Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-30-2015, 02:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

McDreamy {Patrick Dempsey / Derek Shepherd} #98: Because Derek is BACK!!!!!!!!

b i o g r a p h y
Dempsey was born and raised in Lewiston, Maine.
He first appeared on stage as David in the San Francisco production of Torch Song Trilogy.
Other early stage work included On Golden Pond for the Maine Acting Company, the international
touring production of Brighton Beach Memoirs, directed by Gene Saks, and The Subject
Was Roses at the Roundabout Theatre in New York. He also took the stage in The Pasadena
Playhouse run of The Importance of Being Earnest as Algernon Moncrieff.

MORE
f a n l i s t
1 - 130
131. naturellebella
132. SaRaBonesPortugal
133. MovieManiac
134. B.Chambers
135. Soledad91
136. cheriee
137. Peyt4Luke4eva
138. wowwowgabbzy
139. karevluvsstevens85
140. ces't moi
141. Maité
142. stellicidio
143. silver reflection
144. MeriDeri
145. TheShepherds
146. JaSam4Life
147. merderforeva
148. franciscamay
149. juliakr
150. DUHsoTK
151. ellenspompeo
152. Mer_Der_luv
153. darkxtwisty
154. ShippingMerDer
155. gladluvgrey
156. bellarkes

ask to be added
i m a g e s
r e a s o n s
1. Because no one can lean better than he can.
2. Because it's all about his hair.
3. Because he is our McDreamy!
4. Because he is a sugar Daddy.
5. Because we can't resist his smile!
6. Because he is a talented actor!
7. Because he's the Sexiest Man Alive!
8. Because he gives us lots of pictures to drool on.
9. Because he brightens up your day when you see a video/photo of him.
10. Because he makes so many girls crazy about him!
11. Because nothing compares to Patrick!
12. Because he is a wonderful person.
13. Because he has the lips of an angel.
14. Because he is aging well!
15. Because he is a sexy guy with a great body!
16. Because he can play with our anatomy anytime!
17. Because he is the sexiest dad alive!
18. Because they way he looks at you makes us melt.
19. Because he has the soothing voice of an angel.
20. Because he is an excellent dancer.
21. Because he has worked hard to get where he is today.
22. Because the older he gets, the hotter he gets!
23. Because he goes to the gym 4 times a week to keep in shape!
24. Because he can take us for a ride anytime!
25. Because he has the cutest laugh ever!
26. Because he has a sexy stubble.
27. Because he has a "look".
28. Because he's "McDreamy" in real life too.
29. Because he rides his bike in spandex!
30. Because he looks smokin' hot in Versace!
31. Because he's always trying to have fun!
32. Because he looks really good with sunglasses.
33. Because "he's worth it"!
34. Because he has his own cologne.
35. Because he only lets his wife cut his hair.
36. Because he looks hot in a racing suit!
37. Because he wears Calvin Klein boxers.
38. Because he has a little pot belly.
39. Because he has a cute scar on his forehead.
40. Because he looks great in a tux.
41. Because he stands up for women everywhere.
42. Because he's the new spokesperson for L'Oréal.
43. Because he can finally say "Because I'm worth it"
44. Because he always appreciates the job he has.
45. Because he cares about people.
46. Because he cries at the drop of a hat.
47. Because he lives and breathes for his kids.
48. Because he opened a cancer center in Maine.
49. Because he acts like a little boy at the race track!
t w i t t e r

○ Hey guys- just figuring this whole twitter thing out. What do you guys think I should tweet?

○ I just got out of the 40 share a little sunshine Mazda rx8 22 hours to go , running 39th, back in mid night . Time to eat

○ Had a great late afternoon ride , gotye making mirrors played helping me along

○ @shondarhimes what ?what did I do?the lion eat Meredith

○ Hi I am back From the dead !

○ Very happy with the team p5 ! New car new team, well done boy!

more tweets and pics
q u o t e s
One day my 3-year-old daughter said, 'You're very handsome, Poppy.' That was the best compliment ever.

Patrick is the kind of guy who rolls out of bed and is adorable and sexy without effort. ~ Katherine Heigl

I knew from the moment I saw her[Jill] that I had a connection to her I couldn't quite describe.
I thought she was absolutely beautiful and had amazing eyes.

He's gorgeous, he's got a great body, and he's got damn fine hair! ~ Ellen Pompeo

The first time I was successful, when I was in my 20s, I was never comfortable with my success.
Not that I'm so comfortable now, but I realize that it's a day-to-day process and I'm a work in progress.

Patrick is just wonderful. He's a great guy. We have a great time working together. ~ Kate Walsh

In real life defining romance is very tricky. It's not just candles and flowers. The secret to keeping the spark alive?
The eyes. I was always taken by them. They're warm, sparkly eyes. That's the most beautiful part of someone.

I'm just enjoying life more than I ever have. I've worked hard to get to this point in my relationship and my career.
I understand how fortunate we are to have the phenomenon that's happening with Grey's Anatomy.
I'm trying to enjoy the moment while it's here and be able to provide for my family,
so that I can step away and enjoy raising them away from all this. For me, being a dad is the meaning of life.

- Patrick on his popularity affecting his wife -
If someone acts inappropriately or suggestively towards me, it grates on her. I mean, I'm a married man
and the last thing you need in that situation is to be considered a sexy individual.
I'm trying to just have a calm family life, to make my marriage work.

- Patrick on racing -
It's a very Zen experience. You're so in the moment. For me, it's the only place where I really can relax
and calm down.

- Patrick on opening a center for cancer patients in Maine -
Celebrity in itself is not that fabulous, but if you can use it to help make a change, it's great.
Maine is part of the core of who I am, and I want to give back to that community.
My mom is not a person who talks about her feelings a lot, but I think she's quietly very proud of me.

- Patrick on his good looks -
I look in the mirror and wonder what they're all seeing. If anything, I see what
I don't like about my face.

" it's a beautiful day to save lives."
s t i l l s

v o i c e o v e r s
- Ask most surgeons why they became surgeons and they usually tell you the same thing.
It was for the high, the rush, the thrill that comes from cutting someone open and saving
their life. For me it was different, maybe it was because I grew up in a house with four sisters.
No, definitely because I grew up in a house with four sisters because it was the quiet that
drew me to surgery. The operating room is a quiet place. Peaceful. It has to be in order
for us to stay alert, anticipate complications. When you stand in the OR, your patient open
on the table, all the worlds noise, all the worry that it brings disappears. A calm settles over
you, time passing without thought. For that moment, you feel completely at peace.

Ask most surgeons why they became surgeons and they usually tell you the same thing.
The high, the rush, the thrill of the cut. For me it was the quiet. Peace isn’t a permanent state.
It exists in moments. Fleeting. Gone before we knew it was there. We can experience
it at any time, in a stranger’s act of kindness, a task that requires complete focus or
simply the comfort of an old routine. Everyday we all experience these moments of peace.
The trick is to know when they’re happening so that we can embrace them, live in them.
And finally let them go. (6x07; Give Peace a Chance)

- We ask a lot of our patients. We put them to sleep. Cut them open. Poke around in
their brain and guts with sharp instruments. We ask for their blind trust. Irony is, trust is
hard for surgeons, because we're trained from day one that we can't trust anyone but ourselves.
The only instincts you can count on are your own. The only skills you can count on are
your own. Until one day, you leave the classroom and step into the O.R. You're surrounded
by others, a team of others. A team that you have to rely on whether you trust them or not.

Which is why I felt it was important to personally come in here and apologize. I am neither
pro nor anti merger. From this point on, everyone has a clean slate. I am not focused on
the past. I'm looking to the future to all the promise this hospital has to offer. I plan to
honor Richard Webber and his legacy, not undo it, which is why I'm both humbled and honored
to be your new Chief of Surgery. (6x13; State of Love and Trust)

- The human life is made up of choices. Yes or no. In or out. Up or down. And then there
are the choices that matter. Love or hate. To be a hero or to be a coward. To fight or
to give in. To live. Or die. Live or die. That’s the important choice. And it’s not always in
our hands.

The human life is made up of choices. Yes or no. In or out. Up or down. And then there are
the choices that matter. Love or hate. To be a hero or to be a coward. To fight or to give in.
To live. Or die. Live or die. That’s the important choice. And it’s not always in our hands.
(6x24; Death and All His Friends)

- Researchers are currently working on a map of the human brain. It may be the most
complex map ever created. Billions of neurons making trillions of connections. At first glance,
they seem completely random. But there's nothing random about them. All these connections
have to happen in a specific pattern. It is designed for a function. These connections determine
everything about us: what we love, what we hate, what we say, what we do.

We know that every connection matters. Every connection is crucial and when one is broken,
it usually means that the damage has been done. This system of connection compels us to act,
choose and behave... sometimes seemingly against our own will, but it is not random at all.
It is the map of who we are. We will work to understand ourselves... solve the puzzle of how all
the connections work and how all the pieces fit. (10x06; Map of You)

m o m e n t s
q u o t e s
- Do you know what kind of miracle it is? That Derek is who he is? he's still an optimist.
He still believes in magic and soulmate. (Denny; 3x17)

- I know your loss. I lost my father when I was a kid. Two guys killed my father for his watch
right in front of me. Right in front of me. I didn’t become a doctor because I wanted to be God.
I became a doctor because I wanted to save lives. Look at me. Please look at me in the eye.
I’m a human being. I make mistakes. I’m flawed. We all are. Today, I think for you is just
a mistake. You want justice. You want somebody to pay. You’re a good man. I can see
that in your eyes. Can you see it in mine? Can you? (6x23)

- And just for the record? I am your knight in shining whatever. (3x15)

- You were so little. I think that's what I've always wanted all this year, you just to stay… little
and quiet and safe. But you're not any of those things. You're loud and fearless and that
scared the crap out of me. How am I supposed to call you and tell you that I've been shot?
I can't tell you about my pain. I don't want you to know that the pain exists. (7x03)

- Don't peg me. I'm not peggable. (2x11)

- It comes faster when I push it. (5x05)

- Lots of hair. Too many women. Likes elevators and long walks on the beach.
(Bailey; 3x11)

Icon: Nikki

Last edited by QueenMeredith; 04-08-2015 at 11:32 AM
Old 03-30-2015, 02:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Post Away!!!

Old 03-30-2015, 03:35 PM
Master Fan

Tftnt

Icon by Jaje
Old 03-30-2015, 04:29 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Patrick Dempsey

Tftnt

derek shepherd | charmed | borrowed heaven | 💚 𝓳𝒶𝒿𝑒
Old 03-30-2015, 07:23 PM
Master Fan

Gotta love that since last season the ferryboat scrubcap is BACK!

Icon by Jaje
Old 03-30-2015, 07:33 PM
Master Fan

He looks so happy to be back, though. When was the last time Derek looked so happy?
Old 03-30-2015, 07:46 PM
Master Fan

Truly happy? When Bailey was born even if that came with him being very very afraid of losing Meredith...he had some moments in S10 but they were kind of fleeting...

Icon by Jaje

Last edited by gladluvgrey; 03-30-2015 at 08:05 PM
Old 03-30-2015, 07:58 PM
Master Fan

That's what I was thinking, but he does look genuinely happy in the promo with Owen and Amelia. I think he means it when he says he's not gonna try to steal her job...
Old 03-30-2015, 08:09 PM
Master Fan

Maybe he is back to mend all those things he was doing wrong and that actually were making him unhappy and be angry all the time. He does need to find himself too...he said in epi 7 that he didnt knew who he was anymore...maybe in the process of proving to Mer that she is his everything he will find himself too...his will to save lives...he said at some point that surgery wasnt enough anymore and so the brain mapping was his answer...maybe he needs to find that too...

Icon by Jaje
Old 03-31-2015, 05:49 AM
Master Fan

Though I really hope Patrick wouldn't endorse texting and driving, nor would the show. He's on his phone in the pic, which worries me. Hope that's not part of the scene, but at the same time.... It doesn't look good for an actor to promote phone use while driving. :/
Old 03-31-2015, 08:48 AM
Fan Forum Star

He looks really happy, it's been a while since I saw him like this. He looked really depressed this season especially in ep7 even admitting he doesn't know who he is anymore..

Old 03-31-2015, 08:49 AM
Master Fan

dp
Old 03-31-2015, 08:49 AM
Master Fan

I think he's genuinely trying to make it up to Mer and the kids. Maybe we'll see Bailey next episode. Maybe next ep is the one with 3 dream house scenes and Baby Bailey...
Old 03-31-2015, 08:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

That's what I thought, if those 2 new scenes are from next episode, than there's two and we might see BB finally!

Old 03-31-2015, 08:58 AM
Master Fan

Wouldn't be the first time they aired scenes from future episodes, though, and there's still the Derek saying, "I don't want to make the same mistake again" scene that never even aired. :|