Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-15-2012, 06:57 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Patrick Dempsey

Rules Reminder - READ AND RESPOND

We thought another reminder of DO's & DONT's are necessary. Kindly read thoroughly the following.
FanForum Board Policy
• Direct links to illegal television episode or music download websites are not permitted. The purpose of threads for television shows or music from those shows is to discuss those shows or that music, and they’re not meant to be used as a means to illegally download television episodes or songs.

Be respectful. Not everyone is going to agree with you at all times. It’s perfectly fine to disagree with someone as long as it is done respectfully, but do not attack other posters. Please treat other members with the same respect and courtesy that you would want for yourself.

If you have a problem with anything or any person at Fan Forum, don’t deal with it on the forums here. Please send a Private Message (PM) to a Moderator or a Moderator Manager describing the problem, and they’ll work with you to try and get the problem resolved. If you have a problem with a moderator on one of the boards that you post on, send a Private Message to a Moderator Manager describing the problem. Do not contact one of the co-moderators of the moderator that you’re having problems with, as it’s the Moderator Managers’ responsibility to resolve disputes between members and moderators in a fair and impartial way. You can also send a Private Message to the person that you’re having a problem with directly if you do not want to involve the Fan Forum staff.

• Fan Forum is considered to be a PG-13 forum community, so please keep that in mind when posting here.

• Do not bump threads, or post solely to increase your post count. This is called “star posting,” and doing it can result in the loss of posting privileges. Also, don’t post sequentially on a thread (meaning don’t post right after yourself) just edit your first post if you have something to add to what you originally said.

• Do not post the same picture or avatar (icon) over and over in a thread. Also, do not quote pictures or avatars (icons) - if you quote someone, please edit out the image before submitting your reply. If you don’t follow these rules, your picture(s) or avatar(s) (icon(s)) will be deleted.

• Please note that when you post pictures directly from another website, (also known as hot linking) you’re basically using that website’s bandwidth. Every time someone at Fan Forum views the picture on our forums, the owner of the website that hosts the image gets charged for bandwidth use. This is known as “bandwidth theft.” We would prefer it if you would post a text link to the picture using the [ url ] tag instead of displaying the picture in a post using the [ img ] tag, because then the owner of the website only gets charged for bandwidth use if people click on the link.

• Please don’t post pictures any wider than 800 pixels so you don’t stretch the post table. In consideration of members on dial-up, please post links to larger pictures (also known as HQ pictures) or post thumbnails of those pictures.

• Please respect people’s privacy and don’t post any celebrity pictures from private sources. This includes fan art (manipulations, wallpapers, avatars etc.) made from such pictures. If you're posting some creations in some site (ie. tumblr) always try to include a link to it below.

Spoiler Policy
• No spoilers about any new or current television shows are allowed on the television show forums, and they should only be posted on the Spoilers Forum (x). Information is considered to be a spoiler if it details something that has not yet been broadcast anywhere in the world. Promos that have already aired on television and small episode descriptions are not considered to be spoilers.

• Pictures from promos that have already aired on television, been shown at the movie theatre, or are from general promotional material at official websites or published in magazines are not considered to be spoilers.

• Pictures of clips, episode stills and filming pictures of scenes from an upcoming episode or movie that are available on the Internet and have not been aired on television or have not been shown at the movie theatre before the movie is released are considered to be spoilerish, and they should only be posted in designated threads for the upcoming episode or movie.

• Avatars made from promos that have already aired on television, been shown at the movie theatre, or are from general promotional material at official websites or published in magazines are not considered to be spoilers.

• Avatars made from pictures of clips, episode stills from official websites, and filming pictures of scenes from an upcoming episode or movie should not be used until after the episode airs or until the movie is released, because avatars can be seen all over Fan Forum, and we want to respect the wishes of members that don’t want to see any spoilers for an upcoming episode.

• Small snippets/blurbs (episode description) from TV Guide/Entertainment Weekly etc. are fine.

• Longer episode descriptions (like for example the ones FOX provides), are considered to be spoilerish and should just be discussed on the episode discussion thread until the episode airs or they should be posted with spoiler tags in various threads on the television boards here.

for the COMPLETE Rules & Policy (x)

Grey's Anatomy Board Policy
• Anti-Threads are not allowed in this board.

• Criticisms about the show and its characters are welcome in the threads as long as they're kept constructive. No character-bashing, please, especially in the episode discussion threads. Constructive criticism is different from bashing, please keep in mind that other posters may like the character you're talking about. Everyone has a right to their opinion, so please treat others as you'd like to be treated and keep things respectful.

• Do not call a ship and/or character by a negative association label. These names are considered to be character and/or ship bashing and that will not be tolerated on this board.

• No actor or writer-bashing. Everyone is welcome to criticize the characters and the stories, but there is a very thin line. When it comes to shipper threads, it is perfectly also allowed to discuss other characters in them as long as they related to the couple somehow without it reaching to extreme bashing. Making negative personal comments about the actors, the creator or the writers considers bashing and is unacceptable.

Attacking & bashing fans/fanbases are not allowed. Also do no take every little disagreement as a means of attacking. Note that there is a difference. We won't get everybody to agree on something. Fans, like actors & writers, are real people too. We are all fans here. So please be respectful of each other - their opinions, likes and dislikes.

• Linking or quoting posts from other sites is not allowed. It would not be fair to the posters in the other board since they wouldn't be here to react to any replies about their post. For the same reason, please do not quote posts from other threads.

for the COMPLETE Grey's Anatomy Board Policy (x)

We know that the spoiler talks are unavoidable sometimes. But as much as possible try to minimize the discussion, use spoiler tags, and be as unspecific as you can. If you have any more question or needed clarification feel free to ask Wala, Jaje, & Mai

derek shepherd | charmed | borrowed heaven | 💚 𝓳𝒶𝒿𝑒
Old 02-16-2012, 03:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks Jaje for the reminders
Old 02-16-2012, 06:29 AM
Fan Forum Star

Read and understood

mia toretto brian o'conner
lex luthor lana lang | jordan ♥ t.c.
clary fray ♥ jace herondale | jax ♥ tara
haylie | icon | LJ | tumblr
Old 02-16-2012, 09:36 AM
Master Fan

I totally got it
thanks
Old 02-16-2012, 10:35 AM
Elite Fan

Understood. I wasn't even aware of any drama.
Old 02-16-2012, 01:01 PM
Master Fan

Read and understood
Old 02-16-2012, 01:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks Jaje for the reminders.

Icon: Nikki
Old 02-16-2012, 02:36 PM
Moderator Support Team

Read and Understood

Tori
Old 02-16-2012, 10:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

thanks for the reminder!
Old 02-16-2012, 11:21 PM
Elite Fan

got it
Old 02-19-2012, 11:57 AM
Part-Time Fan

Understood
Old 02-20-2012, 02:43 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetxmisery (View Post)

Be respectful. Not everyone is going to agree with you at all times. It’s perfectly fine to disagree with someone as long as it is done respectfully, but do not attack other posters. Please treat other members with the same respect and courtesy that you would want for yourself.

Attacking & bashing fans/fanbases are not allowed. Also do no take every little disagreement as a means of attacking. Note that there is a difference. We won't get everybody to agree on something. Fans, like actors & writers, are real people too. We are all fans here. So please be respectful of each other - their opinions, likes and dislikes.
Thanks for this, Jaje. Word.
→Ash
icon