Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2015, 12:48 PM
Addicted Fan

Stephanie Edwards // Jerrika Hinton #1

Jerrika Hinton Talks About Cast Members Leaving ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Season Finale & How Her Texas Upbringing Inspired Her to Act
Old 05-13-2015, 07:04 PM
Addicted Fan

Big primpin'.
Old 05-13-2015, 07:21 PM
Extreme Fan

I should watch the season she started in, I don't hate her character and I feel like a lot of people don't like her. Maybe that's because I haven't seen when she first came on, but I love her mentor/mentee relationship with Amelia.
Old 05-13-2015, 08:12 PM
Addicted Fan

Yeah, you're absolutely correct. I do not see the show just for her but do not understand the almost hostility with the character.

For me she is more interesting than Jo. Personally and professionally. Although also I do not have anything against Jo. Just do not see evolution since she entered on show.

Stephanie, for other hand, faced a real shame publicly and plunged into work. And she really shows willingness to learn.

I'm hope that she can have a nice pair in the series. Why not Dr.DeLuca? It would be great![

When Maggie entered, I also saw negative comments. almost discriminatory. But then with time and with the cordiality that Meredith began to develop with her, the thing was changing. And today, I see who criticized, rooting for her. Maybe Stephanie has the same lucky.
Old 05-16-2015, 07:57 AM
Addicted Fan

Press week is done -- goodbye makeup! Wahoo!! That's a wrap on #ShondalandSpringBreak. Happy to be going back home this morning!
Old 05-16-2015, 08:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

Tftt
Old 05-27-2015, 03:43 PM
Addicted Fan

Jerrika Hinton Talks Acting On 'Grey's Anatomy' | Vibe
Old 05-31-2015, 05:40 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addison Forbes Montgomery (View Post)
Interesting Jerrika says Stephanie is chief resident in that interview. I guess that explains why she was leading the interns.
Old 05-31-2015, 07:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Well Bailey had interns in her charge and she wasn't CR, I think everyone has them either way. But that's good to know, they should really mention that stuff on the show.
Old 05-31-2015, 07:30 AM
Master Fan

Stephanie is not well regarded because she was Jackson's love interest and people wished to see him with April. She has never recovered from that.

On the other hand, she is badly written now too. I think she has had a lot of airtime but not a lot of progression as a character. Each episode she received a plot that had nothing to do with the plot of the successive episode. It reminds me of cartoons where you need not watch the previous episode to follow the next. Such is the lack of cohesion in her plots.

She needs something that makes her excitable to the audience for people to notice her. Perhaps that will be the new intern. I think Jo has the same issue in fandom. People don't jump over her and Alex, imo, so she has nothing that makes her pop as a character. Especially since they do not delve into her outside of Alex.
Old 05-31-2015, 07:54 AM
Dedicated Fan

I actually don't mind Stephanie as a character. I don't love her, but I don't hate her either. I really like her friendship with Jo. So many of the other characters, especially the women, had so much angst this season that it was kind of nice just to get to see a couple of them laugh and drink and not be consumed by relationship woes.

If she is CR, it really stinks that we have to find out from an interview. I guess that's why Ben and Jo were involved with the patient instead of with interns. So many season-like by stories got stuffed into the last two episodes.
Old 05-31-2015, 09:03 AM
Master Fan

I find her friendship with Jo inorganic. We haven't seen them depend on each other and at times they come off as too competitive with each other.

I don't get why Stephanie flourishing as a resident, if that is what we are shown she did, equals her becoming CR. That's all administrative and doesn't really follow from being a talented surgeon. That's really odd that she was given everything this season while Jo was given nothing.

Also Ben is already a board certified anaesthesiologist. I find it more realistic that he would be CR than Stephanie.

Last edited by posterity; 05-31-2015 at 09:21 AM
Old 05-31-2015, 09:46 AM
Dedicated Fan

I imagine it's because Stephanie doesn't have a love interest at the moment, so her storyline was primarily professional. Jo got a couple things, her solo surgery, the homeless veteran and the burn patient that I can remember, but I guess she wasn't in on any of the "superhero" surgeries.

This season has been so out of the ordinary that it's hard to tell what is indicative of the writers true intent and what was just kind of slapped together last minute. Hopefully next season will be a little more cohesive. Or a lot morel, actually.
Old 05-31-2015, 07:06 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by posterity (View Post)
I think she has had a lot of airtime but not a lot of progression as a character. Each episode she received a plot that had nothing to do with the plot of the successive episode. It reminds me of cartoons where you need not watch the previous episode to follow the next. Such is the lack of cohesion in her plots.
I totally agree with this. Some of the story lines felt contrived for the sake of creating a quick story for the episode. It's good they are giving her screen time but I don't feel like I know Stephanie that much better after this season, what really makes her tick, what drives her.
Old 06-01-2015, 06:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

They had something going with her working with Amelia, but then they dropped that and gave her unrelated stories that too airtime but didn't relate to each other. And they were mostly alone. Comedy works best on this show when it involves at least 2 characters. I like Stephanie though, I like Jerrika's performance because even though her stories aren't cohesive, she comes off as a real person.