Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-30-2006, 05:32 AM
Dedicated Fan

In the first couple of episodes Bailey really was the nazi but I love that we got to know her better and saw her soft side occasionally.
For example when Jeremiah died

it is love
Old 05-30-2006, 06:22 AM
Elite Fan

I liked the Pilot, but it didn't sell me on the show...the next episode "The First Cut is the Deepest" did.

kenny | credit
Old 05-30-2006, 06:25 AM
Dedicated Fan

I liked the pilot. But the real action mostly begins in the second episode cause you have to get to know the characters in the pilot.

But I saw the pilot after I had already watched most other episodes of season 1. I started watching GA from 1.04 on... so the pilot was not my first impression of the show

it is love
Old 05-30-2006, 06:26 AM
Elite Fan

But, the thing I felt was, alot of shows try to make the best Pilot there is...and Grey's didn't have that...IMO it was just good...but the episodes after were amazing...and when you now look back at the Pilot it's great...but at first look, it was just OK.

kenny | credit
Old 05-30-2006, 06:31 AM
Dedicated Fan

Yes, that's right. I always liked about the pilot that I knew what happened after cause I had already watched the following episodes and when I watched the trailer it was like a flashback with all the background information.

I like the continuity of GA. The episodes are all great. Most series have some very good episodes but also boring ones and after some time they are not that good anymore. But with GA it is always great to watch I think. There is no episode I didn't like.

it is love
Old 05-30-2006, 05:51 PM
Elite Fan

Hmmm...my first impressions of the pilot were pretty much mixed like any new show I watch. Frankly, I find most shows tend to improve gradually over the course of the first season, and imo, Grey's was really no different there. However, by the time the second or third episode aired, I knew it was a show I was going to be into for the long term, rather than just the occasional episode...and for the most part, I think it's only gotten better since... Sure some weeks have been better than others, but like you say Em...even the lesser episodes were still good ones...
Old 05-30-2006, 05:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by -TheKen-
But, the thing I felt was, alot of shows try to make the best Pilot there is...and Grey's didn't have that...IMO it was just good...but the episodes after were amazing...and when you now look back at the Pilot it's great...but at first look, it was just OK.
You have a good point. That might be why ABC was so lukewarm towards GA at first.
Old 05-30-2006, 06:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotica
Hmmm...my first impressions of the pilot were pretty much mixed like any new show I watch. Frankly, I find most shows tend to improve gradually over the course of the first season, and imo, Grey's was really no different there. However, by the time the second or third episode aired, I knew it was a show I was going to be into for the long term, rather than just the occasional episode...and for the most part, I think it's only gotten better since... Sure some weeks have been better than others, but like you say Em...even the lesser episodes were still good ones...
Yeah, same here. I thought the pilot was cute and I pretty much tuned it for Katie Heigl. But after a few episodes and really enjoying the show overall and the wonderful ensemble cast, I fell in love. GA is one of the best shows in a long time.

Add me to the list too please.
Old 05-30-2006, 07:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I added you. Crystal, I tuned in for Katie too. As much as I love her, I never associate her with quality projects. That combined with the "mid season replacement" tag, my expectations were pretty low.
Old 05-30-2006, 07:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer78
I added you. Crystal, I tuned in for Katie too. As much as I love her, I never associate her with quality projects. That combined with the "mid season replacement" tag, my expectations were pretty low.
I know what you mean. Thankfully, GA is a huge success.
Old 05-30-2006, 07:39 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason's Lover4life
Yeah, same here. I thought the pilot was cute and I pretty much tuned it for Katie Heigl.
Hmmm...having no prior connections with Roswell, I kind of watched the show on a limb initially. In fact, when they first started advertising, I honestly thought it looked rather boring, but eventually after seeing the preview one too many times (and just a few days before the pilot), I decided I'd at least give it a chance. Suffice to say, it wasn't at all what I was first expecting....

Quote:
As much as I love her, I never associate her with quality projects. That combined with the "mid season replacement" tag, my expectations were pretty low.
Much as I've heard you say that, I still think it's one of the most honest responses I've heard someone say about trying out a new show. Tis great...
Old 05-30-2006, 09:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, half the thrill was seeing Katie on a decent show. Oh, and I happened to have Sunday night off that week. At the time it was unusual. So I guess it was fate in a lot of ways.
Old 02-14-2017, 12:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

Summer is coming
Old 02-15-2017, 02:38 AM
Extreme Fan

First of all, spring is coming. Here with us in Germany the sun comes to light more and more.
Old 02-15-2017, 03:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalaBridget (View Post)
Summer is coming
Summer is here for me