Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-12-2015, 07:46 PM
Master Fan

Owen and Meredith

I am enjoying their friendship, there has been so many amazing moments in their friendship. you can see they care about each other,

I hope to see more moments in their friendship

Old 12-31-2015, 04:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I like their friendship but I hope they don't exclude Amelia too much TBH.
Old 12-31-2015, 08:05 PM
Ultimate Fan

I like their friendship too, but I want it to be more than "just because of Cristina" and I don't want them to exclude Amelia too much.
Old 12-31-2015, 09:29 PM
Master Fan

I agree about excluding Amelia. It's too bad that Owen had this big story with Cristina, such that his story with Meredith began first (by extension). It makes it hard Meredith or even Owen to share things with Amelia because neither of them have known her on a personal level for all that long.

On the other hand, I do think Amelia does play a role in being excluded. She is too hostile and confrontational about everything. Instead of waiting for Owen to come to her, she kept prying due to her own curiosity, which lead to her lash out at Meredith when she realized Meredith had knowledge she was hoping to acquire herself. That's damaging to her relationship with both Owen and Meredith.
Old 12-31-2015, 10:20 PM
Master Fan

The character of Amelia kind of got *****ed when she came over to Grey's. There's no happy ending for her on Grey's. Owen will always be portrayed to be in love with Cristina (even if that relationship was toxic). Though I still think James was *too* perfect for Amelia, but maybe she needed a spice of that. She probably would have been happier if she'd stayed with James, though it's not like we'll ever know what happened between Amelia and James in the year after PrP ended, since the writers were so vague about that (and intentionally so). Caterina is a fabulous actress, and I was thrilled about Amelia coming to Grey's at the time, but now I think Caterina's acting skills would be better utilized in other projects.

If Grey's stays on the air for much longer, it's going to have a LOST-like ending because that's the only way anyone will ever be happy. Though maybe the moral of the show is supposed to be there's no such thing as a happy ending. We all die alone, after all.
Old 12-31-2015, 10:25 PM
Master Fan

I absolutely agree about Owen not being her happy ending. He is still in love with Cristina, and this was clear when he told Amelia he wished Cristina had died on the plane, so she wouldn't leave him. Further, him confiding in Meredith rather than Amelia is another indicator of the fact that he has never really moved past Cristina. I truly do not think Amelia should continue to look for a relationship with Owen.
Old 01-01-2016, 08:25 AM
Master Fan

I'm not sure if Owen confiding in Meredith rather than Amelia means anything, really. Meredith regularly confided in everyone but Derek. Does that mean she never loved Derek?
Old 01-01-2016, 08:25 AM
Master Fan

dp
Old 01-01-2016, 08:54 AM
Ultimate Fan

I agree with Nicole on that Crowen was toxic. Cristina was never going to give Owen what he wanted and Owen was always frustrated with her shutting him off.

I think Meredith and Owen have that somewhat sibling-like relationship going (like we're supposed to believe Meredith and Alex have, that sibling-like bond) that may or may not be based on Cristina. Whatever it is, Owen feels comfortable enough confiding in Meredith.

Meredith loved Derek, but Cristina was always her person just like Meredith was always Cristina's person. It doesn't mean Meredith never loved Derek.
Old 01-01-2016, 09:40 AM
Master Fan

I don't think its the same thing. Amelia and Owen just began their relationship and their foundation is shaky. We watched him have a big love story with Cristina, even it was toxic, and he still references her from time to time. It's not conducive towards romance.
Old 01-01-2016, 10:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think it's easier to confide in Mer for him because he doesn't have any feelings for her. Telling Amelia would be much more complicated.
Old 01-08-2016, 11:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

It is nice Meredith toke owen side though against the new doctor.
Old 01-08-2016, 02:24 PM
Master Fan

I think some people do see it as an insult towards Amelia because it indirectly keeps Owen's relationship with Cristina alive when Meredith chooses to side with Owen and gives Amelia zero tidbits due to loyalty.

I don't think he didn't tell Amelia only because he has feelings for her and thus is afraid to share his insights. That might be part of it but I also think she has not exhibited good judgement herself in regards to how she treats Penny. They are actually in mirrored positions, Owen and Amelia that is, in the sense that they have to work with two people who they truly have a complex relationship with. However Meredith has a mirrored situation as well. Yet he saw Meredith try her hardest to teach Penny despite her resentments towards her. He might have been looking for someone stable and someone who wouldn't present with a similar confrontational perspective as his own.
Old 01-08-2016, 03:46 PM
Ultimate Fan

posterity... thanks for bringing up that good point! Another thing Meredith and Amelia have in common.
Old 01-10-2016, 12:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

I hope they mention Cristina soon