyes and laughed and was like seriously.
It also sounded as if this was new for GA. I'm used to the press discounting George/TR but I'd be mad if I were ED because he's been "semi-nude" several many times already. Talk about recycled. Jackson's personality depends on the situation.

Wala, did you hear that C/O is going to have a wedding?

I didn't get to see all of TB so I can't entirely comment. The opening scene where B/S parted was incredibly sad but his reunion with Jessica was so touching. I loved how Bill finally embraced her and she talked about needing him. My Joyt heart is annoyed with Tommy on that matter. I'm more irritated that the T/J shippers who said that G/I didn't work because TR is shorter than KH suddenly overlook that Jessica towers over Tommy without heels. Deborah Ann Woll is 5' 10" and Marshall Allman is 5' 7". Beyond that Hoyt loves her wholeheartedly. I freaking am sick of seeing Franklin. End that SL pronto. I love Sam as big brother and yes, I'd love to see him reunite with Tara. Besides Rutina and Sam Trammell are best friends offscreen and I love seeing them together.

Quote:
What was the deal with Rene? How could he be the dad? He died months and months ago. Poor Arlene.
Arlene is 10 wks. pregnant and she said that's too long for her relationship with Terry so she surmised it had to be Rene's. It could still be Terry's as she was having sex with him while under Maryann's spell but not didn't remember. Or my sense is there's something sinister and supernatural about it. No, I don't want the return of Rene. I didn't like even before it was revealed he was the serial killer.

I should mention here that someone said that he opposed G/I because KH was taller and buxom and looked overwhelming for him. He did say Lara and Lindsay who're shorter and petite make a better fit. Some people are stuck on that.
Old 08-15-2010, 04:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
They believe everyone has access to the internet and would automatically participate in the fandom. Contrary to popular belief many don't have personal computers/laptops and rely on public spaces. Even when they do not all visit message boards as you said. A majority have their own blogs and state their opinions in their columns and communicate with their circle of friends. For example my union reps daughter loves Mad Men but is intimidated by all the posters who either lived through the era or are history buffs. She was afraid of sounding stupid. I also notice LJ has plenty of Gizzie shippers.

You're right some not only spend their time at fanfics sites but art boards too. Fanart for George/TR/Gizzie is incredible for supposedly being unpopular. Remember Deviant Art:
While I always believed internet is everywhere and it does effect shows but many people just watch the show without posting on boards. I do believe an internet fanbase is loud and have a voice but there are other stuff such as the media and press they also hold an effect. For example 90% of Arabs GA fans aren't vocal in the GA American boards and many of them adored George and Gizzie and TR.
Gwen you always mentioned you were happy to see the support for Jonathan Grof on Glee has a decent support everywhere and for example my Tumblr is filled with his pics with Lea and yesterday I was talking to my friends on Twitter about preferring Jesse and Rachel and many agreed with me.
Quote:
Wala, did you hear that C/O is going to have a wedding?
Of course I read it days on TV Guide now I can't get much into it since we decided here to narrow down the spoilers talk but it's just a rumor for now.
Old 08-15-2010, 05:09 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Of course I read it days on TV Guide now I can't get much into it since we decided here to narrow down the spoilers talk but it's just a rumor for now.
Oops, I should've put that in spoiler brackets. TBH I didn't have much of a reaction because with Shonda she likes to put a shocking twist.

Quote:
While I always believed internet is everywhere and it does effect shows but many people just watch the show without posting on boards. I do believe an internet fanbase is loud and have a voice but there are other stuff such as the media and press they also hold an effect. For example 90% of Arabs GA fans aren't vocal in the GA American boards and many of them adored George and Gizzie and TR.
Gwen you always mentioned you were happy to see the support for Jonathan Grof on Glee has a decent support everywhere and for example my Tumblr is filled with his pics with Lea and yesterday I was talking to my friends on Twitter about preferring Jesse and Rachel and many agreed with me.
I like Jesse/Rachel too. They do have a strong following from Spring Awakening the RM realizes for aesthetic reasons and FOX for financial reasons. I'm was just stoked to hear official acknowledgment of this. Jonathan Groff will be on the London stage for Deathtrap, which is why he won't be available for the early part of the season. The Glee touring probably helped because the audience reaction is unfiltered. Apparently they loved hearing JG sing and do some duets with LM. Admittedly that's not something available for GA's format but there was more at the network's disposable than Ausiello and internet haters to gauge true feelings about George/TR.

If I couldn't love RM more. At the TCAs he made subtle digs at ABC for being loud about its gay characters but not treating them the same as the others. He even snarked to one reporter that their track record with openly gay actors wasn't any better. So true! I noticed when TR came out he did little publicity for the show. In S4 he went to Ellen and was interviewed by ET for "Good Medicine." Mainly he was sent to gay organizations to paint a good face for the network. In contrast Chris is heavily in Glee promos, RM provides spoilers for Kurt, and when mags want to do a "Men of Glee" pictorial RM insists that he's present. In doing so RM signals that Chris is an integral part of the show because he's talented, likable, and the character is well-written. Chris being gay is just part of his bio and doesn't have such overwhelming significance since Jane, Jon, and Cheyenne are too. In retrospect TR was used as a facade for ABC's "tolerant" image but the littlest of controversy he was pushed aside.
Old 08-15-2010, 06:27 AM
Dedicated Fan

Hey Guys!

then again:

Sunday August 15, 2010

Only 8 day and will begin rehearsals

Quote:
TPTB are the powers that be, ie the big bosses, the people in charge, like Shonda is on Grey.
okey, so now I understand....

Quote:
Oh that is so awful for your daughter. I hope she feels better, Berni. You must have been so scared.
Quote:
Anyway Berni sorry about your daugther hope she get better I been through my share of injures
Thank you Wala and Marie, She is better, tomorrow we go back to the hospital.

Quote:
Anyway for the nu thread titles :
Because we are counting the days to see back in stage
Oh, NEW THREAD
Wala, I really like the title...

I just read this:News - Neil Patrick Harris "Thrilled" to Welcome Twins This Fall - Moms & Babies - UsMagazine.com

But it would be similar to TR News
Old 08-15-2010, 08:02 AM
Extreme Fan

TFTNT!
Old 08-15-2010, 04:55 PM
Dedicated Fan

Monday August 16,2010

One more week and will begin rehearsals

Last edited by Horges; 08-15-2010 at 05:14 PM
Old 08-15-2010, 08:21 PM
Master Fan

Hey guys.

Thanks for the new thread. I love the title

So today was the Assumption of the virgin mary for us Christians so we went to the Church to celebrate.

It was raining and storming all day but the priest said it was a symbol of fertility and abundance.

Had a nice day despite the storm. Went to the restaurant and later to go bowling with some people. I had not bowl in two years. It was fun.

Then I watched Uptown girls Poor Brittany Murphy.

LOL I would love for TR to play the guy who slept with the captain's wife. Him playing the Don Juan would be a different character for him. Aww Jim and Callie. I like them. I want her to dump the loser hubby and get with him. I hope they get together, but it would be funny to see a jealous Jim. TR could give her some of that Irish charm of his. They didn't say Jim was Irish but he and TR have Irish colourings so it would be nice if they were.

Sue and TR, ha ha. I could just see TR's character bringing up the sweet, feminine side of Sue and having her dolling herself up to go do her confessions, and let's face it, she would need a lot of visits there.

Thanks for the link to that art site. I had never heard of it. Great Gizzie arts, love them. Awesome to see a lot of Gizzie and George love there.

Many fans post exclusively on fanfics and arts sites.

Interesting site and the art there is different. Some very interesing stuff.

I have been doing a few panels for CBS soap operas and like you mention, they do seem to ask the same question at various times but with slight variations in the wording. It is very interesting. I notice that sometimes they listen to the fanbases, but most often than not, they follow their own guts.

Sometimes, they actually like when a character gets massive love and massive hate, like Adam on YR, because it gives the soap attention more than a story people like but are not extremely passionate about. It always makes me laugh because I have seen so many times several fans actively campaign against a couple and character only for the show to see this as passion in this characetr and couple and for the show to continue right along with said character and couple.

I guess they haven't got the message that indifference is what TPTB hates the most.

See, that is why I always thought they would keep Gizzie. Everyone either loved them to death or hated them to death but they had more people buzzing about the show than just about anyone. Since they dumped them, the show hasn't had all that much attention, has it?

I agree about the likability vs desirability. Some characters almost every fan finds hot but that doesn't mean they are loved. You often see the difference when some fans watch the hot characters with their mute button on because their hotness is all they have, LOL.

Those hotties are pretty much interchangeable with any new hotties that come along.

While characters like George are characters fans relate to, care about and want to see happy. They get immortalized in people's hearts and minds long after they are gone.

Gwen, about the height thing, I would ask those people why they had a problem with TR's height but not with Marshall's. I was a bit annoyed with all the comments he made, especially the big cry baby part. For a moment there, I felt brought back to the other guys deriding George on Grey. To be honest, I don't have a problem with Tommy's height. I find him perfectly hot as he is, but I find Hoyt just as good-looking even though he's not my type. He is tall, has well-toned muscles and a great body, so I didn't get the she is out of your league comments, except if he was simply jealous because he can see Jessica loves Hoyt more than she loves him.

Ugh Rene better not be the dad. I love Terry and he would make an amazing daddy.

About the Internet, those people know that not everyone has access to the Internet but they think that they speak for the general non-Internet fanbase out there, that they are a representation of their views and that there can't be that much of a difference between Internet fans and non-Internet fans.

Thing is the people who post are usually the ones who are not satisfied with an aspect of the show and want their voices to be heard. People who are completely happy rarely post and if they do, they post once while the angry people will post over and over again in the hope that the more they talk, the more chances TPTB will see what he has to say.

About Glee, I am more of a Rachel and Finn fan but do like Rachel and Jesse more than Rachel and Puck and find JG the best singer of the gang.

That said, my heart is more into Finn and Rachel. I get so upset about some of the comments on Cory like that he is gay-like or things like that. I am annoyed that sweetness keeps being associated with gay in some places.

Very happy for Neil. Love him.

Ooh, super hot photo of TR. He seems lost in beautiful thoughts again.
Old 08-16-2010, 04:42 AM
Loyal Fan

I have a little good news. Originally my mom got free vouchers to stay at a nearby hotel for two days. We were set to go last Wed. but my dad's gout was worsening. My boss decided to let me and my mom have a room for two days on Tues and Wed. She said to have a real rest and not to get on the internet and use the spa and the pool. I will be gone providing there'll be no interference. I will miss all of you.

Happy belated Assumption to my fellow Catholics. I didn't celebrate as I've been recuperating from this tough migraine.

Berni, I love that you cropped and enlarged that pic because he's as beautiful as a painting. His skin is nice and the serenity on his face is gorgeous. That scar just adds character to his face.

Congratulations to NPH and David on their little bundles of joy. TR will get married and have children when he's ready. After the intense media scrutiny over his last relationship he probably wants to keep some semblance of privacy.

It's nice having a countdown to look forward too. I hope we get rehearsal pics.

I did link some art from the site but I found more and the comments are supportive. Obviously people loved Gizzie and George.

Quote:
LOL I would love for TR to play the guy who slept with the captain's wife. Him playing the Don Juan would be a different character for him. Aww Jim and Callie. I like them. I want her to dump the loser hubby and get with him. I hope they get together, but it would be funny to see a jealous Jim. TR could give her some of that Irish charm of his. They didn't say Jim was Irish but he and TR have Irish colourings so it would be nice if they were.
Chicago is one of those cities where Irish tend to dominate the police force. It would make sense that people would mistake his brother for him when generating the rumors. It would also be an explanation why didn't fight these. It would be a wonderful departure against type to see him as a Lothario. Since many people find his natural hair color flattering this would suit that character better. I bet he could flirt with Callie. I've been dying for him to play someone who took risks like him.

BTW, I've been finding tweets of people who didn't recognize TR on the art for ALiT. They couldn't believe he could look that good.

Quote:
Sue and TR, ha ha. I could just see TR's character bringing up the sweet, feminine side of Sue and having her dolling herself up to go do her confessions, and let's face it, she would need a lot of visits there.
Sue will be aroused by the fact that as a priest he can decide her salvation or damnation. She'll relate this to the principles of S&M and that she has to bow down to a man who can tame her. Of course, TR will find this crazy and try to reason with her but it only gets her excited. This would be the weird topic RM likes.

TR being a priest would be a subtle commentary on his status as a gay actor adored by women. I enjoy the idea that Quinn could confide in him about her ambivalence about giving up her baby.

Quote:
I agree about the likability vs desirability. Some characters almost every fan finds hot but that doesn't mean they are loved. You often see the difference when some fans watch the hot characters with their mute button on because their hotness is all they have, LOL.
In my assessment appearances are far less important to people than it is to the media. Taking aside his dim views on TR/George, the main reason I despise Ausiello is because his reporting is merely verbal masturbation to those who physically excite him. There's little substance as to why we should root for the characters. Most people when they speak of someone they discuss their essence. Frankly the idea of attraction is often more informed by their personality than some like to admit. Those who love "bad boys" will always want them to triumph. It doesn't matter if he's 5' 4" and the love interest is 6'. Likewise I enjoy the honorable men. Lately the more I like Bill the more I see Stephen's flattering features. In the scene with Claudine he was quite striking.

Quote:
Gwen, about the height thing, I would ask those people why they had a problem with TR's height but not with Marshall's.
I did ask that question and some were sincere in applying the same rules. Those who weren't gave the standard, "It's just different!" Truth be told Tommy isn't that popular in the fandom and in this past ep. he's cavorting with a topless women 3-4 inches taller than him and many did find him ridiculous as a Casanova. It's a few who're drooling over him for his "bad boy" mien. It also seems his biggest supporters are in the press. Somehow the bandwagoneers might latch onto this.

The main proponent of this idea of the man must be taller isn't a TR-hater. He's uses that criteria for every ship and he did approve of George with Olivia and Lexie. Although I disagree with his premise I admire him for his consistency.

That said I find this notion rather sexist as it implies that the man has to be dominant over the woman. He also cited the need for a man to appear physically protective in relations to the woman, which reinforces the myth of the feminine weakness. He recommends short, petite actresses for him but not short, voluptuous or athletic ladies. He specifically eliminated Rutina/Tara as a match despite being only 5' 4".

Finally there's way too much emphasis on physicality in these analyses and not on emotional connection. Marshall is cute and with the right woman I'm indifferent to the height differential. In this past ep. Hoyt explained to Jessica that he's dating Summer to stop from thinking about her and being depressed. A round of applause to Jim for superbly delivering that speech with utter sincerity, kindness, and love without dipping into gall. Their interaction showed their deep connection with each other and that's why I ship them. Not because Hoyt is so much taller than Jessica.

Quote:
Ugh Rene better not be the dad. I love Terry and he would make an amazing daddy.
ITA. Arlene better not hurt Terry because he's so sweet and loves her dearly.

Marie, you're going to enjoy this ep. better. B/S make love in the shower in a tender way. My shipper heart beat so fast. There's also sweet moments with Jesus/Lafayette and Ruby Jean sorta admits her homophobia was wrong. Tara is finally taking responsibility for herself and nice moments with Sam and Jason. Bill meets Claudine. There's actually a touching moment with Eric and Pam. Gasp, Pam almost said it was wrong for Eric to kill Talbot. Sookie and had a good exchange with Hadley. Of course, no more Franklin.

Russell became even more deranged to the cheering of the fandom. Those who were ambivalent or cold towards him adore him now. You'll be happy to know some were swayed because of sympathy for losing Talbot.

The bad parts were Crystal flip-flopped again and returned to her abusive clan and Sam uncharacteristically assaulted her father. I want my sweet Sam back!

Quote:
Thing is the people who post are usually the ones who are not satisfied with an aspect of the show and want their voices to be heard. People who are completely happy rarely post and if they do, they post once while the angry people will post over and over again in the hope that the more they talk, the more chances TPTB will see what he has to say.
I'd add that if you rave about the show you're more likely to post as well. Most people's reactions fall in between the extremes. As you said some don't feel the need to participate. Or just because some people are more passionate about aspects of the show doesn't mean they hate others or see no value in them. There's only so much time for each of us has to devote to fandoms. Frankly that's really disgusting for anyone to say that although I don't visit X regularly they can speak for me. Depending on the structure several forums will skew in completely divergent patterns. It's starting to dawn on me that maybe we're giving ABC too little credit for misunderstanding the data. A very likely scenario is it knows full well the evidence is weak but it's a case to rid itself of TR, whom it always considered a "problem" since his coming out.

Again he'll just have to find an onscreen outlet that will fully support him. I forgot to mention that part of Parade's success was the fact RA, JRB, and AU had full confidence in him so that let the potential theatergoer decide he's worth the price of admission. Could you imagine what would happen if in the first when it didn't sell out-but was at 80% attendance-they alternated him with his understudy? Or removed him in the middle of the run? There were some qualms in some reviewers of his vocals but that was null by the end.

BTW, Remember TR opened the Festival of New American Musicals in May. Lara will close it with a collection of JRB songs.
Old 08-16-2010, 07:30 AM
Extreme Fan

love that pic Bernadette!

happy vacation to you, Marie! you've worked hard, I'm sure you are ready for a nice break!

Gwen- enjoy your rest in the hotel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganymede20 (View Post)
BTW, Remember TR opened the Festival of New American Musicals in May. Lara will close it with a collection of JRB songs.
OK, I'm completely drawing a blank on this... ?
Old 08-16-2010, 12:02 PM
Dedicated Fan

Hi,Guys

Today we went back to the hospital and, fortunately, all is well formed. My daughter is healing nicely we have to go again wound lashing on Thursday.

Quote:
Had a nice day despite the storm. Went to the restaurant and later to go bowling with some people. I had not bowl in two years. It was fun.
I like to go bowling, but I remember once my finger trapped in the bullet to holes, because I could not how to kept it.

Quote:
Ooh, super hot photo of TR. He seems lost in beautiful thoughts again.
I do not know what you think about it, but I love him with the beard too

Gwen, I'm glad your good news and enjoy the hotel!

Quote:
It's nice having a countdown to look forward too. I hope we get rehearsal pics.
We hope to get pictures

What is your opinion about the Glee? In Hungary will have from 28th August

I notice the TR's hooded upper that's the same upper as of George O'Malley

Last edited by Horges; 08-16-2010 at 12:26 PM
Old 08-16-2010, 10:10 PM
Dedicated Fan

Only 6 day and will begin rehearsals

Anyway, some older T.R. & Mark pics, I have not seen yet

Art of Modern Rock

Old 08-17-2010, 03:12 AM
Loyal Fan

Berni, that your daughter is healing nicely. Did she cry through any of the procedures? about having your fingers stuck in the bowling ball. When I first started I just look for the ones with the pretty designs. I didn't know you had to check to see if your fingers fit. Mine were stuck too.

Thanks for the pics at the bookstore. I heard he enjoys reading and I adore the fact he headed to the American history section. I'm a history buff too. Wala wondered if he watched Mad Men and I'm guessing that's a big clue that he does. At the end I enjoy his smile to the paps. He's been rather gracious and cool when they haven't.

Good catch with the gray hoodie. Many actors either bring their own clothes for wardrobe or "borrow" from the set collection.

Quote:
OK, I'm completely drawing a blank on this... ?
The Festival of the New American Musicals opened in May. It's a program to foster creation of original musical theatre in southern CA. TR opened the festivities in support of his vocal coach, Eric Vetro. My friend went on a later date and met EV. Of course, he had to ask about TR and the latter had nothing but sincere praise for him. He mentioned his conscientiousness, drive, and incredible work ethic. He related stories about TR such as advising him to rest his voice because he would practice so long and would get coarse. Ev was the one who mentioned him singing "Somewhere My Love" for Lara's birthday. In interviews I sensed she had a crush on TR but from EV's account is seems the enchantment ran both ways.

Here are some pics with the pornstache:

Despite the overly large mustache his face and hands are quite beautiful.

Quote:
What is your opinion about the Glee? In Hungary will have from 28th August
It's a funny show with excellent singing. Many of the actors have Broadway backgrounds. It generally well acted but the best written character is Kurt Hummel. I do like the lead female character, Rachel, and the portrayer, Lea Michelle. Here she is with TR:

A few cute tweets:

xGreySpark:
Quote:
I like cute guys, like T.R. Knight. Not hot guys like Taylor Lautner.
quoting KH:

iloveKATIEHEIGL:
Quote:
"We joke about making out in front of the paparazzi," Heigl says with a laugh. "The rumors we would start …" about kissing T.R. Knight. <3
elenaisawesome:
Quote:
george o'malley, you are a stand-up gentleman. why do you have to die? t.r. knight, get back to my television now please
Here's my little rumination of the day. It's basically a tale about keeping patience, especially in anticipation for ALiT. I was corresponding with a friend who told me he missed the PD of the 1980s. He could relate to his geekiness and him being an outsider. He was far more George than McDreamy. It also made me remember that I was laughed at by the cool girls, amongst other things, because I thought he was cute. If you were aiming for high status in school who drooled over Tom Cruise, Patrick Swayze, Rob Lowe, and Don Johnson. If anyone told any of us PD would be the main heartthrob of one TV's most popular shows of the past decade they'd probably say you were on crack.

Last night was an incredible episode of True Blood where most of the audience reached consensus that they loved the character of Russell Edgington. He was compared to the Joker in the pantheon of villains. Petitions are being circulated not to kill him and to keep him on the show indefinitely. Every episode raised his level of derangement and his endearment to the audience. In the discussions about whether height made a man seem more masculine the actor, Denis O' Hare's modest 5' 8" stature was rarely mentioned. That's the same height as TR. The funny thing is his stock in trade characters were often ordinary men many of whom were unlucky in love. DO played both unsuccessful gay and straight men. It was nice to see people embrace him as a powerful, virile man they feared to cross. Maybe TR's image breaking role is just around the corner.
Old 08-17-2010, 06:28 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
The Festival of the New American Musicals opened in May. It's a program to foster creation of original musical theatre in southern CA. TR opened the festivities in support of his vocal coach, Eric Vetro. My friend went on a later date and met EV. Of course, he had to ask about TR and the latter had nothing but sincere praise for him. He mentioned his conscientiousness, drive, and incredible work ethic. He related stories about TR such as advising him to rest his voice because he would practice so long and would get coarse.
Ah, yes! Thank you for the reminder here...

Quote:
Ev was the one who mentioned him singing "Somewhere My Love" for Lara's birthday. In interviews I sensed she had a crush on TR but from EV's account is seems the enchantment ran both ways.

Seriously, some of those Parade rehearsal pics showed this... they looked so in enamored with each other... I can believe it ran both ways
that is seriously sweet

So, Lara is closing the The Festival of the New American Musical with performing some of JRB's works? Do you know when that is? I should like to see that!

Quote:
Here's my little rumination of the day. It's basically a tale about keeping patience, especially in anticipation for ALiT. I was corresponding with a friend who told me he missed the PD of the 1980s. He could relate to his geekiness and him being an outsider. He was far more George than McDreamy. It also made me remember that I was laughed at by the cool girls, amongst other things, because I thought he was cute. If you were aiming for high status in school who drooled over Tom Cruise, Patrick Swayze, Rob Lowe, and Don Johnson. If anyone told any of us PD would be the main heartthrob of one TV's most popular shows of the past decade they'd probably say you were on crack.
Oh, Gwen... I seriously never had a thing for Tom Cruise, Patrick Swayze, Rob Lowe, and Don Johnson-- at all. As a teen, my room was decorated with dozens of pin-ups of my little star crushes-- here's who might have been found on my wall: Sean Astin (loved, loved, loved him- prob my fave and I saw Goonies about 150 times-- at least! ), Corey Haim, Kirk Cameron, Jack Wagner, Ralph Macchio...... we'll see if I remember more And in terms of Star Wars... I loved Luke the most, while so many loved Han Solo (although, Harrison Ford became attractive to me when he was older, actually). Anyway, I must laugh b/c these were not the typical heartthrobs

Thank you for those tweets.... they make my heart sing!
All those tweets were stellar, but this one especially makes me :
from iloveKATIEHEIGL:
Quote:
"We joke about making out in front of the paparazzi," Heigl says with a laugh. "The rumors we would start …" about kissing T.R. Knight. <3

Thanks!