Old 08-31-2015, 12:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

aww so cute I miss PrP Amelia and KDK sometime
Old 11-24-2015, 02:43 PM
Part-Time Fan

I just came across this video: https://youtu.be/h6nwn-lhgvY

Quote:
HD guys!

So this has probably been one of my favourite videos I've ever made, mostly because of how similar I think Amelia Shepherd's story is to the movie Wild (which was probably my favourite movie of 2014.)
So I thought why not cross the two over! I basically just used the structure of the trailer for Wild, and built Amelia's story in to it, because I love the song used SO much, but Amelia definitely has her own story that should be used instead of the audio from the film Wild.
Also Caterina Scorsone is one of the greatest actresses I've ever had the privilege to watch.

I'd love to hear what you guys think!
Does anyone of you know the film or book "Wild"?
That's the point. That's the entire point.
Don't ... don't avoid it. Don't ... extinguish it."
Old 11-25-2015, 10:59 AM
Dedicated Fan

Just read that Kate Walsh said that Addison won't return to Grey's. She has no intention of it. So I vote For Charlotte to come up to Seatle to help Amelia.
Old 11-26-2015, 06:31 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Pj~ (View Post)
Just read that Kate Walsh said that Addison won't return to Grey's. She has no intention of it. So I vote For Charlotte to come up to Seatle to help Amelia.
Too bad about Allison! But yeah, Charlotte should come!
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 11-28-2015, 09:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Pj~ (View Post)
I can understand sometime you want to move on.
Old 12-08-2015, 10:21 AM
New Fan

Catarina is a great actress. It's unfortunate that Grey's is ruining Amelia. Catarina deserves better writing.
Old 12-08-2015, 11:07 AM
New Fan

It seems like the writers are just trying to write Amelia (and possibly Jo) off of the show. I wish that Shonda would commit to her quality core actors instead of focusing on cherry picking guest directors and actors.
Old 12-08-2015, 01:11 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Are you kidding me? (View Post)
It seems like the writers are just trying to write Amelia (and possibly Jo) off of the show. I wish that Shonda would commit to her quality core actors instead of focusing on cherry picking guest directors and actors.
I absolutely don't think that Shonda wants to write Amelia off the show. She loves Caterina Scorsone. As long as Caterina doesn't want to go (which I wouldn't be afraid of at the moment) she will be on GA.
That's the point. That's the entire point.
Don't ... don't avoid it. Don't ... extinguish it."
Old 12-09-2015, 08:12 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bavaria89 (View Post)
I absolutely don't think that Shonda wants to write Amelia off the show. She loves Caterina Scorsone. As long as Caterina doesn't want to go (which I wouldn't be afraid of at the moment) she will be on GA.
Then why do they keep cutting her scenes? Viewers are left with no context and Amelia has no character development.
Old 12-09-2015, 10:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
yes I don't see why would Shonda want her off the show.
Old 12-09-2015, 11:59 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalaBridget (View Post)
yes I don't see why would Shonda want her off the show.
There are so many inconsistencies in Amelia's scenes that it is laughable. Here are just a few examples:
- Why are Meredith and Amelia back at the Dream House together near the end of S 11 after Meredith has warned Amelia off of Owen (the scene in which Amelia goes to the refrigerator and then talks to Meredith)? It's the same day that Derek left for D.C. Did they come home together for lunch? And since when would they have time for that?
- Why is Amelia performing surgery on a cop who was just shot and disabled (on the day before Derek died - he brings it up in his talk with Amelia and on the day he dies he tells Meredith that Amelia told him about Owen last night) on the day that Derek died? Unless Officer Dan is the bionic man, there is no way that he could have healed, dated Callie, and gone back to work after one day.
- Bailey is a participant with Amelia in Derek's cell phone call from the road about having trouble getting to the Airport on time. Why wouldn't she bring that up when Meredith is fretting about Derek?
- Owen was in the promotional scenes for 12 x 3, but he does not appear in the episode, so clearly his scenes were cut. Yet, Amelia inexplicably ends up naked in Meredith's car with no explanation. While this may endear Amelia to her character's fans, it just makes her appear to be erratic to non-followers. It was a gratuitous scene. Either show the precursor or cut the scene entirely.
- The Owen and Amelia kiss at the end of S 11 - it's either a deleted scene or it's not. Someone clearly leaked it. Why bother filming it if you are not going to at least acknowledge that it was cut?
- The lack of editing on the hand-holding scene while Amelia listens to Derek's VM is pathetic for a top-rated show.

Last edited by Are you kidding me?; 12-09-2015 at 03:59 PM
Old 12-09-2015, 04:02 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Quite a few quality actors have left. Some wanted to go and some were likely pushed out.
Old 12-09-2015, 04:48 PM
New Fan

And why aren't some of the actors whose characters survived SR and supposedly left on good terms willing to come back?
Old 12-11-2015, 09:55 PM
Master Fan

my biggest beef with Amelia's scene inconsistencies was 11x19-21. The timeline itself was a big flop. 11x21 was intended to occur concurrently to 11x19, so Derek had managed to ride the ferryboat and was taking a 'super secret shortcut' while he was on the phone with Amelia, who was in the OR with Bailey and April. Somehow Amelia had managed to get to the hospital before Derek made it to the hospital, when the show has portrayed Meredith and Derek apparently live on Bainbridge Island (which I'v been told is logistically impossible, though I've never been to Seattle so I can't confirm that). Yet, Meredith and Amelia were both at the dream house when Derek left. There's no way Amelia could have made it to the hospital before Derek made it to the airport, and already scrubbed into a surgery. Not possible. I haven't rewatched 11x19-21 for other timeline inconsistencies, which I'm sure exist, and I honestly never plan to. I can't bring myself to rewatch any episode after 11x8.

I have no issue with some inconsistencies. Heck, most of the time I don't even notice them on TV, but the ones on Grey's are so freakin' obvious and it's insulting to assume viewers won't notice them. Like, I get they don't want to work with the kids, for instance, because children can be hold up production, but don't put the characters in situations where the children would be affected and it stands out they're not even mentioned. Like Meredith, Amelia, and Maggie banging down a wall in the early morning and the late night when supposedly three children should be sleeping???? Makes no sense. And the carpooling scenes are intended to be humorous, but they're really just eye roll worthy.

Ugh, it just breaks my heart. I'd looked forward to Mer and Amelia bonding, but the writers went ahead and ruined their relationship. I tend to side with Amelia when it comes to Amelia reminding Meredith of Derek, which is why she hates her. I think that's part of the issue. Though, both of their characters have been successfully assassinated.