Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-16-2015, 02:16 PM
Master Fan

I don't want to see them committing to a relationship if they are not ready. But I don't see them agreeing to casual sex either. Seems like feelings are already involved by ep 18.
Old 03-16-2015, 02:31 PM
Elite Fan

^ Exactly.
Old 03-16-2015, 02:35 PM
Master Fan

Seems like April and Jackson in the early days lets hope they go down a different path. I do see angst down the line that's always how it is haha. I hope they have another akward, cute coffee scene on Thursdays episode.
Old 03-16-2015, 02:40 PM
Elite Fan

Seeing as it picks up (or it seems) right after last episode I bet we see one or both leaving the room as fast as awkwardly as they can.
Old 03-16-2015, 02:41 PM
Part-Time Fan

I wonder if it has anything to do with the 'love contract'. Meaning, to be public, they probably need to put some sort of lable on it, and 'casual' might not fly since Owen is her boss. She'll probably think about how people, especially Meredith ad Derek will react. And Owen's need for kids, and her possible mixed feelings might all come into play.

I personally would hate for Amelia to really get pregnant early on in the relationship, but a pregnancy scare might lead to them talking about things. Then I'd love for them to talk about adopting if Amelia wasn't sure about going thru a pregancy of her own.
Old 03-16-2015, 02:46 PM
Elite Fan

No Adopting. Meredith went down that road already, enough is enough. I swear first people want April to adopt and now Amelia? No way
Old 03-16-2015, 02:52 PM
Master Fan

Yeah, I'm really not interested in seeing anyone else adopt. I'd like Owen and Amelia to have children, it just seems so quick. Look what happened both times for April, it didn't end well. The thing is, there might not be enough time left to get enough buildup, easing into a relationship, and then having a baby once established. No one has ever had a planned pregnancy on this show though, so I will keep that in mind haha.
Old 03-16-2015, 03:01 PM
Elite Fan

Not a lot of people plan pregnancy's so I don't mind either way as long as it gets airtime.
Old 03-16-2015, 03:09 PM
Master Fan

Well, the people I know do. Friends, family, neighbour's. I'm not naive I live in a large city, but I find it almost laughable how all the female characters got pregnant unexpectedly and they are doctors to top it off. Yes, I realize it is a soap, but I do find it a little irresponsible. Maybe it's not supposed to be a big issue but seeing as they all got pregnant unplanned, I see the same potential for Amelia.
Old 03-16-2015, 03:10 PM
Part-Time Fan

I don't really WANT them to adopt, but if Amelia knew that Owen really wanted kids, and she wasn't sure she could go thru with a pregnancy (we don't know that she feels this way), then knowing that adoption would be a possibility might take some pressure off.

In the end I feel sure they will have their own child naturally.
Old 03-16-2015, 03:16 PM
Elite Fan

Amelia never said she didn't want to try again though, even on Private practice she talking with James about having kids.
Old 03-16-2015, 03:22 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaSam4Life (View Post)
Amelia never said she didn't want to try again though, even on Private practice she talking with James about having kids.
You're absolutely right. He assumed she wouldn't want them after what had happened but she said she did. But I'm not sure he said it was a deal breaker for James. If they got married and she changed her mind I think he would have accepted it. Knowing how important it is to Owen she might not think he would feel the same way. It's just something they should talk about, that's all.
Old 03-16-2015, 03:24 PM
Elite Fan

Again they only just had sex. I think you're jumping the gun a little bit.
Old 03-16-2015, 03:35 PM
Master Fan

I think it is soon, but seeing as she has to face her feelings head on in 18, only 2 weeks from now something must happen perhaps with Owen's mom that makes her think.of these things. Having children in the future is definitely one of the components of getting into a potential relationship with Owen. She needs to figure out what she wants while knowing what Owen wants. He definitely would not pressure her, but he wants a wife and kids and won't waste anymore time on a woman who doesn't. I think she does want those things but will feel like she dove into this too quickly and will want to take a step back. He is her boss and something will drive a little wedge between them again.after their first kiss it was Herman. Amelia wanted to focus on her surgery. Could be Owen's mom or Derek this time
Old 03-16-2015, 03:43 PM
Elite Fan

I think him being her boss is going to cause conflict for sure.