Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-20-2016, 08:11 AM
Master Fan

George was not sexually attractive, in a conventional sense. I think it was realistic that Meredith was not attracted to him. I also think it was unrealistic that Izzie was. So when they had sex a second time and she realized it wasn't all she had hoped it would be, it made sense to me. He was a great guy, but I would be more inclined to believe he was great as a friend than a boyfriend.

I don't think Sarah or Jesse would want to say there for too long. They are both young, and therefore might want to try something different. But I also think GA will not last as long as Shonda is hoping. While it has not experienced the dip in ratings that people anticipated, each season it loses a million viewers. It is now around the 7 million mark.

I think April is the last likely to decide she is a bisexual/lesbian. I think she would never told it against anyone for having those feelings, since she is close to Arizona, but I doubt that she would actually be into exploring a same sex coupling for herself.
Old 04-20-2016, 09:19 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by posterity (View Post)
George was not sexually attractive, in a conventional sense. I think it was realistic that Meredith was not attracted to him. I also think it was unrealistic that Izzie was. So when they had sex a second time and she realized it wasn't all she had hoped it would be, it made sense to me. He was a great guy, but I would be more inclined to believe he was great as a friend than a boyfriend.
I hated the Izzie Sl because there was no chemistry there. I think the Meredith Sl was Ok. George had a chemistry with Callie,also with Lexie, but he got pushed around. and they didnt explore those Sls because the writers gave it to Mark. So i totally understand why the actor left( same thing happened with MArk and now with Alex). But it was gain for me because i love more his female version April.

" If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,
And—which is more—you’ll be a Man, my son. "
Old 04-20-2016, 09:34 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:

I don't think Sarah or Jesse would want to say there for too long. They are both young, and therefore might want to try something different. But I also think GA will not last as long as Shonda is hoping. While it has not experienced the dip in ratings that people anticipated, each season it loses a million viewers. It is now around the 7 million mark.

I think April is the last likely to decide she is a bisexual/lesbian. I think she would never told it against anyone for having those feelings, since she is close to Arizona, but I doubt that she would actually be into exploring a same sex coupling for herself.
Yes I agree George was not "sexy" I just didnt like the way they treated him, like he was disposable. Especially since he ruined his marriage for Izzie.

I suppose you are right about the ratings. though are they still good enough to validate continuing? i dont think so personally because the story lines are getting more and more boring. I really couldnt give a rats behind about Baily and Ben and their drama, Maggie, I fond Owen and Amelia dont hold me, nor do any of the other characters. I find Deluca somewhat intriguing however and would be interested in seeing him in a sexy relationship...

Basically If Jackson or April left, I would stop caring about the show.

I cant imagine Shonda, a woman who is quite business savvy in my opinion, would be silly enough to just let the show die when it could instead finish on a higher note. But that was why I was discouraged when I learned they are continuing to next season, but perhaps they are going to bring in new characters? (I remember with Scrubs they tried that but it didnt work but we shall see, most new characters take take to establish interest from the audience)
Old 04-20-2016, 12:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think the actors are happy to have a stable job and as long as it is there they will stay.
Old 04-20-2016, 12:31 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
The guy Meredith slept with this season.

I think George and Meredith was worse because she felt so pathetic about their sex, she cried right in the middle of it.
I totally forgot her crying in the middle or right after. It was so cringe worthy.
Old 04-20-2016, 12:45 PM
Part-Time Fan

The declining ratings for other Shondaland shows makes me nervous, because ABC might put pressure on Shonda not to end GA at an appropriate time, even though right now it sounds like she and Ellen have come to an agreement to only do a couple more years.

As far as Jesse goes, I think being on a high-profile show is probably beneficial to his activism. Also if he is getting into things like producing and making documentaries, he's going to need $$$. If the actors know beforehand that the show's coming to a definitive end, I think there's a good chance he stays.
Old 04-20-2016, 01:27 PM
Part-Time Fan

I still enjoy watching the show. I feel as long as fans still support it and the cast, writers and producers are still motivated to continue there is no need to end the show. Obviously it's not the craze it was before but there is still support. I just think abc is selling their soul to shonda but her train is running out of steam. While greys and scandal are fine the rest of her shows are on life support and she has another one (toast) in development. If she would stop trying to rule abc with a million shows and just focus on the two that are successful maybe they can thrive again.
Old 04-20-2016, 02:09 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by serving wench (View Post)
The declining ratings for other Shondaland shows makes me nervous, because ABC might put pressure on Shonda not to end GA at an appropriate time, even though right now it sounds like she and Ellen have come to an agreement to only do a couple more years.

As far as Jesse goes, I think being on a high-profile show is probably beneficial to his activism. Also if he is getting into things like producing and making documentaries, he's going to need $$$. If the actors know beforehand that the show's coming to a definitive end, I think there's a good chance he stays.
I agree about Jesse, I think if someone wants to support their activism the dumbest thing to do is take themselves from the spotlight. You only get more people paying attention to you if you are an actor or something similar.
Old 04-20-2016, 03:21 PM
Master Fan

I agree about Shonda being greedy. She should stop adding so many. Its making it so that none are quality. I think she worries that when scandal and grey's end she will have nothing.
Old 04-21-2016, 10:02 AM
Part-Time Fan

I wonder if we're getting at least one scene tonight
Old 04-21-2016, 10:04 AM
Dedicated Fan

I hope so. I think we will be on the backburner next few eps
Old 04-21-2016, 10:07 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovebug84 (View Post)
I hope so. I think we will be on the backburner next few eps
I think we will get more April and Arizona. I am fine with it. But i think we will get really short scene with them , because next 2 episode we wont get any scene.

" If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,
And—which is more—you’ll be a Man, my son. "
Old 04-21-2016, 10:48 AM
Master Fan

I am more than okay with being in the backburner since when Japril was in the thick of things, it was negative and not at all positive.

I think Calzona will carry the drama into the season finale. Them and to an extent Ben and Bailey.
Old 04-21-2016, 12:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by serving wench (View Post)

I had no idea Shonda shows were not doing so well in ratings
Old 04-21-2016, 01:27 PM
Dedicated Fan

well, didnt How to Get Away with Murder only have like 12 episodes this season?
I dont really watch the show but I do enjoy watching the Connor/Oliver scenes on youtube