Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2014, 12:06 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkxtwisty (View Post)
I picture Mer and Amelia around the same age, since Mer delayed med school for who knows how long. She's older than most of her class.

I personally have issues with Ezria because Aria was like 14 when they started dating. Jail bait.

Caterina Scorsone – Grey’s Anatomy – Starry Constellation Magazine

^ Good interview with Caterina.
I don't think Aria was 14 she was 16 if I can remember correctly.

Just going by one picture it looks like good things are in store for Owen and Amelia.
Old 11-24-2014, 07:49 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Patrick Dempsey

Looking forward for more Amelia

derek shepherd | charmed | borrowed heaven | 💚 𝓳𝒶𝒿𝑒
Old 11-26-2014, 10:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaSam4Life (View Post)
Why is age such an issue with pairings?
I just feel like it's Ameila hooking up with Pete or Sam
Old 11-26-2014, 10:54 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalaBridget (View Post)
I just feel like it's Ameila hooking up with Pete or Sam
My hope was that Amelia and Owen's connection was going to be like hers and Jake's on PP. Just a big brother type deal and James would show up to get her back. But based on sides in 11x12 I'm thinking that we'll find out why she ended things with James and now the path is clear for her and Owen.

I rewatched Owen breaking up with Emma and I now have to agree that Amelia seems to be exactly what Owen is looking for. Someone who wants kids, but who he can come home and share OR stories with.
Old 11-26-2014, 10:34 PM
Master Fan

Owen isn't that much older than Amelia. Kevin McKidd may be eight years older than Caterina, but their characters are probably only a few years apart. Still, an eight year age difference really isn't that big of a deal. I mean, Lexie was 24 and Mark was close to 40. That's much more significant.

Ohhh, good point about the 11x12 sides. I didn't even think of the Amelia parallel. I was thinking it was for Jo, but I definitely see Amelia in the story now, too. It could parallel several characters, but now that you say that--it really speaks for Amelia, considering the reasons she told Meredith in 10x23 for why she thought she needed to break up with James and other things Caterina has mentioned in interviews.

Caterina has basically said Owen and Amelia are meant for each other without exactly saying it. And Owen's break-up speech to Emma really screams like Amelia is the perfect woman for him.
Old 12-19-2014, 02:08 PM
Master Fan

Anyone want to kill this thread with me?

I'm curious to see where they'll take Amelia...I hope she doesn't get overshadowed with all the upcoming storylines. She could be a good friend for April, and I'm sure she'll step up for Meredith and the kids with Derek gone. Caterina mentioned Amelia not wanting to leave the dreamhouse because she feels obligated to help out.
Old 12-19-2014, 07:10 PM
Part-Time Fan

How the Herman storyline plays out for her should be interesting.

I'm curious what Amelia's legal requirements are now that she knows a surgeon has a brain tumor. Does she need to report it to Owen? To the medical licensing board? If she holds back to protect Arizona, how will that play out with Owen and the board. I'm still wondering how badly things will go for Arizona when all this comes out. I still wonder if she'll lose her board seat, but that's for another thread.

Assuming that it's Amelia who operates on Herman (that's certainly how it looks to be going) how will that come about? I mean, Amelia might present the idea to Herman, but I would have to assume that once Herman agrees to it, she'd want Derek to be the one operating. So why won't Derek? Will he be in DC and can't or won't come back? Will he be gone when it comes out and no one will be able to reach him to get him back? Will he not believe it can be done? Regardless, it seems that Amelia will do it, which will help build her reputation, and erase the doubts some who found out about her past may have.

I really do like Derek, but a big part of me kind of wishes that Derek had already seen these scans, and maybe because he was pulled in so many directions, he agreed it was inoperable. The first butterfly tumor he removed with Lexie he initially said it was inoperable until Meredith forced Lexie to get him to look at the scans. And Derek said that Erica's tumor was inoperable until Amelia (and Lexie) forced him to look at it closer. If no one FORCED Derek to look at the scans closely, it would be possible that he turned the case away.
Old 12-19-2014, 09:36 PM
Master Fan

It seems like a pretty big coincidence that it's the same tumor that Derek removed in season 8, the tumor that Meredith got him to operate on through Lexie unbeknownst to him. It'd be neat if they somehow used that with this storyline, since it's the Season of Meredith, I think all storylines should be connected to her, so maybe Meredith will see the scans/remember the situation with Lexie (could be a way for her name to be mentioned... since they've seemed to forget Lexie), and somehow it gets relayed to Derek and it's a catalyst for Derek to return for the surgery. I want Derek to stay in DC for a while, but Patrick isn't leaving the show so Derek can visit for a surgery and it can hold some meaning.

I want Amelia to have some medical success, but I think this could be a good opportunity for her and Derek to rebuild some of their relationship, too, if she seeks help from him or he somehow catches wind of the case through the grapevine. Amelia is stubborn, but she also has a tendency to be overly confident and then doubt herself. I can easily see her doubting her abilities to save Dr. Herman and then turning to Derek for advice. It's a way to include him and allow him to be in DC even if he and Meredith aren't on the best terms. He'll need to be in contact with someone, and he's not really close with anyone besides his sister and Meredith. He and Bailey used to have a nice friendship that hasn't been seen in years. Richard is Derek's only other comrade. (Though I've always liked Owen's and Derek's interactions even though they're not that close).
Old 12-20-2014, 07:54 AM
Part-Time Fan

I agree with EVERYTHING that you said, but I still hope that Derek doesn't simply preform the surgery because he's the best.

I guess a dream scenario for me would be to have Amelia basically ask/beg Derek to come back to help her (whether she really needs help or just says she does as a ruse) and force him to see Meredith and confront their problems. As stubborn, mad, and busy he might be in DC, he might feel like he owes it to her to return to support her, and Meredith certainly couldn't send him back if he supposedly returned to support his sister.

Even Derek giving Amelia a peptalk over the phone, or Amelia telling him how much help Meredith is being, could help rebuild their relationship. I just don't want Amelia to truly NEED him to bail her out, I'd rather it be that a little support gave her the confidence she needs to do it herself (which I could totally see her needing). I could also see Owen and or Meredith giving her confidence, but would rather it be Derek, and preferably in Seattle so he could see Meredith and possibly work on things.

I completely agree that Meredith will be involved looking at the scans and helping Amelia to plan out the surgery. And I do see that whoever is operating, Meredith with be there assisting them.
Old 12-24-2014, 03:04 PM
Part-Time Fan

Speculation for 11x13

Spoiler:
Old 12-24-2014, 09:05 PM
Master Fan

I think you're right with the first speculation, because that was my first thought.

I don't know about the second one.

Spoiler:
Old 12-27-2014, 10:56 AM
Part-Time Fan

I tend to think of the characters I care about when I read the sides. I know the side about a woman with a clipboard is probably about April. But if the woman is talking to Owen, I (as a fan of Amelia) could see it being about Amelia who might be thinking about Ryan. It could be a way for Owen to go off and search for her and see if she's alright.

But it's probably about April (or any of the other half dozen woman on the show).
Old 12-27-2014, 12:05 PM
Master Fan

I always hope it's about the characters I care about, though I think realistically too. This year's sides have been so off anyway, though. Half the stuff hasn't even happened from them.
Old 12-28-2014, 08:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

I hope she gets more screen time it's long overdue maybe with one of Derek other sisters coming in.