Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-01-2012, 05:45 AM
Loyal Fan

Hey, Marie. How was vacation?

Have you heard about Mad Men? Jessica Pare is playing Don Draper's (Jon Hamm) second wife who's French-Canadian. Every other episode she's speaking French to her mom. She even sang to Don "Zou Bisou Bisou" and we got to meet her parents in the last episode. The mom's name is Marie and is played by Julia Ormond. Half of their dialogue is in French and subtitled for us. It's quite interesting.

Quote:
Any news about TR coming to Toronto?
No, not yet. In fact, I'm wondering what impact the filming will have on the play. It seems he has a supporting but pivotal role maybe like Jonah Hill in Moneyball. His role is tied up more with Branch Rickey (HF) and the Dodgers so I think he will film mostly in Atlanta. He may not be shooting on Day 1. I wonder if it will cut into rehearsals or not.
Old 05-01-2012, 03:16 PM
Dedicated Fan

Gwen, Marie, you're very very welcome guys !

Marie, good to see you here again!

I'm sure you ' ll love my albums. I wish those picture showed that he is with them

Quote:
First, thanks so much for access to your PB account. His nephews are talented and adorable. They're very musically oriented. I'm curious about Rosie too. It's so sweet that he's close to them. I wonder if those stuffed animals in his dressing room were for them.
I thought I wouldn't publish this here,because I want to respect their right to privacy .Me too, I would be curious about Rosie.
How many years? BTW, Rose is his mother middle name, it's a variant for his daughter's name, "Rosie".

In last photo Benjamin's face reminds me of TR's when he was on Ellen show.

http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/...7/Kids/BL2.jpg

Quote:
However, Vanessa said the boys are Benjamin, Alexander, and Christopher but one is labeled Brandon.
Are you thinking of that photo where Brandon is with his sons, where Alexander is sitting his father's lap ?http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/...936_5189_n.jpg

Quote:
Although I hope the show is on cable rather than the networks.
what's the difference between cable or network really?

Quote:
I wonder if those stuffed animals in his dressing room were for them.
I wonder who they are in those photos on his wall.

I found a great memoir :

Quote:
How It All Started, Leo Durocher was wearing blue silk pajamas and a golden yellow bathrobe as he stood in the kitchen of the army barracks at fort Gulick in the Panama Canal Zone. It was the middle of the night in late March 1947. Durocher, the manager of the Brooklyn Dodgers, a team on the threshold of making history with the promotion of a Negro, Jackie Robinson, from its Montreal farm club to Brooklyn, had called his players together to put down an insurrection. Harold Parrott had gotten word from handsome right-handed pitcher Kirby Higbe that a petition was being circulated by several of the Brooklyn players. Dixie Walker, Eddie Stanky, Hugh Casey, and Bobby Bragan-southerners all-were said to be leading a protest against Robinson's promotion to the major league team. Walker, the oldest player on the team at thirty-six, had been with the Dodgers since 1939 and was the most popular player on the team. Known for his special clutch hitting (he had a .340 average against the hated Giants), he was called the People's Choice, or Peepul's Cherce, as it was often written in Brooklyn. He was said to be the leader of the protest against Robinson. "I was supposed to have organized a meeting of some of the players to boycott Robinson," he told the New York Times sportswriter Ira Berkow in 1981, some six months before his death. "When it was announced that Robinson would be joining the Dodgers, the team was playing an exhibition game in Panama. I was in Miami, meeting my family. We then took a boat to Havana where the Dodger training camp was that year. I met the team plane when it flew in from Panama. I heard a good deal of talk about Robinson. But I didn't know a thing about any insurrection, as it was later called. But I got a message that Mr. [Branch] Rickey wanted to see me. I went to the Hotel Nacional in Havana the next day and I sat down with Mr. Rickey in that room." From that meeting and from a letter Walker later sent Rickey asking to be traded, Walker was identified as the center of the storm that followed Robinson's arrival in Brooklyn. Seven years before the historic Brown versus Board of Education ruling banned school segregation; a dozen years before the last major league team (the Boston Red Sox) was integrated in 1959; seventeen years before passage of the 1964 Civil Rights Act; and more than sixty years before an African Ameri can would be taken seriously as a presidential candidate, a young black man was added to a major league roster. And Dixie Walker would be labeled a racist. It kept him from being considered for baseball's Hall of fame. Like Cap Anson before him, it identified him as a bigot, the leader of baseball's anti black movement of the 1940s, and it damaged his family and friends.When Durocher gathered his players together on that 1947 night, he had been the manager of the Dodgers since 1939. According to Durocher's 1975 autobiography, <i>Nice Guys Finish Last, written with ed Linn, he called all the players, including Dixie Walker, together for a historic meeting. Jackie Robinson was coming to the Dodgers. Durocher was all for it. Anyone who wouldn't accept the Negro as a teammate would be traded. "I hear some of you players don't want to play with Robinson and you have a petition drawn up that you are going to sign," Durocher wrote. "Well, you know what you can do with that petition. You can wipe your ass with it. Mr. Rickey is on his way down here and all you have to do is tell him about it. I'm sure he'll be happy to make other arrangements for you." Durocher's story continues in a spirited vein. "I hear Dixie Walker is going to send Mr. Rickey a letter asking to be traded. Just hand him the letter, Dixie, and you're gone. Gone. If this fellow is good enough to play on this ball club-and from what I've seen and heard he is-he is going to play on this ball club and he is going to play for me." Durocher died in 1991 and was inducted into baseball's Hall of fame at Cooperstown in 1994, with his wife, Laraine Day, a former actress, on hand to accept the honor. He was suspended for a year by the baseball commissioner Albert (Happy) Chandler because of alleged immoral conduct on April 9, 1947. He was accused of a gambling involvement with actor George Raft and of violating church rules by marrying the actress. He was accused of associating with what were described as "shady characters," mostly based on complaints of the man who had once hired him, Larry MacPhail, who was running the Yankees in 1947. Robinson was officially promoted to the Dodgers on April 10, 1947. Dixie Walker, born in Villa Rica, Georgia and raised in Birmingham, Alabama, was never seriously considered for the Hall of fame despite a lifetime .306 average over eighteen seasons. He was married to the same woman, the former Estelle Shea, for forty-six years. They raised six children together. He spent fifty-two years in baseball as a player, coach, manager, scout, and batting instructor. In 1981 Walker told sportswriter Berkow about his heated meeting with Branch Rickey in Rickey's office at the Havana spring headquarters of the Brooklyn Dodgers. "He really reamed me out. I was so mad at him accusing me of being a ringleader that a few days later I wrote him this letter requesting to be traded. But I did not mention Jackie Robinson's name," Walker said. The letter was written on a piece of plain yellow paper. It was handwritten by Walker and addressed to Rickey, the president of the Dodgers, at his Brooklyn office at 215 Montague Street. Walker made two copies of the letter. He delivered one copy to Harold Parrott, the traveling secretary, and asked him to deliver it personally to Rickey when he returned to Brooklyn. He kept the second copy. Walker wrote the date on the right-hand top of the letter in a firm hand. March the 26th, 1947 Dear Mr. Rickey. Recently the thought has occurred to me that a change of ball clubs would benefit both the Brooklyn ball club and myself. Therefore I would like to be traded as soon as a deal could be arranged. My association with you, the people of Brooklyn (this was the People's Choice as author), the press and radio has been very pleasant, and one I can truthfully say I am sorry has to end. For reasons I don't care to go into, I feel my decision is best for all concerned. Very truly yours, Dixie Walker. "When Mr. Rickey got back to Brooklyn and saw the letter he did his dead level best to say that my opposition to Robinson was the reason I wanted to be traded," Walker told Berkow in that 1981 interview. "Well, I had been with the club for nine years and I resented being the scapegoat." Walker was traded to Pittsburgh on December 8, 1947, after Robinson had a Rookie of the Year season at age twenty-eight, after the Dodgers won the National League pennant, then lost a bitter seven game World Series to the Yankees, and after Walker passed his thirty-seventh birthday. "He wasn't traded over the Robinson thing or the letter or any damn petition," says Ralph Branca, eighty-two, born and raised in Mount Vernon, New York, one of five surviving members of the 1947 Brooklyn Dodgers. "He was traded for the same reasons Rickey traded anybody. He thought he could make the club better and he didn't want to pay a thirty-seven-year-old guy more money." Branca was twenty-one years old that season of 1947, in his fourth year as a member of the Brooklyn Dodgers and a twenty-one-game winner, the youngest pitcher to win more than twenty games since Hall of Famer Bob feller won twenty-four games in 1939 at the age of twenty for the Cleveland Indians. Walker was traded to the Pirates along with pitchers Hal Gregg and Vic Lombardi for pitcher Preacher Roe, third baseman Billy Cox, and utility man Gene Mauch. Roe and Cox would go on to be vital players in the surge of the Dodgers over the next decade. Mauch would go on to a brilliant managerial career. "I was there, I never heard of any petition," recalls Branca. "Sure there was a lot of talk about Jackie. Why not? This was a revolutionary move for baseball. The southerners on the team, Dixie, Stanky, Bragan, Casey, and some other guys, Furillo, maybe, Lavagetto, maybe, talked about it among themselves. Nobody talked to me about it. I was a young pitcher working to get better and make a living." Branca's twenty-one wins at the age of twenty-one for the Brooklyn Dodgers that year and an opening game start in the World Series against the Yankees were the memorable parts of his season. "I remember that season more for the year I had than for Jackie. Jackie took care of himself. I'm not saying Dixie was a pal of Jackie's but he probably didn't treat him any differently than a lot of other guys on the team did," Branca says. Bobby Bragan, a native of Birmingham, Alabama, and longtime Texas resident, runs a charity in fort Worth, Texas, for underprivileged children. He is ninety-one years old. He was the regular shortstop on the Philadelphia Phillies for three seasons before being traded to Brooklyn in 1943 where he played as a backup infielder and catcher into 1948. "Sure I was against Jackie joining the club. I was from the South. That was my background. There was some talk of a petition but I never saw anything like that," he says. After the Dodgers returned to Havana and after the Durocher meeting in the barracks, Bragan was called in to Rickey's room at the Nacional Hotel in Havana. "Dixie was there in the room," Bragan says. "I remember that. Mr. Rickey was all over him. Heck, Dixie was the leader of the team, the senior man, he had a lot of influence on that club. Dixie's face just got red as Mr. Rickey went on and on about giving Jackie a chance. Maybe Dixie said a few words. I can't remember. But it wasn't many. This was Mr. Rickey's show. I don't think Furillo said a word. He just looked stunned. It was Dixie, me, Stanky, and Furillo in that room with Mr. Rickey. I don't know if he called any others in at any other time." Bragan said, "When Mr. Rickey finished he asked all four of us, one at a time, if we would play any differently if Jackie was on the club. We all answered we would not. Then he asked us if we wanted to be traded. I said I did. That's just the way I felt. Dixie said he did. Stanky just put his head down. Furillo didn't say a word. He was just a kid then. I don't even know why he was there," Bragan says. Bragan died in January 2010. Clyde King is eighty-three years old, still living in his hometown of Goldsboro, North Carolina; he has three daughters and eight grandchildren. He is a consultant with the New York Yankees, an instructor in the team's spring training headquarters at Tampa each March, and a longtime pal of Yankees boss George M. Steinbrenner. He has received a baseball check from his employers for sixty-five years, one of the longest salaried figures in the game's history. "I was a kid pitcher still trying to make my way in the big leagues in 1947," King says. "I don't recall any petition in Havana where we trained. I looked up to Dixie Walker as a veteran player, a kind and gentle man and someone we all admired." King said about a dozen years later he managed a minor league team playing an exhibition in Havana. The new leader of the country, Fidel Castro, was scheduled to throw out the first ball. "He came up to me and said, 'Do you know who I am?' I said, 'Of course, you are the leader of Cuba.' Then Castro looked at me and said, 'I pitched against you in 1947.' I didn't remember that. Maybe if he had pitched better I would have remembered him and he would have signed with the Dodgers. Then we wouldn't have had all that trouble with Cuba." King says all he could remember about Robinson and Walker that spring was Rickey asking him if he would play the same, as a southerner, if Robinson was on the team. "I think Mr. Rickey asked everybody that. I told him I certainly would. I just wanted to be a big league pitcher. We went back for the season and after the second or third week, my wife, Norma, was inside the fence at Ebbets field with the other wives waiting for us all to come out of the clubhouse. Jackie's wife, Rachel, was outside the fence, with her baby, all by herself. Norma just told her to walk a few feet down the gate and come inside with the other wives to wait for Jackie. She did. There it was, just a little southern girl taking care of the new black girl." He remembers how much of a financial struggle it was in 1947 as a big league ball player. He made thirty-five hundred dollars in that rookie season and never made over twelve thousand dollars in his seven-year major league pitching career. "Alex Rodriguez makes more in one at bat than I made in my entire professional career," says King. The Yankees pay A-Rod $25.2 million a year in his ten-year contract signed before the 2008 season. In 2009 he was identified as one of 104 big leaguers who failed steroid drug testing in 2003. He was with the Texas Rangers then. He later admitted he used steroids from 2001 through 2003. <p> Gene Hermanski is eighty-eight years old, a ten-year resident of Homosassa, Florida, after a lifetime in his native New Jersey. He played with the Brooklyn Dodgers in 1943, joined the Coast Guard, then returned to Brooklyn in 1947. He was fighting for a job in 1947. "I had played against a lot of black players when I was in the Coast Guard playing on a navy team and during the time I played on a semiprofessional team in Brooklyn called the Bushwicks. I had to use a different name, Gene Walsh, because I was already with Brooklyn and I was playing for a navy team out of Floyd Bennett field in Brooklyn. I played against Satchel Paige, Josh Gibson, Buck O'Neil, all of the Negro League stars." Hermanski says he knew making the ball club in 1947 would be a tough chore with all the World War II vets back now and the talented youngsters, including Robinson, knocking on the big league doors. "That's all I thought about that spring, making an impression, making the club. Dixie helped me with my batting and fielding. He was always kind and helpful to me," Hermanski remembers. What about the petition? "There was talk, you know clubhouse gossip, about what some guys would do if Jackie came to the team. I didn't take it very seriously. It was mostly the southern players, Dixie, of course, as a veteran and Bragan, Hugh Casey, Kirby Higbe. I didn't pay much attention to it. I paid more attention to hitting the ball in spring training so I could win a job." After Robinson did join the Dodgers it would be Hermanski who came up with one of the funniest lines that helped break the building tension around the team concerning Robinson's arrival. "It was in Cincinnati, a few weeks into the season and the rumors were flying, this time about guys threatening to shoot Jackie if he walked on the field. We actually had cops in the clubhouse and everybody was told about it," says Hermanski. As a police officer warned the Dodgers about the possible plot, Hermanski stood up and told his teammates, "Let's all go out there wearing number 42 [Robinson's Brooklyn uniform number] and then the guy won't be able to tell us apart. He won't know who to shoot." As he looks back sixty years or more on that spring training in Havana, Hermanski now says, "If any petition existed I didn't know about it. Nobody ever came to ask me to sign anything. I'm sure if they did come to me, they knew I wouldn't sign something like that." Hermanski recently looked at the starting lineup for that historic April 15, 1947, when Jackie Robinson's name was first included in a big league game. "I'm the only one still alive," he says. "That must mean something Duke Snider, eighty-two, a 1947 rookie that April opening day in 1947 and inducted into the Hall of fame in 1980, never got off the bench on that significant day Robinson played at Ebbets field for the first time. "That's what I remember about the day, not Jackie playing, but me not playing. When you are a kid trying to make it that is the only thing you think about when a game lineup is posted. Am I in there? I wasn't so that made me mad," he says. Snider does remember something about a petition late in spring training. "I think it was Hugh Casey [the famed Brooklyn relief pitcher] who came up to me in the clubhouse one day late in the spring and told me to sign this little piece of paper he had in his hand," Snider says. "I don't even think he said it was a petition. It was just a sheet of yellow paper. I just got up and walked away. 'I'm not signing anything like that.' That was it," Snider says. Snider grew up in Los Angeles near the campus of the University of California at Los Angeles. "everybody around my area knew who Jackie Robinson was. He had been a great star at Pasadena Junior (now City) College and then he went on to UCLA. I was out on the field there one day and here comes Jackie Robinson. A bunch of us kids recognized him and walked with him. He was playing in a UCLA baseball game and wearing baseball spikes and he was walking across the field to the track and field area. We walked with him, sat down along the edge of the track and watched him broad jump. He won the broad jump for UCLA and then he just got up and walked back to the baseball game. I think he won that for UCLA, too."(Continues...)copyright notice Excerpted from Dixie Walker of the DodgersMaury Allen Susan Walker Copyright © 2010 by The University of Alabama Press. Excerpted by permission. All rights reserved. No part of this excerpt may be reproduced or reprinted without permission in writing from the publisher.Excerpts are provided by Dial-A-Book Inc. solely for the personal use of visitors to this web site.

Quote:
When the Dodgers invited him to their Havana, Cuba, spring camp in 1947, he hustled as hard as he could to catch Durocher’s eye and assure assignment to, at least, a Class AAA team. Briefly, however, another impression was gained.Harold Parrott, then the club’s traveling secretary, walked up to Duke in the lobby of the luxurious Hotel Nacional de Cuba to protest, “What’ve you been ordering. in the dining room — pressed duck under pheasant?”
The rookie was puzzled. “Nope. Just shrimp cocktail, a few vegetables and steak. Why?”
Parrott displayed Snider’s food bill for the first seven days: $150. “There used to be a guy in this league named Shanty Hogan,” went on the secretary, “who ate a six-pound roast and drank ten bottles of beer at one sitting. Keep on like this and you’re going to make baseball forget Hogan.”
Like any busher on trial, Duke had figured he might as well take advantage of the free-loading system, while he was still around the Dodgers, and he insists now, grinning, that he never ordered more than “a couple of filets at $8 apiece” at any one sitting.

A young Harold Parrott

Perhaps his eyes and his hair reminds of TR.

Quote:
It seems he has a supporting but pivotal role maybe like Jonah Hill in Moneyball.
Maybe this cases, this character will be important to the current storyline .
I think, TR's character certainly doesn't get too much change.

Baseball's Pivotal Era, 1945-1951 - William Marshall - Google Könyvek

Quote:
in The Lords of Baseball that Harold Parrott said O'Malley almost fired ..
The Milwaukee Sentinel - Google News Archive Search
What a coincidence.

@ KevinM_Kennedy
Quote:
@KatieHeigl saw TR Knight out at brunch today in Portland.Tell him "hi" for me?
Aww,Portland .Come on Angie, great opportunity to meet with TR !!!
Leverage is shot and set in Portland, Oregon.
I wish TR was on twitter!

Last edited by Horges; 05-02-2012 at 01:42 AM
Old 05-02-2012, 01:45 AM
Dedicated Fan

A guy makes huge effort to protect our TR. ....from TR's Imdb.

by valmont325
Quote:
Wow, i am not sure why the lies are being posted but none of this is true. He is not waiting tables, and if he was, so what? I actually saw him Sunday with his friends and he seems fine. I know he has a film in the works, and he has been doing Broadway and guest spots on TV since departing with Greys. He is a great guy, so support him or leave the board.Money still comes in. A bit of it actually. Dvd sales, reruns from greys and his other works. And his brief work on Broadway actually payed enough to say he "Made a living" in the et business since grey's. I am not going to argue it, your open to believe and think whatever. I am just telling you the facts.1...he has a place in the city & in a Rural location. And 2 if you are referring to his mouthing off as the incident with greys, you should know he did nothing wrong. He stood up for his rights and what he believed in. When his personal life is dragged into his work life by fellow "Co workers" he has every right to speak up.You know he left the show...not got fired. So it was his choice. Before meeting him i didnt know he was gay, until i saw him with his partner. So gay is not all he has going for him, Trust me he is a very interesting guy and sexual preference has nothing to do with how interesting he is.

Ok well we obviously believe 2 different stories but either way, i hope the best for him and know he will do great things.
Hmm, maybe you should talk to him and ask him for some information .

Quote:
.he has a place in the city & in a Rural location.
What is Rural location? Maybe Brooklyn's most picturesque neighborhood ?

Last edited by Horges; 05-02-2012 at 09:43 PM
Old 05-03-2012, 07:41 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Perhaps his eyes and his hair reminds of TR.
I'd say Harold and TR have similar nose and hair. I just can't wait for TR to get a chance to play a man having to make difficult decisions in that climate of ignorance and hatred. He's setting up housing for when the players are at away games and he has to consider safety for Jackie Robinson and for the team.

Quote:
I thought I wouldn't publish this here,because I want to respect their right to privacy .Me too, I would be curious about Rosie.
How many years? BTW, Rose is his mother middle name, it's a variant for his daughter's name, "Rosie".
Thank you for being considerate. I didn't know rose was Shirley's middle name.

Quote:
Are you thinking of that photo where Brandon is with his sons, where Alexander is sitting his father's lap ?http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/...936_5189_n.jpg
I forgot Brandon is Melissa's husband and not any one of her kids.

Quote:
what's the difference between cable or network really?
Network TV is free of charge and there are only five official ones-ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, and CW. The seasons are longer and the episodes are 22-24 installments. Networks require a large viewership with a sizable demo in the 18-49 range so the storytelling is uncreative to appeal to the widest possible audience. The casting relies heavily on looks above talent. You'll see some of the worst acting here.

Cable is split into "basic" and "premium." The first comes in a starter package that includes 100 stations some of which provide original programming (AMC, TNT, FX). The second necessitates you pay an additional fee to subscribe to the main channel (HBO, Showtime, and Starz) and its affiliates. Both have more freedom in broadcasting profanity, nudity, graphic sexual situations, violence, and certain subject matters. The first two are banned on network TV. Above all the content in the series is much more substantial and compelling and as such the actors are chosen on their talents over appearances.

Here are just a few examples. Monk was aired on the USA Network on basic cable. The show was rejected by all the networks and those that were interested wanted a younger leading man and a sexier female sidekick so they would couple later. The cable station allowed for the creator's original vision. The showrunner for The Killing went to the stations because the network wanted her to cast a 22 year-old for the heroine who was a seasoned homicide detective with an 8 year-old son. ABC was interested in Mad Men but not with Jon Hamm as the lead. McPherson wanted a younger man who would appeal to young adult females. Jon is a handsome man but not by network TV standards.

Also cable TV has shorter seasons with usually 12 episodes so actors are more available for outside projects.

I would rather TR get a cable series where it's more likely to be quality material and he can get an Emmy nod rather than a network show where a repeat of the GA fiasco is likely to repeat.

Quote:
What is Rural location? Maybe Brooklyn's most picturesque neighborhood ?
Rural means the countryside. Remember that antiques flea market he keeps going to in upstate NY. That's probably the location of his other home as it would be difficult to lug furniture back to Brooklyn. Yes, you have to be fairly wealthy at the minimum to own property there.

It's nice to hear someone defending TR. On imdb it's a breeding ground for haters and I don't have enough time.

Quote:
Aww,Portland .Come on Angie, great opportunity to meet with TR !!!
Leverage is shot and set in Portland, Oregon.
I wish TR was on twitter!
There are two famous places in the US with the name Portland. One is in OR and the other is in ME. Do we know which one?
Old 05-04-2012, 04:14 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
There are two famous places in the US with the name Portland. One is in OR and the other is in ME. Do we know which one?
Yeah, this is definitely is in Oregon where Angie lives.

https://twitter.com/#!/KevinM_Kennedy

Quote:
I just can't wait for TR to get a chance to play a man having to make difficult decisions in that climate of ignorance and hatred. He's setting up housing for when the players are at away games and he has to consider safety for Jackie Robinson and for the team.
I think it will be a great job, again....Wonder how TR feels now, knowing that got a chance to work with Harrison Ford and the others. Of course we're so proud of him.

Quote:
I would rather TR get a cable series where it's more likely to be quality material and he can get an Emmy nod rather than a network show where a repeat of the GA fiasco is likely to repeat.
Okay, I Understand. Now we just need to wait until one of the news portal officially releases it.

Wow, thanks,Gwen, I think, I've got the satisfactory answer .
Are you serious? Aww, Monk.... I read that, the series that experts say started the resurgence of original programming on cable garnered seven best comedy actor Emmy nominations (and three wins) for Tony Shalhoub in the title role throughout the run.
Tony Shalhoub is one of those actors who can really get into the character and pull out all of the nuances of the personality.

Quote:
Rural means the countryside. Remember that antiques flea market he keeps going to in upstate NY. That's probably the location of his other home as it would be difficult to lug furniture back to Brooklyn. Yes, you have to be fairly wealthy at the minimum to own property there.
Thanks for the info .... again . Now it's funny again because Paul (valmont325 from IMDb) is a sales associate of Hillsdale General Store which deal predominantly with the antiques trade includes (antiques , antiques furniture and accessories .retro collections).

here's their homepage :
Hillsdale General Store

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hills...0517?sk=photos

I have a strong belief that rural location Hillsdale will be. Hillsdale is a rural town in Columbia Country,NY .It is approximately 2 hours north of New York City
I bet he knows TR from there. And as you said Gwen,it would be difficult to lug furniture back to Brooklyn. Again , coincidence ? Hmmm.

Here it is:
Quote:
It's nice to hear someone defending TR. On imdb it's a breeding ground for haters and I don't have enough time.
I actually spoke to Paul on FB and he did reply me back twice.. https://www.facebook.com/PaulAmash

Here it is:
Quote:
Quote:
Hi there Berni thanks for tracking me down. Out of respect for T.R. & Patrick i would rather not say where exactly i know him from and where he lives exactly but i will be happy to tell you some stuff. First i will tell you that he is very modest and is very kind to his fans. He was so kind when i first met him, he seemed almost shocked that i knew who he was, and he introduced himself properly and shook my hand. Then when i saw him for the second time i called him "Mr. Knight" but he kindly said.."No , call me T.R." so when i see him he calls me out by my name and , last week i saw him and he introduced me to his friends, great guys, all laughing and having a nice time. I should also add, patrick seems to be a very sweet guy and very kind as well, and i love the 2 of them together. Well thats all i got for you right now,lol I hope i can answer anything else for you.

Have a good one.
Aww, so good to hear that Patrick is also an engaging personality. Definitely they fit together . I love reading his story it was very sweet.

Quote:
Your so welcome. I was looking at all the links you included in your previous message. I love all the fan photos. I was thinking i should ask for a photo with him but i dont want to be "That guy" and make him feel odd. Even though i doubt he would mind. He has a very boyish kind of charm about him where its almost to adorable. I also should add that i spoke with him about the infamous Greys thing and one would think he would be bitter but i can honestly tell you that he isnt. He doesnt seem to regret his choice but he does say it's to bad it had to come to that. Now i just hope the next time i speak with him he brings Kathrine Heigl with him since they are BF's off screen as well.

I love, he always speaks with great humility.... I am sure if he read all of this, he would blush so hard.

Quote:
Now i just hope the next time i speak with him he brings Kathrine Heigl with him since they are BF's off screen as well.
It would be great. I'm glad that Katie is still part of any plan.

So we can communicate with Paul. It's always good to keep in touch who knows TR.

Well, He's also a super nice guy , so if you have any questions , just send him a message (he added me on facebook. ) or put it here /TR-land.

just found on tumblr.:

Death on Two Legs

Quote:
John C. McGinley Joins the Cast of 42

John C. McGinley has joined the cast of 42 for Legendary Pictures and writer-director Brian Helgeland.

The project is a biopic centering on Jackie Robinson (Chadwick Boseman), who became the first African-American to play major league baseball when he signed with the Brooklyn Dodgers in 1947. John C. McGinley will portray Red Barber, the famous radio broadcaster for the Dodgers. Harrison Ford, Christopher Meloni, Jon Bernthal, Ryan Merriman, Brad Beyer, and T.R. Knight also star.

Brian Helgeland is directing from his own screenplay. Jackie Robinson's widow, Rachel Robinson was also involved in the development process, to ensure the story was accurate.

Production is scheduled to begin later this month, with shooting to take place in Chattanooga, Tennesse, and Atlanta. It is said John C. McGinley will be pulling double duty, shooting this film and a role on the USA Network series Burn Notice at the same time.

42 comes to theaters April 12th, 2013 and stars Chadwick Boseman, Harrison Ford, Christopher Meloni, Jon Bernthal, Ryan Merriman, Brad Beyer, T.R. Knight, John C. McGinley. The film is directed by Brian Helgeland.
Aww yay, I loved him in Scrubs.

Last edited by Horges; 05-04-2012 at 10:42 PM
Old 05-05-2012, 11:15 PM
Dedicated Fan

Paul wrote to me again.

Quote:
Spoke with him today actually, Asked him about the new Film.
It hasnt started yet but he went on a trip to visit the person whom he will be playing in the movie, and he told me all about it.So i told him Good luck, and all of his fans are routing for him to sucede and we all wish him good luck and cant wait to see!He was sincerley touched.So great. On a side note, i do not know Katherine personaly, i wish! And i'll ask him about the dogs next time.
It seems TR is back in New York .Well,we now know why he went to Portland. I asked Paul, be so kind as to ask TR whether what's up with Arrow & Dingan.

Quote:
all of his fans are routing for him to sucede
I don't understand this sentence, maybe the problem is with me, or he misspelled it. Whether the correct word here "succeed" would be ? This: ("all of his fans are routing for him to succeed .")

Aww, It's cool if he knows his fans will always support him

Tumblr:

I love you. Everything about you.

Last edited by Horges; 05-06-2012 at 01:51 AM
Old 05-06-2012, 04:49 AM
Loyal Fan

Thanks so much for the correspondence with Paul. We have a better insight into TR.

Quote:
Thanks for the info .... again . Now it's funny again because Paul (valmont325 from IMDb) is a sales associate of Hillsdale General Store which deal predominantly with the antiques trade includes (antiques , antiques furniture and accessories .retro collections).

here's their homepage :
Hillsdale General Store

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hills...0517?sk=photos

I have a strong belief that rural location Hillsdale will be. Hillsdale is a rural town in Columbia Country,NY .It is approximately 2 hours north of New York City
I bet he knows TR from there. And as you said Gwen,it would be difficult to lug furniture back to Brooklyn. Again , coincidence ? Hmmm.
That's probably where he lives. The antiques flea market is in Rhinebeck, NY is that nearby. The fact Paul has met Patrick probably means he lives there too and that's a good sign.

Quote:
Aww yay, I loved him in Scrubs.
I adore John McGinley too and am happy he'll be working with such a talented cast.

Quote:
Yeah, this is definitely is in Oregon where Angie lives.
I hope Angie had a chance to see him. Sometimes I also wonder if maybe he's consulting with the Leverage producers as well.

Quote:
Aww, so good to hear that Patrick is also an engaging personality. Definitely they fit together . I love reading his story it was very sweet.
It's nice to hear Patrick is kind and grounded. TR has had a tumultuous romantic life and I was hoping he can settle down quietly.

Quote:
It seems TR is back in New York .Well,we now know why he went to Portland. I asked Paul, be so kind as to ask TR whether what's up with Arrow & Dingan ?
Harold Parrott is still alive. I'm happy not only for him but TR can have firsthand accounts. I hope their meeting went well.

Quote:
I don't understand this sentence, maybe the problem is with me, or he misspelled it. Whether the correct word here "succeed" would be ? This: ("all of his fans are routing for him to succeed .")
It's a misspelling of "rooting for him to succeed."

Quote:
Wow, thanks,Gwen, I think, I've got the satisfactory answer .
Are you serious? Aww, Monk.... I read that, the series that experts say started the resurgence of original programming on cable garnered seven best comedy actor Emmy nominations (and three wins) for Tony Shalhoub in the title role throughout the run.
Tony Shalhoub is one of those actors who can really get into the character and pull out all of the nuances of the personality.
USA Network is dubbed the "house Monk built." That's show's success paved the way for that channel to create more original programming, many of which are some of the highest rated on basic cable. At its height Burn Notice had numbers on par with GA's 8 million.

Yes, I can't imagine Monk without Tony Shalhoub either. The creator was right to make him an older man rather than a young adult. Powers of observation actually grow with age and experience. Also Sharona was a wonderful sidekick and Bitty Schram played well against Tony. It didn't bother me at all they didn't have sexual tension. They did have love and Adrian wouldn't function as well without Sharona.

On a network obsessed with the young demo and by extension the tween/teen it's imperative to have a youthful appearing conventionally handsome hunk. Tony wouldn't be cast.

Thanks so much for the TR/Lara gifset. I reblogged it.
Old 05-07-2012, 01:28 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Thanks so much for the correspondence with Paul.
Paul, promised that will write to me if he meet him again.

Quote:
I adore John McGinley too and am happy he'll be working with such a talented cast.
I know he has a son, Max, who has Down's Syndrome. He's a wonderful daddy.

Quote:
It's nice to hear Patrick is kind and grounded.
Yeah they are good together , hope they have a happy & wonderul life together ..

Quote:
Harold Parrott is still alive.I'm happy not only for him but TR can have firsthand accounts.
No, unfortunately Harold Parrott died on 31st July 1987, however Harold's sons ( Todd, Peter and Brian) still live in Portland,OR.
HAROLD PARROTT - Obituary - NYTimes.com

It's very probable that TR met one of sons or all three sons of the late Harold. It's great, he visited them because he wants to retain HP's credibility .

Quote:
It's a misspelling of "rooting for him to succeed."
Oh, so it is clear. thanks.

Quote:
Also Sharona was a wonderful sidekick and Bitty Schram played well against Tony.
I've seen all of episodes with Sharona who I think yelled at Monk to much and although she was a very brilliant character, I like Natalie more because she has more of an attitude.
Old 05-08-2012, 06:23 AM
Loyal Fan

Thanks, Berni, for opening the communications with Paul and thank him for us.

Quote:
It's very probable that TR met one of sons or all three sons of the late Harold. It's great, he visited them because he wants to retain HP's credibility .
Oh, okay, but that's the next best thing. I'm glad he did his research.

Quote:
Yeah they are good together , hope they have a happy & wonderul life together
I just adore them so much as a couple now. The fact they have a rural retreat is so cute. Who knows maybe they'll want it for kids someday.

Quote:
I've seen all of episodes with Sharona who I think yelled at Monk to much and although she was a very brilliant character, I like Natalie more because she has more of an attitude.
I liked Sharona more and I thought she was funnier.

I found this on twitter and unfortunately I don't understand the conversation as one half of the participant's account is private:

Joe Titley:
Quote:
I said that was fine and went up to the room and found that the other 3 people were Carol Vorderman, TR Knight and Jean-Christophe Novelli.
Joe Titley:
Quote:
@i_shirl I believe so. The only one I like out of those 3 is TR Knight. Who knows what I would have said to Carol if I hadn't woken up!
The date on those was May 7 and I checked his FB account and it says Stafford as the city he hails from but not the state or country.
Old 05-08-2012, 01:32 PM
Dedicated Fan

It seems it was just a dream . LOL

here's the entire conversation in chronological order.
https://twitter.com/#!/Joe_Titley/st...16459062403072
@Joe_Titley
Quote:
I am genuinely concerned about my sanity! Just fell asleep and had the weirdest dream ever!
Joe Titley -
Quote:
I went to Bristol for some reason and I went to book into my hotel.
But when I got there I was told that there had been a problem.
Joe Titley -
Quote:
They had overbooked and I would have to share a room with 3 other people.
@Joe_Titley
Quote:
I said that was fine and went up to the room and found that the other 3 people were Carol Vorderman, TR Knight and Jean-Christophe Novelli.
@Joe_Titley
Quote:
@ i_shirl Haha.I woke up pretty much as soon as I walked into the room!
@Joe_Titley
Quote:
@ pip510 They still had their coats on.They had just arrived as well.If they weren't clothed....in fact I don't want to think about it!!
@helloitsnicola
Quote:
@Joe_Titley CRAZY DREAM MISTER.
@Joe_Titley
Quote:
@ helloitsnicola I know!!!???
@Joe_Titley
Quote:
@ i_shirl I believe so.The only one I like out of those 3 is TR Knight.Who knows what I would have said to Carol if I hadn't woken up!

Tweet:

Quote:
@ emoleechen
Quote:
and...totally walked by TR knight on the street! #greysanatomy
@ emoleechen
Quote:
@mariem201 in the flatiron district.
TR was spotted in NYC.... So, he is still in New York, time is running out as we hope he'll to start filming on Monday.

His expression is awesome ! -- Oh, look at that!

Quote:

30 day challenge Day 1: Favorite male character?

► George O’Malley

It’s just that, I believe in karma. You know, good things happen to good people. At least, I thought that was the way the universe works. I’m not saying that everybody who gets sick, or everybody that dies is bad, I think there is a balance. Or there should be a balance… There should be some sort of balance. That’s all.
Paranoia is a surgeon’s best friend
Old 05-09-2012, 04:28 AM
Loyal Fan

Awww, it was just a dream:

All along I thought it was a sighting and a meeting. Oh well.

It is nice to know he's in NYC.

He doesn't necessarily have to start filming on the first day-May 14. This will commence in Birmingham, AL and could be the part of the Jackie's life before the Dodgers. I imagine Branch Rickey would be important here as we probably saw him in the Negro Leagues. I'm not sure if Harold is important as of yet.

Thanks for the photoset. It captures his eye well.
Old 05-09-2012, 07:24 PM
Part-Time Fan

TR has apparently started work on '42'. I wonder how big a part it will be, especially with a cast this big.

@betsysuefitts

Quote:
Singing the National Anthem in front of Harrison Ford, Christopher Meloni, Chadwick Boseman, T.R. Knight, and a stadium of people-oh my word
Old 05-09-2012, 10:14 PM
Dedicated Fan

Aww, Max.

Thanks, Jassie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessie_monster (View Post)
TR has apparently started work on '42'. I wonder how big a part it will be, especially with a cast this big.
No, TR hasn't started working on this movie. He is still in New York.

@betsysuefitts[/QUOTE]
Quote:
Singing the National Anthem in front of Harrison Ford, Christopher Meloni, Chadwick Boseman, T.R. Knight, and a stadium of people-oh my word
She wrote on twitter , she won a singing contest and she will be singing the National Anthem in front of the cast and crew on the set of '42' in Macon, June .... She was happy to share it. Congratulations to her.

more: https://www.facebook.com/betsy.fitts?sk=wall
Betsy Fitts singing the National Anthem!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...8&notif_t=like

Quote:
He doesn't necessarily have to start filming on the first day-May 14. This will commence in Birmingham, AL and could be the part of the Jackie's life before the Dodgers. I imagine Branch Rickey would be important here as we probably saw him in the Negro Leagues. I'm not sure if Harold is important as of yet.

Oh, it's okay.I think it will be a scene where Harold entered into Rickey's room. Aww, I'm so excited and i just can't hide it.

Just found it:

http://www.beinthemovie42.com/

Last edited by Horges; 05-10-2012 at 03:08 AM
Old 05-11-2012, 04:42 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
She wrote on twitter , she won a singing contest and she will be singing the National Anthem in front of the cast and crew on the set of '42' in Macon, June .... She was happy to share it. Congratulations to her.
That's exactly what I thought. TR would film in GA since the producers said it will double for Brooklyn. I'm happy for her and hope she does well.

Thanks for the info on the extras. LOL. Macon filled up fast. I wonder if TR is shooting in Chatanooga?
Old 05-13-2012, 10:09 PM
Dedicated Fan

Hey, Gwen !

Paul told me, he couldn't meet him on weekend because TR flew to Birmingham on Saturday night.

@ linds_bryant
Quote:
I JUST SAW T. R. KNIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't know where TR was spotted, but @linds_bryant's followers are from Birmingham, Alabama.

Today (Monday) will be filming in a hotel ( the Tutwiler Hotel), as I read well.
Well, Harold Parrott key scene takes place in a hotel, right?
Filming of “42″ set to close some downtown streets next week | The Terminal - Birmingham AL's hub

Ok, I have to go to work, I will back later with more details !!!