Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-02-2015, 08:33 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellojojo123 (View Post)
For me, I'd rather see Mer dies and sees Derek in heaven, because if it does show that Derek is alive and has just disappeared, then this would devastate Mer, and she would be a total destroyed person, and I believe Derek wouldn't do that to Mer.

Just know that the petition won't change a thing, but at least show them the power of Derek and MerDer, hopefully, we will get to see Mer reuniting with Derek in the series finale.
Well yes anything goes but the scenerio you just described. He would never ever do that to Mer. I would love for them to make it all a nightmare or imagination. Like when in 11x21 Mer imagines coming to the hospital and seeing Derek alive and lying in bed with him, I would love for them to go back to that exact moment and reveal this is how it really went down. And then Derek dying and 11x22 is just Mer's imagination. This would be perfect and a very creative move. And the best thing is they can do it whenever. They can go 2 seasons with this scenerio and then go back to that moment and say it was all just a nightmare. Of course it is far fetched and unrealistic but they had a whole seaons of Izzie and Denny having ghost sex because of her tumor so I am sure they can come up with something. I could live with the show being unrealistic rather than the show with dead Derek.

Yes I know the petition won't likely change a thing but like you said, I want them to know the power of Merder and Derek. I am really curious about the ratings tho.

"I've got one more chance to prove to you & everybody else...they bet wrong."- Wade Kinsella
Old 05-02-2015, 09:11 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkxtwisty (View Post)
I teared up at all the flashbacks. And my favorite scene from 2x15 felt like the longest flashback...and then they placed Grace.

"I don't want my mother to die alone."

Meredith isn't alone...she has three beautiful children. Then they played the scene from season 6 where Derek told Meredith he didn't want her to be alone if something happened to him.

He got his wish. She's not alone.

TBH it feels like Shonda has always intended on killing Derek, no matter what she says. (I just don't think she planned on killing him this season. I think she planned on killing him next season or in the series finale).
It kind of feels like it but I kind of hope it wasn't the case. Well at least part of me does. This decision seemed so rushed to me. Derek didn't even get a proper send off. IMO, if it had been planned they would have hired Kate Walsh, Sandra Oh, those actresses who played Derek's mom and sisters. Had it been planned, Derek would have been given a proper funeral ceremony and things would have looked different. It looks like PD had done something to piss SR off and she decided to repay him by writting him off the show. SR had known for an entire season Sandra was leaving and managed to give her a proper farwell so we know she's capable of doing so. Everything surrounding Derek's death felt like he was a regular but a minor character. I loved Mark but he wasn't a core of the show and thus I understood the way it went down with him. Same with Lexie. And Derek didn't even get their kind of treatment. It feels so weird because he was as important as Meredith and I would even risk saying he was more important than Christina. Christina's friendship with Mer and her importance to the show is why SR decided not to kill the character IMO. And this is also why I think something must have happened BTS. Just look at Christina's send off and at Derek's. He's been greatly mistreated.

Now I agree she might have intened to kill him later on, it's definetely possible since she's Shonda and she's cruel. But I don't think that's the case TBH. I think this is just some thing that Derek said because he truly didn't want it for Mer. I don't think it was a foreshadowing, he was just trying to convince her to have a baby. This is what it feels like to me.

"I've got one more chance to prove to you & everybody else...they bet wrong."- Wade Kinsella

Last edited by hoddevoted; 05-02-2015 at 11:23 AM
Old 05-02-2015, 09:35 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoddevoted (View Post)
Well yes anything goes but the scenerio you just described. He would never ever do that to Mer. I would love for them to make it all a nightmare or imagination. Like when in 11x21 Mer imagines coming to the hospital and seeing Derek alive and lying in bed with him, I would love for them to go back to that exact moment and reveal this is how it really went down. And then Derek dying and 11x22 is just Mer's imagination. This would be perfect and a very creative move. And the best thing is they can do it whenever. They can go 2 seasons with this scenerio and then go back to that moment and say it was all just a nightmare. Of course it is far fetched and unrealistic but they had a whole seaons of Izzie and Denny having ghost sex because of her tumor so I am sure they can come up with something. I could live with the show being unrealistic rather than the show with dead Derek.

Yes I know the petition won't likely change a thing but like you said, I want them to know the power of Merder and Derek. I am really curious about the ratings tho.
For the rating, I think it wouldn't be that much of a difference between this and last week's episode, because there might be people who want to see how Mer cope with the death of Derek. Hopefully next season's or next 2 episodes will go down hill.
Old 05-02-2015, 09:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

We are all in pain still.

Daddy for the third time! Imagine how happy he would be for his little girl he was so happy asking Meredith for another baby in ep20

Icon: Nikki
Old 05-02-2015, 10:44 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellojojo123 (View Post)
For the rating, I think it wouldn't be that much of a difference between this and last week's episode, because there might be people who want to see how Mer cope with the death of Derek. Hopefully next season's or next 2 episodes will go down hill.
Yeah, I hope it will be different this time and when people say they will stop watching they will. It's Derek, essence of the show after all. Everybody knows him, everybody loves him, he's GA. Slexie were loved but they were no McDreamy for most fans.

I don't really see the show without Derek. Like, is he going to be mentioned or not? He's like 50% of the show and it's too much not to be mentioned like with Mark and Lexie and everybody moving on eventually. I just don't see it, I can't imagine it. He's gotta be mentioned, right? But on the other hand there's no good way out of this- if they mention him it's going to be painful as hell and if they don't it's gonna be disrespectful and cruel. I just can't imagine them going either way .

Old 05-02-2015, 10:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Yeah, I hope it will be different this time and when people say they will stop watching they will. It's Derek, essence of the show after all. Everybody knows him, everybody loves him, he's GA. Slexie were loved but they were no McDreamy for most fans.

I don't really see the show without Derek. Like, is he going to be mentioned or not? He's like 50% of the show and it's too much not to be mentioned like with Mark and Lexie and everybody moving on eventually. I just don't see it, I can't imagine it. He's gotta be mentioned, right? But on the other hand there's no good way out of this- if they mention him it's going to be painful as hell and if they don't it's gonna be disrespectful and cruel. I just can't imagine them going either way .
The question in ratings is next season. They are still using Derek and what happened in the promos and stuff and it still fresh. People want to see the aftermath. What's going to happen in the finale is the question to make them tune in for next season... Derek/Patrick is a big loss. When he was in DC.. we knew he was coming back, and the hope. Now there's none of that.

He better be mentioned as much as possible. Especially Meredith talking to the kids about him. That's a must.

Old 05-02-2015, 10:57 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShepherds (View Post)
The question in ratings is next season. They are still using Derek and what happened in the promos and stuff and it still fresh. People want to see the aftermath. What's going to happen in the finale is the question to make them tune in for next season... Derek/Patrick is a big loss. When he was in DC.. we knew he was coming back, and the hope. Now there's none of that.

He better be mentioned as much as possible. Especially Meredith talking to the kids about him. That's a must.
I've just found out 11x22 lost 810k viewers to 11x21. It's good enough, isn't it? Sorry, I am sorta new to this ratings thing, especially with such big numbers. I only know 0.6 is pretty good when it comes to some CW shows lol.

And I am Karolina btw, nice to meet you . I am almost 20 and (suprisingly lmao) I want to be a surgeon, ever since I was 10. Actually I am just about to go to university .

Old 05-02-2015, 11:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I've just found out 11x22 lost 810k viewers to 11x21. It's good enough, isn't it? Sorry, I am sorta new to this ratings thing, especially with such big numbers. I only know 0.6 is pretty good when it comes to some CW shows lol.

And I am Karolina btw, nice to meet you . I am almost 20 and (suprisingly lmao) I want to be a surgeon, ever since I was 10. Actually I am just about to go to university .
There was less viewers yes, but right now it doesn't matter like I said.

I'm Grati. Nice to meet you. I love your icon, I shipped Zade alot, at least one couple with a happy ending...

Old 05-02-2015, 11:12 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
There was less viewers yes, but right now it doesn't matter like I said.

I'm Grati. Nice to meet you. I love your icon, I shipped Zade alot, at least one couple with a happy ending...
I see, it's still nice to know people decided to quit watching. Hopefully it will continue and make SR and ABC realize how much of a mistake they've made.

Thank you! And you did? Awesome, HoD is my other favourite show and yeah great for Zade. I wish MerDer got their happy ending . HoD is exactly how every show should go down. There were so many times I was mad at LG but she's brilliant compared to SR.

Old 05-02-2015, 11:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

I will watch the Meredith scenes though and follow her story.

She is.. even though it was frustrating at times, the pay off was amazing.. and a happy one. I still can't believe MerDer ended this way.

Old 05-02-2015, 11:33 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I will watch the Meredith scenes though and follow her story.

She is.. even though it was frustrating at times, the pay off was amazing.. and a happy one. I still can't believe MerDer ended this way.
Same here. I will definetely look up her scenes on YT, as well as Amelia's. Maybe I will try to rewatch some earlier episodes. The problem for me is that I am also really into the medical stuff and the high they get out of it but now I don't feel like watching anymore episodes.

Yeah, I was extremely frustrated with her most of the time but I totally changed my mind in season 4. I've realized she's an amazing writer when she has a clear vision of what she wants out of the show and doesn't get into stupid love triangles. She did a great job and I can honestly say that after watching the last episode you can go back and rewatch all the episodes and it will make sense. I had been really unfair to her at times. And yeah the pay off was amazing. It was more than we could ask for and it was even better than we had expected imo. And it's such a shame it's the way it is for MerDer. I had truly thought they would never be one of those couples. I had thought SR wouldn't dare touch any of them. And frankly I am surprised she did. I still firmly believe something must have happened BTS and being a nutjob that she is she decided to write Patrick off the show which doesn't make sense since he had signed a cotract so he wasn't going anywhere.

Old 05-02-2015, 11:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

It's definitely BTS stuff, that ended everything this way.

The cast/crew can't even say his name. Like seriously? WTF happened??

She deleted the p d tweet

https://twitter.com/pompsnlove/statu...93973843202048

Old 05-02-2015, 11:42 AM
Master Fan

I guess he's now He Who Must Not Be Named to the cast and crew...
Old 05-02-2015, 11:44 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
It's definitely BTS stuff, that ended everything this way.

The cast/crew can't even say his name. Like seriously? WTF happened??

She deleted the p d tweet

https://twitter.com/pompsnlove/statu...93973843202048
It's crazy. Look at Sandra's/Christina's farwell and at Patrick's/Derek's. He wasn't treated as a lead of any kind but rather a regular but minor character. I can't wrap my mind around it. SR is cruel. And this is crazy they are not allowed to talk about him. And the message that Ellen tweeted didn't seem like something she would write. I don't believe Patrick wanted to go this bad he would want Derek to be killed off. And he's engaging in another acting projects so I doubt this was the case. AND he had signed a contract. It seemed like he really loved GA even though he had his racing dreams. Also, SR didn't even say a thing about his departue. It looks like she must really hate him. I shouldn't be surprised after what happened with Chyler but it's PD for ****'s sake.

Old 05-02-2015, 11:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

He wasn't treated with respect at all.. it's disgusting, that's why I am scared they will introduce a love interest for Mer next season. Cause with the way things went with Derek/PD. Shonda is that cruel.

Patrick signed a contract and I never believed he would break it, no matter how much he loves racing, he always balanced it.. it was def. BTS stuff, since no one tweeted about him. And we know he told Shonda not to kill Derek off. For the fans and the show. But no of course..

Looks like they are being warned and watched on what they tweet.