Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-23-2014, 07:34 AM
Addicted Fan

Yeah, if they want to have a usual brotherly relationship, this issue will necessarily be addressed. I hope so.
Old 12-23-2014, 08:21 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Maggie is not a lesbian, let´s make this point clear.
Says who? You? What's wrong with her being a lesbian? Personally, I don't think there are enough lesbian/bi characters on the show. There's nothing wrong with her being a lesbian or bi.

Besides, her sexuality hasn't been identified, so we don't know. It's safe to say she COULD be bi or lesbian. It's possible Kelly McCreary doesn't know her own character's sexuality if it hasn't been identified to her yet. Shonda doesn't give her actors/actresses a background on their characters when they sign up to play on her shows.
Old 12-23-2014, 11:00 AM
Addicted Fan

Although I do not have anything against, particularly, I think Calzona or even the failed relationship of Callie and Hahn filled the theme homo relationship. But recognize that there are few available men.
Old 12-23-2014, 12:06 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkxtwisty (View Post)
Says who? You? What's wrong with her being a lesbian? Personally, I don't think there are enough lesbian/bi characters on the show. There's nothing wrong with her being a lesbian or bi.

Besides, her sexuality hasn't been identified, so we don't know. It's safe to say she COULD be bi or lesbian. It's possible Kelly McCreary doesn't know her own character's sexuality if it hasn't been identified to her yet. Shonda doesn't give her actors/actresses a background on their characters when they sign up to play on her shows.
My arguments are valid, to the point, based on the actual actress´s words in her interviews and what she previewed for the episodes to come, read my previous comments in this thread.

Once again, Maggie is not a lesbian or bisexual. Nothing more to add.

If I were Rhimes, I would be ashamed as nobody else in this world to give the actress the same kind of storyline she had on Emily Owens regarding her sexuality. I would think Rhimes is more talented than copying one role in a show with just a different title.

Last edited by DrMeggiePierce; 12-23-2014 at 12:11 PM
Old 12-23-2014, 08:31 PM
Master Fan

My points are very much valid. Shonda is not copying Emily Owens MD if she makes Maggie a lesbian. Emily Owens is a Grey's knock off!

There are only two gay/bi regulars on the show. That's a fairly small percentage considering the longetivity of the show. I'm not counting Hahn, since she wasn't there very long. Same with Leah. They're hardly relevant for story purposes.

I only have straight OTPs, personally, but I have nothing wrong with a character being homosexual or bisexual because I like to have realistic representations of my world represented on TV.
Old 12-26-2014, 08:49 AM
New Fan

My arguments are valid, Maggie is not a lesbian neither a bisexual.

Everyone can believe whatever they want, I see relevant points and use evidence so there is this truth I believe in.

Last edited by DrMeggiePierce; 12-26-2014 at 08:59 AM
Old 12-26-2014, 11:02 AM
Master Fan

There are no relevant points that suggest Maggie is straight or bi or lesbian. Heck, maybe she's asexual. There's never been an asexual character on this show. I would love to see that explored now! In fact, I can't think of a show asexuality has been explored on. Not one that I've watched, anyway.
Old 12-26-2014, 11:20 AM
Master Fan

I think it's realistic that there are only two queer characters on the show. In a society that is overwhelmingly heteronormative, it makes sense.

What is unrealistic is that all of the queer characters are women. Do they think the audience would find it more visually pleasing or tolerable if they were women rather than men? Why aren't there any homosexual male characters on television? Why does their need to be another woman?
Old 12-26-2014, 12:29 PM
Master Fan

HTGAWM has lots of gay sex, from what I've heard.

Grey's problem is there are soooo many females. Maggie should have been a boy IMO. Heck, there are only five guys on this show.
Old 12-26-2014, 01:32 PM
Master Fan

I agree with the fact that we have too many females on the show. That's why there are too many triangles. Not enough males for the women to have distinct love stories.
Old 12-27-2014, 03:48 AM
New Fan

There are relevant points coming straight from the actress who reads the scripts ahead of 1108, plays the scenes and knows who her character is romanticwise.

Maggie is a straight woman.

Besides, the key plot for the first half of the season is to get Maggie bond with Meredith and Richard, find her footing in the new hopsital as the head of cardio, make friends, not to jump in bed with men. That is not her priority. She has some decency, some self-awareness, her life does not revolve around hooking up with and hunting for men.That is not the only thing that gives meaning in her life, that is the vibe I get from this character and that is what the actress who portrays her highlights in her interviews.

She is like a breath of fresh air in the surroundings where everyone deals with their personal issues at work, makes it affect their work, washes their dirty private laundry almost in front of the patients. She is different. Plus she has no personal baggage, all she brings is peace and joy.

Last edited by DrMeggiePierce; 12-27-2014 at 04:11 AM
Old 12-27-2014, 03:53 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by posterity (View Post)
I agree with the fact that we have too many females on the show. That's why there are too many triangles. Not enough males for the women to have distinct love stories.
This is the problem the show has, I mean it´s too feminised, no equal substitution of regular male and female cast. The only reason writers keep it like that is to create stupid artificial triangles like in cheap soap operas.

The writers are not interested in developing distinct love stories, they are not able to write a man/woman love relationship, the only one they can do fairly well is MerDer, that sums it all up. Maybe April and Avery come second,but that is all.
Old 12-31-2014, 07:11 AM
Fan Forum Star

Wonder if they will give her a love interest.
Old 01-04-2015, 05:20 PM
Elite Fan

I like Maggie as she is at the moment. There's enough ships on the show right now. I can't see the point in her getting one for the sake of it.

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 01-05-2015, 10:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah I don't think her character needs one right now. But maybe a friend.