Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2014, 09:39 AM
Elite Fan

I hope it's not some kind of mugging, violence or even worse .
Shonda went that road in Private Practice and I was devastated. I don't think there was that kind of storyline on GA but I don't want to watch that. It's too horrible...
Old 01-13-2014, 09:40 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michele22 (View Post)
I think it is inevitable as well. I'm thinking nearer to the end of the season or even season 10 finale. Not sure where they would go with that, but I think we can rule out natural disasters, plane crashes, buses exploding, and shooters. I can picture some type of a health scare though, an outbreak of a deadly virus or something to that effect.
Especially because she is a trauma surgeon too-- I could see her dealing with some crazy patient or deadly disease.

It does seem inevitable, but it's hard to imagine what could happen since it feels like the show has done everything! I know George and Derek had the plague (?) scare early on, and they've had doctors worried about HIV from patients, and Bailey got MRSA and OCD...who knows!
Old 01-13-2014, 09:47 AM
Master Fan

I think they have done everything too but i still think they do a pretty decent job of coming up with new ideas considering the show is 10 yrs old. The April/Arizona friendship is just one example of one thing they have done right. And by new idea's I don't mean bringing new people on. I think there is so much they could have done with the people they already have. At least we got to see April's sisters. April's storyline has been one of the better things they have done this year. Hopefully when Jackson and April get back together the same can be said for him too.
Old 01-13-2014, 10:51 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michele22 (View Post)
I think they have done everything too but i still think they do a pretty decent job of coming up with new ideas considering the show is 10 yrs old. The April/Arizona friendship is just one example of one thing they have done right. And by new idea's I don't mean bringing new people on. I think there is so much they could have done with the people they already have. At least we got to see April's sisters. April's storyline has been one of the better things they have done this year. Hopefully when Jackson and April get back together the same can be said for him too.
I think they have handled April's storyline pretty well in season 10 too--more mature and consistent than in season 9, and some interesting insights into her character like you said (Kepzona friendship, sisters, duckie) so hopefully they continue in that vein!

10 seasons in, they do come up with interesting storylines, and try to mix it up, but I think the show tends to default to cheating or a disaster for drama though, unfortunately. For instance, I would have liked to see some PTSD or even Arizona turning to alcohol and then working through that rather than her cheating to create drama. It seemed the easy/dramatic out for the writers.

I have heard some people mention elsewhere a rape or assault scenario, which we haven't seen happen to one of the main characters on Grey's, but I would HATE that, even more than cheating. I think some dramatic illness or health scare is much more preferable in comparison, and seems like the drama that might be in store for April, especially given that she has not really been injured yet!
Old 01-13-2014, 11:12 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by greysromance (View Post)
I have heard some people mention elsewhere a rape or assault scenario, which we haven't seen happen to one of the main characters on Grey's, but I would HATE that, even more than cheating. I think some dramatic illness or health scare is much more preferable in comparison, and seems like the drama that might be in store for April, especially given that she has not really been injured yet!
Yes, I was saying that earlier. When writers don't know what to do with some character on the show they create assault storyline. April's character could be explored in so many other ways. We have enough of that horrible stories in real life. I would prefer anything other than that, maybe mild infection?
Old 01-13-2014, 11:27 AM
Master Fan

I would hate that. Even more than a cheating storyline. I really hated that assualt storyline with Jo and it would be unbearable if it was April. I wouldn't be able to see her physically hurt and I don't think jackson would let the person who did that to her live. Look at what happened to Karev. If anything, I can see a health/virus pandemic.
Old 01-14-2014, 08:55 AM
Loyal Fan

Oh no no no please not rape. I hope they won't go there it would be so devastating. On hind sight that's the kind of reaction they want to incite.
Old 01-14-2014, 08:58 AM
Master Fan

I hope they don't go there either. Not something that I would personally like to see. I never did like it when they did that on soaps and might even be turned away for good if Greys did that. I know not every story line can be happy, but there are just some places they should not go. I'm all for pushing the boundaries but that is going way too far in my opinion. Sorta like the Denny/Izzie thing. Pushed me away for a long time. It was April and Jackson that brought me back, I would hate for it to be the reason I stopped watching again.
Old 01-18-2014, 03:31 AM
Elite Fan

Sarah at 2014 Winter TCA Party. Beauty Queen

Old 01-18-2014, 07:13 AM
Loyal Fan

Sarah is really pretty...and her look is becoming more mature. I guess they' are trying to age her character too...

Micah's birthday is coming up right?

Last edited by pink_duchess; 01-18-2014 at 07:30 AM
Old 01-18-2014, 07:25 AM
Elite Fan

It's today actually so Micah! And all the best to Sarah and Peter
Old 01-18-2014, 07:32 AM
Loyal Fan

Happy birthday Micah! he's an adorable 2 year old as well.. So cute.
Old 01-18-2014, 08:44 AM
Master Fan

She looks beautiful there! I wonder if we'll get anything new, interviews soon.
Old 01-18-2014, 09:01 AM
Elite Fan

Interview would be great, anything to make this hiatus more bearable couple of sentences so we could speculate and develop new theories
Old 01-18-2014, 09:29 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by miki_cza (View Post)
Interview would be great, anything to make this hiatus more bearable couple of sentences so we could speculate and develop new theories
Definitely...that's what I am hoping for too. It's still too far away! I need something else soon. Her interviews before Christmas were great, but even that seems so long ago now.