Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2014, 04:56 PM
Part-Time Fan

Grey's Anatomy: Caterina Scorsone Previews Amelia's 'Humiliation,' War With Derek and... Romance With Owen?

‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Season 11: Amelia and Owen Spoilers — Caterina Scorsone Interview | TVLine
Old 11-11-2014, 12:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the info
Old 11-11-2014, 06:05 AM
New Fan

Looking forward to ep 11x07. I love that there is a episode about Amelia and her past - loved her story in PPP.
War with Derek? Love Caterina Scorsone as drama-actress.
But please no romance between Owen and Amelia.

I just know one thing: on PPP I liked the chemistry between Amelia/Addison, Amelia/Charlotte and Amelia/James.
On GA i like the chemistry between: Amelia/Derek, Amelia/Maggie. And I liked Amelia/Lexie.

Last edited by LiKe; 11-11-2014 at 06:13 AM
Old 11-11-2014, 07:49 AM
Master Fan

Idk how people can say no romance with Owen EVER when they haven't had scenes yet together. Don't you think that's closed minded?

Personally, I think Amelia is befriending the wrong daughter of Ellis Grey. I want more Amelia and Mer scenes.

Btw Caterina will be on the Shondaland Revealed podcast with Betsy Beers this week! It was taped yesterday and will be out Thursday. Can't wait!!

Amelia sneak peek. http://youtu.be/UkMMnx5wNIw
Old 11-11-2014, 09:00 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkxtwisty (View Post)
Idk how people can say no romance with Owen EVER when they haven't had scenes yet together. Don't you think that's closed minded?

Personally, I think Amelia is befriending the wrong daughter of Ellis Grey. I want more Amelia and Mer scenes.
Yeah it's closed minded and I don't deny this. I'm pretty closed minded when it comes to my favorite characters and couples on tv shows that I watch.

I think that Amelia and Meredith should have more scenes together, but I also enjoy the scenes between Amelia and Maggie and I like that there are this many.
Old 11-11-2014, 09:26 AM
Master Fan

I don't like Maggie (especially after how she treated Richard last episode), but I like any scene with Amelia or Meredith -- they're my favorite characters, and I think they're a lot alike which is why I think they need to have more scenes together.
Old 11-11-2014, 03:39 PM
Part-Time Fan

I'm sorry, but close minded as it seems, as of right now I'm with LiKe too.

Just because we're told 'sparks fly' between Owen and Amelia doesn't have to mean romance. I could see this being a very good and healthy friendship, but I'm having trouble with the romance part.

Maybe when I see some scenes with Amelia and Owen I'll change my mind but it's going to be tough. Right now I hear Owen telling Cristina that he will 'never love anyone like he loved her', and I hear James telling Amelia that when he looks at her 'all he sees is perfect'. That's going to be tough for me to get past.

James NEVER judged Amelia, or tried to change her, and that's what she said she loved about Ryan. So if they can have Owen somehow give that to her, then I guess I could be won over.

This period of time is allowing us to see Amelia for herself instead of part of a couple and that is a very good thing. She is building relationships with many of the characters and so far I love all of them. I'm still not giving up on James coming to Seattle to get her back though. If he had come up with her then we would have missed a lot of this, and she probably wouldn't be trying so hard to prove herself, or make herself available to help with the kids as much as they're saying she's doing.

I know I'm in denial but ... that's how I feel. And I CERTAINLY don't want her to be Owen's rebound.
Old 11-11-2014, 04:06 PM
Master Fan

Never said 'sparks fly' means romance. In fact, I think it means they'll fight because it's the most probable outcome based on what we know about ep7. I'm not saying that's a bad thing. In a way, it's a good thing, because too many couples on this show are MFEO from their first scene. Nothing wrong with a little originality. I do think the way that Owen and Amelia first will come together on screen is an interesting scenario, because Owen will know about Amelia's past from the beginning, and when/if they do become romantically involved, he'll do it judgment free. Not to say he won't judge her a little at first, but by the time they come together, it won't mean anything to him. Meaning she won't feel like there's anything she needs to hide from him and she can be honest with him because he already knows about her darkest days, even if he finds out in a less than fathomable way.

I try to keep an open mind when it comes to characters who haven't shared scenes together. In retrospect, Owen and Amelia are perfect fits for each other. Both are damaged goods.

I dislike no ship more than I dislike Owen and Cristina, really. They're wrong for each other in every way.

And sure, James never judged Amelia and he was the perfect Gary Stu (yes, he was 100% a Gary Stu). He had the perfect life, perfect upbringing, perfect perfect. He and Amelia would never work out. They were bound to have more problems down the line. It was too good to be true. Amelia needs someone who can understand pain. James has no comprehension of what pain is.
Old 11-11-2014, 07:33 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Patrick Dempsey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModernDayJackieO (View Post)
Grey's Anatomy: Caterina Scorsone Previews Amelia's 'Humiliation,' War With Derek and... Romance With Owen?

‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Season 11: Amelia and Owen Spoilers — Caterina Scorsone Interview | TVLine
Looking forward to this. Thanks for posting

derek shepherd | charmed | borrowed heaven | 💚 𝓳𝒶𝒿𝑒
Old 11-12-2014, 06:10 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by megmilli (View Post)
Maybe when I see some scenes with Amelia and Owen I'll change my mind but it's going to be tough. Right now I hear Owen telling Cristina that he will 'never love anyone like he loved her', and I hear James telling Amelia that when he looks at her 'all he sees is perfect'. That's going to be tough for me to get past.

James NEVER judged Amelia, or tried to change her, and that's what she said she loved about Ryan. So if they can have Owen somehow give that to her, then I guess I could be won over.

This period of time is allowing us to see Amelia for herself instead of part of a couple and that is a very good thing. She is building relationships with many of the characters and so far I love all of them. I'm still not giving up on James coming to Seattle to get her back though. If he had come up with her then we would have missed a lot of this, and she probably wouldn't be trying so hard to prove herself, or make herself available to help with the kids as much as they're saying she's doing.
This: +1. That's complete what I feel. I shipped Amelia and James. I liked Owen and Christina (Owen only with Christina). And I know - we didn't see many episodes of Amelia/James on PPP, but they took my heart from the first minute and this is hard to beat. Since the time I heard Amelia is coming to Seattle I hoped for James coming too.
I don't care for Owen or his relationships, but I care for Amelia - so please don't....

I also know when a couple is over, but that doesn't mean that I accept it.
And when one of my favorite couples break - I simply can't see them in any other relationship. I can accept a other relationship after a time (but hard), but I will not ship any other relationship.

Last edited by LiKe; 11-12-2014 at 09:42 AM
Old 11-12-2014, 06:13 AM
Master Fan

I knew Amelia and James were history when I heard Amelia was coming, and Crowen were goners after the abortion.
Old 11-13-2014, 12:00 AM
Fan Forum Star

It looks like a good epp material for wise for CS can't wait
Old 11-13-2014, 07:02 PM
Part-Time Fan

About the E Online article

Spoiler:
Old 11-13-2014, 07:11 PM
Master Fan

That was my first thought, too.

Spoiler: