Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-19-2014, 09:41 AM
New Fan

Owen was originally in love with Teddy during their time in the army, as he told her after she told him she was waiting for him and his fiance to split up. So there was a "thing" there, it just never got to happen but there was a definite potential if he hadn't started a relationship with Cristina already.

Indeed Callie being bi, I think I prefer her as a lesbian and to think of her last male lover to be Mark (I say "lover", more sex buddies ).

I don't think they'd turn Steph bi, I think she's just going to be a third wheel. Would be nice to give her an actual storyline. Plus, they aren't "allowed" to due to the new policy of the hospital, unless they wait until Steph becomes an attending to establish this relationship. Or be bad asses and break the rules anyway..
Old 12-19-2014, 09:53 AM
Master Fan

That policy has already been forgotten, I'm sure, just like it was in season 4. Obviously it didn't stop Alex and Jo. And I definitely wouldn't put it past the writers to turn Stephanie bi. They didn't hesitate with Leah, after all.

I don't actually want Stephanie to have a storyline, I just want her and Maggie in a relationship and have it quietly off screen. Though I need for Stephanie to gtfo out of Japril's relationship. I'm not a Japril fan, but even I find it annoying how she's just a thirdwheel. She needs to get her own storyline or get off the show, imo. If she's connected to Maggie, then by default she's connected to Mer. It's a way they can loop her in with the main character.
Old 12-19-2014, 10:14 AM
New Fan

I'm pretty sure they mentioned that policy when Hermann was caught going at it in the toilets with the OB by Arizona? :L

They might not want to be repetitive with turning people bi - Callie/Erica/Leah. It's happened quite a few times!

Yep, Steph needs to go or have an actual storyline. Either a storyline with Maggie or maybe this new trans patient that's coming in to it may be a love interest, for either of them!
Old 12-19-2014, 10:34 AM
Master Fan

I don't remember it being mentioned? If it was it was so subtly I didn't notice it.

It's not really that repetitive, I mean it's only been done 3 times. That's not that many times considering the show's been on the air 11 seasons. It's one of the more realistic things they've done. A lot of my friends have recently become openly bi.
Old 12-19-2014, 10:48 AM
New Fan

Yeh, it is one of the most realistic things that happens in the real world. The bi episodes only started from season 5 so techinically only 5 and half seasons worth so far so it might be too much for 5 seasons worth?

Maybe Maggie does actually already have a lover but hasn't told anyone yet? Back home in Boston and then they come in to it later on? No one knows anything about her past so this could be her romance storyline, just at a later time.
Old 12-19-2014, 10:52 AM
Master Fan

I really don't think it's too much in 5 seasons considering bisexuality is rarely a subject that's touched on television, and I think it's good that Grey's is one of the few shows that deals with the reality of it and puts some of the stereotypes to bed. Overall, I think they've done a decent job with Callie. If anything, I would think there would be more (as long as people don't start jumping out left and right bi. It would be unbelievable if, for example, Meredith revealed she was bi).

Pretty sure Maggie has no lover. She was pretty clear about that to Amelia. "You're preaching to the choir."
Old 12-19-2014, 11:09 AM
New Fan

What counts for me is that Owen not only meaning McNeils thanked Maggie for bringing him/them peace, he was clearly not only talking about the family but himself.Maggie has the power to bring Owen peace which he needs to find himself again after Cristina left him.

I think they would be perfect, but also the actress pointed out she is not sure Maggie would start something with her boss (that is why it might have seemed the scenes with them in 1102 were more or less workwise but beneath it there are more layers, one can feel it from both), it only shows Maggie does not want to climb the career ladder or get some work benefits through jumping in the bed with her boss, she has some morale (not like Amelia who basically openly flirted with her boss just to get him in bed as she said she misses sex like crazy in 1102 and we all know what she wants to be "people" with Owen for).
Maggie seemed very very shy with Owen. The one scene with Bailey and Jackson where she sort of made fun of the board, you see Owen smiling at her. I´m just disappointed they shared no words in 1107, where both Maggie and Owen were together in 3 or 4 scenes, sharing no words. Weird! Again in 1108 both were just props to put MerDer´s conflict into the final face-off.

Maggie is definitely not a lesbian, the actress as per one TV interview said the show needed more men as there are a lot single ladies WHO LIKE MEN out there - counting Maggie in as well as a woman who likes men. And she also said we would learn more about Maggie´s relationship history in the episodes to come,I think either 1110 or 1111 and I believe her story will unfold with a patient case. I think it will be something sad, either unfulfilled love or unrecruited feeling she had for a man or due to her shyness she let a man she loved go or never even told him how she truly felt.

One thing is her show where the actress portrayed a lesbian on Emily Owens (as I have read somewhere or heard in an interview, can´t remember), but the other thing is this is a different show and a different character, no actor can be put in a box for once playing a gay or lesbian to play the same kind of role for the rest of their career. That is nonsense.

If writers are actually on the pursuit of creatively surprising the viewer, this is the right couple to do it with. Plus the always nice funny respectful dynamic between Owen and Richard, what a powerful storyline it would be to get Maggie in between both men.

Last edited by DrMeggiePierce; 12-19-2014 at 11:43 AM
Old 12-19-2014, 11:10 AM
New Fan

Yeh I suppose. It's a shame Maggie didn't get to meet Lexie. May not be her half-sister but she could have asked for guidance from Lexie about revealing herself to Meredith the right way.
They should bring Molly back into this, the forgotten other half-sister of Meredith's.
Old 12-19-2014, 12:10 PM
Master Fan

The actress said in an interview that Maggie would need to look in another pool for a relationship. I took that as in a pool that doesn't involve men.

Since when has Grey's surprised viewers? I've predicted 90% of the show. And even though I watched it later, I never looked up spoilers when I was watching it for the first time, because I wanted to be 'surprised'. The biggest surprise, to me, throughout the whole series was the Derek wanting to move to DC this season. I thought he'd wait until the end of season 12 to want to move since we knew E&P are signed until the end of S12, so that's why it came off as a surprise even though we knew obviously they wouldn't move.

I like being surprised, but this is one thing that I wouldn't want to be surprised about... sometimes it's better to follow the more practical route, and Amelia and Owen is more practical than Maggie and Owen.
Old 12-19-2014, 12:14 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
it only shows Maggie does not want to climb the career ladder or get some work benefits through jumping in the bed with her boss, she has some morale (not like Amelia who basically openly flirted with her boss just to get him in bed as she said she misses sex like crazy in 1102 and we all know what she wants to be "people" with Owen for).
Did I miss something here? I'd rather have Maggie with Owen than Amelia too, but that is NOT what Amelia was saying to Owen in 11x08 at all. Yeah, her comments to Maggie in the angio lab (or whereever that was) weren't very work-appropriate, but more than anything I think she was trying to break the ice with Maggie so she could talk to her about Meredith. Owen and Amelia might end up together but I feel confident that it won't be for Amelia to get ahead, or to retain her position but I guess we'll have to see.

If Amelia 'misses sex like crazy', and didn't have any morale, she would have jumped the gym guy who clearly would have jumped her, probably Maggie too, but they both wanted the guy to know their name at a bare minimum.

I noticed the interaction between Owen and Maggie with the McNeils and I liked that too, and would rather the writers go in that direction but ... When Owen was doing his on-line profile with Cristina he did say that he wanted someone who knew pain, and so far we don't know enough about Maggie's story to know if that's the case. Maybe she has, or maybe that isn't important anymore.
Old 12-19-2014, 12:26 PM
New Fan

Yes, but Owen also said he wanted kids in his life, but he willing to give that up for Cristina (which she wasn't willing to let him do). So the whole pain thing can be forgotten.
But yet again, he said he wants someone who knows pain, in which Amelia does with the whole alcohol and drug addiction..
Old 12-19-2014, 12:28 PM
Master Fan

No, Amelia wouldn't use Owen for her own benefit. She's not that type of person at all. It's Owen who pursued Amelia in 11x08. He didn't have to check up on her. He didn't have to do that, but he did. She'll be hesitant about starting a relationship with anyone, so Owen will have to pursue her...

I didn't feel anything with the McNeils. Just a boss talking to his employee. No biggie. There was no chemistry other than that.

Owen described Amelia in his online profile to Cristina.
Old 12-21-2014, 11:08 AM
New Fan

This is Maggie Pierce´ appreciation thread.

I like this character, and I hope writers develop her story well, when it comes to her love interest, I hope it will be Owen. For a demanding viewer, this would be a creative storyline concerning what their personalities are made of and how they can complement each other, if the writers give her another love interest,maybe a patient, or a man comes to the hospital from her past, I will also welcome that.

Maggie is not a lesbian, let´s make this point clear.

Let´s hope Shondaland won´t bring up a dark story in this newbie´s character history.

It might seem odd, but I expected she would be a single mother or something like that. That would have been really appealing. She had a fantastic rapport with Zola in 1102. She seems fantastic dealing with kids. I hope we see her more in MerDer´s house,e.g. helping Zola with her hairstyle.

Last edited by DrMeggiePierce; 12-21-2014 at 11:17 AM
Old 12-22-2014, 08:27 PM
Addicted Fan

Grey’s Anatomy Season 11: Will Maggie Ever Learn About Lexie? | Grey's Anatomy | Wetpaint
Old 12-22-2014, 08:46 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Patrick Dempsey

I'd like her to know about Lexie's existence

derek shepherd | charmed | borrowed heaven | 💚 𝓳𝒶𝒿𝑒