Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-19-2005, 07:02 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWalker
Driving used to freak me out.....still does sometimes. I'm the person in highschool who didn't care about learning to drive and getting my license. Of course I did though. I like driving, but not so much on the freeways/highways. Not to mention I'm horrible with directions. I do well though on my own......it's driving with other people that gets me a little nervous. I freak out for nothing though because I've never had a ticket or accident or gotten so lost that I couldn't find my way again. Finding my way in LA freaked me out alot when I first came out here. Scary! I still get lost half the time, but I've gotten over my fear. The freeway system just sucks out here so it's frustrating.......plus the crazy all day long traffic.

Robotica - You'll find the place you're meant to be when the time is right. That's cool you've been able to travel quite a bit. Thanks for sharing about your job. Teaching English overseas (in the future) would be cool. That's something I've looked into actually. I've always kind of wanted to live overseas for a couple of years. Yeah, you'll have to go into the 9/11 story when you have more time. I'm curious now.
Most of driving issues go back to even when I first started driving. Had a really bad driver's instructor that actually got to the point where he refused to teach me anymore, citing that I'd never be able to drive, and the list goes on.... After muddling around through this, I finally found a good and patient instructor who taught me the driving ropes and everything was fine for a while. Unfortunately, I was still a new driver and trying to catch onto things to a certain degree, and after a while had my first accident...for which I was blamed, though to this day I really don't believe it was my fault. Ended up getting a fine for an 'illegal left turn' (which was lame since I was stopped during the collision)... , and my parents insurance took the hit... Just managed to get over that, and had started driving again when I got in another accident about 18 months later, of which I assume a good chunk of the responsibility, though I was driving my brother's old car that had issues. Luckily, the other person involved decided not to report the accident, since it was rental car, but it bungled up my bro's car, and again hit the insurance. After this, I didn't even drive at all any more for a year or two. Was too paranoid... Finally, I opted to start driving again and went and took some refresher driving lessons, and started to improve. But once they were finished, I just got lazy about driving again due to a variety of reasons, and I'm still leery of it after all the above mentioned crap...and again, a lack of practice... Plan to start driving again slowly now...and I'm keeping my fingers crossed on it, cause as much as I don't like it, I know I'm going to eventually need it...

And yeah, I'm sure I'll figure out my niche with where to move eventually. It's just a matter of time... Only problem with travelling is that the more you do it, the more you want to...and it's a costly addiction... Eh, I don't mind sharing my whole job scope...as much as it's not really a job to be proud of imo... So far as the english overseas, you're thinking pretty much echoes mine...would be a great opportunity to see new and different things, and expand your world view. Plus, you'd get the reward of seeing someone learn something from you, which has to be a great feeling...

I'll definitely fill you in the 9/11 story in the next couple days..and if I forget feel free to me into remembering... Though the fact of being as separated from the issue as I was adds its own element to the story...

Howdy Andie! Good to see you...

And going for your PhD are you, Kate...? I wish you the best of luck with that, and I know you're dedicated, so I'm sure you'll get through without a hitch... Totally can't blame you for wanting to go to Europe after you finish up either....I've wanted to travel there quite a bit these past few years, and going through all that education, you totally deserve to reward yourself... I also know what you mean about travelling alone...it's not really fun, take it from somewhat who's done it several times...

Quote:
Holy crap. I actually think I did well on this midterm I just took. I may actually get a decent grade. I'll just have to wait until Monday, yes Monday, for my results. Ugh. I don't think I can wait that long!
I'm sure you did great, M...just try to relax...