Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-17-2007, 06:23 AM
Master Fan

Off Topic #21: If it were Canadian, it would have been legal 3 threads ago

We're on thread #21 now! I had to take out (Emerald City Bar) cause otherwise it wouldn't have all fit in the title.
Old 04-17-2007, 07:42 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdreamylover (View Post)
We're on thread #21 now! I had to take out (Emerald City Bar) cause otherwise it wouldn't have all fit in the title.
Love the title! Woo for being 19, Canadian, and able to drink legally!
Old 04-17-2007, 09:28 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Woo for beeing 18, German and able to drink legally for 2 years now^^

I just wrote my final maths exams this morning, 6 hours of maths and it's finally over. now I only have to write history exams on friday and do an oral exam in bilingual geography (so it's english and not german as usual) in may.

I am so glad, my majors are maths and english and my maths course is so boring and there are such jerks sitting there, they do all the weird "you can do if you really want to"-homework over the weekend and so on. just total idiots.

it is love
Old 04-17-2007, 12:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLena (View Post)
Woo for beeing 18, German and able to drink legally for 2 years now^^

I just wrote my final maths exams this morning, 6 hours of maths and it's finally over. now I only have to write history exams on friday and do an oral exam in bilingual geography (so it's english and not german as usual) in may.

I am so glad, my majors are maths and english and my maths course is so boring and there are such jerks sitting there, they do all the weird "you can do if you really want to"-homework over the weekend and so on. just total idiots.
Woo for being a Quebecer and not only being able to drink at 18 but also for not caring before that.
Actual Janet ~ Councillors Supporter #28 Let's call it hope
Old 04-17-2007, 12:58 PM
Extreme Fan

Ah, exam time. 2 down, 3 to go. I can't believe my first year of college is over in 8 days. Where did the time go!?
Old 04-17-2007, 01:49 PM
Elite Fan

Lena...still sounds like you have a good amount of stuff to go, but hey...at least you're finished with six hours worth of math exams...that has to count to for something...

I'm actually finishing up my last week of classes at the moment...and have a couple final tests next week before I'm finished college for the summer... Even though I have to work full time all summer, I still can't help looking forward to the mental break...
Old 04-17-2007, 07:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Congrats guys. I have school for the next four weeks, and then I get a week or two break and then 2 weeks of all French.
Old 04-17-2007, 11:25 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowgirl_cj (View Post)
Woot for being an American college student and saying screw the age limit!

*Lisa*
Old 04-18-2007, 09:32 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~ Janet ~ (View Post)
Congrats guys. I have school for the next four weeks, and then I get a week or two break and then 2 weeks of all French.
Awwww...

Quote:
Classic...
Old 04-18-2007, 10:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDreamy65 (View Post)

It's when someone starts smoking at 13 and you're not sure but they've probably been drinking since then too that you should be worried.
Old 04-18-2007, 06:47 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:

It's when someone starts smoking at 13 and you're not sure but they've probably been drinking since then too that you should be worried.
Hell, I think I know some people like that...feel rather bad for them in a way too...
Old 04-19-2007, 01:14 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Quote:

Hell, I think I know some people like that...feel rather bad for them in a way too...
Sometimes I am really shocked when I see 12 or 13 year old kids running around with cigarettes or alcohol.
Here in Germany they discuss a lot about the drinking restrictions and so on for young people because a 16-year-old died after a party because he drank too much tequila. I think it is ok to allow drinking beer from 16 on, and liquor and so on from age 18. On the other hand no one really cares about the laws and making them stricter would probably have no effect.

And I don't think that there is a big difference between a 16 year old, drinking a lot for the first time, overestimating himself and drinking too much and an 18 year-old drinking too much for the first time. With alcohol it's a lot about experience with most people. Almost everyone has those experiences with drinking too much.
What really pisses me off is the bartenders giving totally drunk teenagers more tequila and so on. They should know better.

it is love
Old 04-19-2007, 01:37 AM
Dedicated Fan

hahaha

WOOT for living in Ohio where everyone is drinking by Freshman Year....of high school

oh and woot for being 19!!!!

I thought I would share my woots with everyone
Old 04-19-2007, 09:21 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
What really pisses me off is the bartenders giving totally drunk teenagers more tequila and so on. They should know better.
Agreed...though it's not just them providing drinks to totally drunk teenagers that's the problem...just them serving up drinks to totally drunk and irresponsible people in general is bad news. Just not cool...*shakes head*

And I'm with you that them either strengthening or loosening up on age limits for alcohol consumption probably isn't going to do the trick...given that most underaged people end up finding one way or another to get a hold of the booze if they really want it...
Old 04-19-2007, 03:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotica (View Post)
I don't... well not with Jason. He's 17 now, and normally he's careful enough when he drinks. As for him smoking: I've threatened to tattle but found out that everyone knows he smokes, he's just careful not to smoke in front of his parents.