great video about there friendship

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QIgS_i96nY

09/11/01=NEVER FORGET RIP PAUL WALKER- CORY AND NAYA
Elodie"Aujourd'hui il va pleuvoir,mais demain le soleil brillera..."
Old 11-29-2015, 12:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maité (View Post)
Yeah the reason the frienship is so unbalanced is because Alex has had no real storylines. Though she could've been more supportive of the board seat.
I think she should been yes.
Old 11-29-2015, 01:15 PM
Part-Time Fan

I've always preferred them over Mere/Derek in the earlier seasons, without actually wanting them together on the show. I never believed Shonda would give them a real shot because of Mere/Derek. And I didn’t want Alex to be used and dumped for Derek. So I was happy with the friendship.

Now I wouldn't mind it, except I can't picture it at this stage. At the same time I’m strangely fascinated if it would be possible after all this years. Especially for JC end EP to make the switch and make it believable and passionate. I think it's been too long.
Old 11-30-2015, 03:56 AM
Master Fan

why i still post here, no one care of my post

Old 11-30-2015, 05:54 AM
Part-Time Fan

I don't want to shut anyone down but it makes me sad that this friendship thread - and that's what it is right now - can't just stay a friendship thread. Why do we constantly have to talk about the possibility of Meredith and Alex as a couple when they're basically like siblings? When both Ellen and Justin have said in the past that they're not down with Alex and Meredith becoming more than friends? When Shonda said that Alex feels responsible for Meredith in a brotherly way this season? And most importantly, when Alex is in a committed, serious relationship?

I think Alex is doing what Cristina was doing. She was like Mer's sister and he's like her brother. He's being a good friend to her. Yes, their friendship has become a bit problematic lately but just because her new person is a male now doesn't mean that Meredith should be with him. Sanrev said it, too much time has passed for romantic Merlex. It could've happened sometime in the earlier seasons but Meredith would've dumped him for Derek anyway. Meredith has had her love story with Derek for the past 11 seasons while Alex was constantly in the background, single most of the time, and even after 12 seasons has still not started a family on his own because the writers always neglect him.

But that's why I think he's allowed to experience that on his own now. Let's just completely ignore the fact that Merlex are like siblings, and also ignore Jo, and think of them actually being a possibilty. I think Alex deserves to be more than Derek's replacement, and let's face it, that's what everyone will see him as. He deserves to have his own kids. I'm honestly not sure if he'd be ready to be a father to three children that aren't even his. A loving uncle? Yes. But a father? Can't picture it right now. As much as he has matured, that is a huge deal that I don't think Alex is ready for. The thought of Jo, whom he has been dating for almost 4 years now, being pregnant scared him in 12x03. I think he only freaked out for a minute there and that he'd be ready to become a father should it happen, but the poor guy should be able to start off with one kid first, which should be his.

Meredith has experienced marrying the love of her life and starting a family with him. I want Alex to do the same. I've been watching since season 2 and after 10 seasons I want to see these things for him, too. For the majority of the seasons Meredith was in the most stable and loving relationship on the show and now, for the first time in 12 seasons, it's Alex who is.

I'm sorry if I sounded harsh. It's just that I think Meredith and Alex have been one of the best friendships on TV. A male/female friendship that has lasted for 9 years and 11 seasons on a show where everyone ends up sleeping with everyone that never turned into more. That's how platonic they are. I know Alex is the closest person to Meredith at the moment, and he's a guy and her friend who knows her better than most characters which makes some people think that if anyone Meredith should move on to him. But I think, even if we ignore that Alex is in love with Jo, that Merlex should be the one friendship on the show that should stay exactly that. And I think Shonda knows that and that's why I trust her that she won't ruin their friendship.

I know everyone is allowed to ship what they want but this whole <now that Derek is dead we all have to discuss if suddenly Meredith and Alex could be perfect for each other and are soulmates> thing that I've been seeing lately just makes me sad. For me there's just so much wrong with that. Alex having dated Meredith's sister and having married one of her closest friends are only two examples. I know some fans are more okay with the possibility of these two than others, but I as a huge Alex fan can't picture it for the life of me.

And to answer your question, Sanrev: Ellen has said that kissing Justin for the If/Then episode felt weird, like kissing her brother. I'm not quite sure but I think Justin wasn't a huge fan either. I really think these two wouldn't be comfortable with the idea of playing a couple after all these years and that it would reflect on the chemistry on screen.
Old 11-30-2015, 09:56 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryy89 (View Post)
I don't want to shut anyone down but it makes me sad that this friendship thread - and that's what it is right now - can't just stay a friendship thread.
The OP says: This thread is devoted to the friendship and potential for a romantic relationship of Alex Karev & Meredith Grey

And it's Shonda we are talking about, so everything is possible. See the awful Gizzie relationship.

And there are also Alex fans who aren't interested in Jo.

Last edited by Sanrev; 11-30-2015 at 10:18 AM
Old 12-01-2015, 09:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

I think if they decided to kill Jo off maybe
You never know
but I wouldn't mine Meredith ending up as a strong powerful woman raising her children
Old 12-05-2015, 02:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm not sure how I'd feel if they became romantic...

'People that are meant to be together always find their way in the end'
BrookeღLucas l EdwardღBella l RonღHermione l RyanღTaylor
avi: NOLA504
Old 12-06-2015, 04:29 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalaBridget (View Post)
You never know
but I wouldn't mine Meredith ending up as a strong powerful woman raising her children
No,just NO

Old 12-06-2015, 10:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

I doubt it but if the show goes on forever who knows
Old 12-23-2015, 02:48 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
You never know
Don't even... If Jo says yes, I can guarantee you that Jo will get killed off on their wedding day in the season finale! I was actually going to have Jo die in childbirth (she was pregnant in 12x03) so Alex could get together with Meredith. Yeah, bad, I know.
Old 12-23-2015, 08:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

If Jo dies I don't think Alex could ever be in a relationship again...
Old 12-24-2015, 04:58 AM
Master Fan

Jo will not be killed

Old 12-24-2015, 11:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maité (View Post)
If Jo dies I don't think Alex could ever be in a relationship again...
We thought Meredith wouldn't and they r bringing a new love interest
Old 12-24-2015, 05:45 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
We thought Meredith wouldn't and they r bringing a new love interest
This.

Of course, putting Meredith and Alex together after Jo dies would be even worse than putting them together now. Or hell, even having the paternity reveal of Ellie showing Alex's the father and not Derek!