Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-02-2015, 04:58 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoddevoted (View Post)
Yeah, I hope it will be different this time and when people say they will stop watching they will. It's Derek, essence of the show after all. Everybody knows him, everybody loves him, he's GA. Slexie were loved but they were no McDreamy for most fans.

I don't really see the show without Derek. Like, is he going to be mentioned or not? He's like 50% of the show and it's too much not to be mentioned like with Mark and Lexie and everybody moving on eventually. I just don't see it, I can't imagine it. He's gotta be mentioned, right? But on the other hand there's no good way out of this- if they mention him it's going to be painful as hell and if they don't it's gonna be disrespectful and cruel. I just can't imagine them going either way .
I think I can handle a few Derek mentions, but if they put in flashbacks again, I don't know how well I can cope with it, it's too hard to know Derek is dead now
Old 05-02-2015, 05:08 PM
Master Fan

Personally I love the flashbacks.... I hope they'll keep including them forever whenever something reminds Mer of Der.
Old 05-02-2015, 07:43 PM
Addicted Fan

Old 05-02-2015, 07:55 PM
Master Fan

Old 05-02-2015, 10:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

Awwww awesome pic of PD

And then to know PD is only a 2 hour drive away from me today!!

Quote:
I honestly believe SR wanted to write a full cheating storyline with Derek and Renee, hence the sides for 11x13 that never aired and it was going to be a long arc. PD hated it and said no way.
I believe that to and knowing PD and what his thoughts were about MerDer he would refuse to play a cheating Derek I can totally see that he and Shonda had a fight about that subject. And to be face it it would have ruined the name McDreamy forever and I think PD didn't want that to happen so he choose to be fired then to play a cheating husband.
Old 05-02-2015, 11:31 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkxtwisty (View Post)
I honestly believe SR wanted to write a full cheating storyline with Derek and Renee, hence the sides for 11x13 that never aired and it was going to be a long arc. PD hated it and said no way.
that storyline would have made Derek an unlikeable jerk all the way through season 11, it would have shown that the trust issues Meredith and he were experiencing were 100% justified. I don't think there would have been a way to truly redeem the character after that.
It would have been too OOC. When Addison cheated on him with his best friend he said their marriage didn't exist any longer to him from the moment he found out, he refused to talk to Mark for like a year, he broke things off with Rose first after the house of candle to have a clear conscious. Moving to another city for his dream job - yeah that's something he would have done, but cheat on his wife who is taking care of their kids on the other side of the country isn't anything that fits his character as the only time he cheated it was with the woman he truly loved.

All those episode (The big pretender, the earthquake one, etc.) don't really make sense now as he came home, they talked about the allegded cheating (which was new) and it was never really discussed how they resolved all their other issues. The earthquake episode makes sense in the context of an extended cheating storyline, but this way it was making mountains out of molehills because nothing did happen and the phone call didn't make too much sense.

I believe he would have been home to make things work at the beginning of season 12, they would have been all happy before the 'mid season finale' he would have died (for whatever reason) the episode the show returns and the rest of season 12 would have been Meredith finding her own path through life.
Old 05-03-2015, 03:41 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I wouldn't be surprised :/. That's the way she is, she's ready to sacrifice entire 11 years for the sake of some stupid drama. But I wonder WHY ABC let her fire PD? They should have a say I guess? And great for Patrick for standing up for Merder and Derek, he's such a beautiful human being, I love him. And I am sad it costed him a job. Hopefully Ellen decides to leave soon.

I think Grey's fans should start a campaign against SR. Nothing brutal, just spreading the truth about PD's exit and her ways. There are millions of us and one of her. We are the reason she gets paid so we should definetely have something to say and ABC should take us into account.

"I've got one more chance to prove to you & everybody else...they bet wrong."- Wade Kinsella
Old 05-03-2015, 08:45 AM
Fan Forum Legend

aw I love that picture of Patrick. love how dedicated to racing he is
Old 05-03-2015, 08:48 AM
Master Fan

If they did have a big dispute over the storyline, PD probably was difficult to work with after and one thing led to another. It definitely sounds like they had intended starting the other woman storyline in ep 13 originally, from the sides.
Old 05-03-2015, 11:59 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
If they did have a big dispute over the storyline, PD probably was difficult to work with after and one thing led to another. It definitely sounds like they had intended starting the other woman storyline in ep 13 originally, from the sides.
This might make sense, have thought about whether PD, had agreed to Derek cheat to Meredith, because that had not already been Derek Mcdreamy and if Shonda had taken Killed DEREK had not generated much pain, because the fans, they would be hating Derek and so Shonda could have, put a new love interest for Meredith and the fans they would not be angry.

was logical that PD do not allow that Shonda , stain his character that way.

I think Shonda had it all planned, to leave Derek him as an infidel and kill ,so the side of 11x13 It was for 11x17.

Shonda wanted to make that Derek cheat to Meredith and thus being able to kill him .
Old 05-03-2015, 12:39 PM
Master Fan

I don't think Shonda planned on killing Derek this year. He died this year because of a fallout she had with PD.

I do believe he would have died next year regardless.

Ep13 side was Derek and an assistant talking about Amelia's surgery with Herman. I think Derek was originally supposed to be involved with it, but Shonda suspended PD because of bts drama.
Old 05-03-2015, 02:08 PM
Loyal Fan

Lol @ Shonda trying to put the blame on Patrick. You are not whitewashing yourself Shonda, not this time.

"I've got one more chance to prove to you & everybody else...they bet wrong."- Wade Kinsella
Old 05-04-2015, 08:00 AM
Addicted Fan

Old 05-04-2015, 11:58 AM
Master Fan

He looks sooooooo good!

Icon by Jaje
Old 05-04-2015, 03:06 PM
Master Fan

He looks mighty fine...