Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-06-2007, 11:11 AM
New Fan

I undersdand this show is seperate from GA. But still, I kind of felt the spin off was... I dunno, slower? Even for a regular, non-GA-related show. Slower and sort of filled with a lot of emotional problems. Everyone, even Cooper (who's dating seemed to be meant as something funny) had a deeper problem. I don't understand how some are considering it lighter than GA.

Pete's wife is dead and causes him to have relationship problems, Naomi and Sam got married without being in love and missed out on chances for other things, Violet doesn't beleive in her own profession and had a failed relationship, the young receptionist guy is interested in someone who doesn't want him, and Cooper can't find a serious girlfriend 'cause he fears rejection. Can someone point out the lighter side to me? I want to enjoy this show, and I'll def. give it a chance, but I just want to see what those who liked it saw. (Oh, aside from those of you who are having issues with couples or characters on GA currently )

On the otherside, liked the elevator and the possible Cooper/Violet ship. But I did find it sort of odd that everyone from the clinic is single. Six characters and not one is in any sort of relationship? I dunno much about these things, but an entire clinic without a significant other, even outside of the office, seems a little off. Not impossible, but off.
Old 05-06-2007, 04:36 PM
Elite Fan

I loved Violet! Amy Brenneman is awesome! I hope that it gets picked up!
Old 05-08-2007, 12:18 PM
Extreme Fan

Well I thought the show was brilliant. I love Cooper & Violet, and OMG how sexy is Pete, is he played by a british actor, I'm sure I have seen him in something & it is driving me mad!!

Can't wait for this show to start & really hope it keeps all the characters we were introduced to
Old 05-08-2007, 12:56 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Seth's_Secret_Sister*~ (View Post)
and OMG how sexy is Pete, is he played by a british actor, I'm sure I have seen him in something & it is driving me mad!!
It's Timothy Daly, he's an american actor
Old 05-08-2007, 11:40 PM
Part-Time Fan

I liked it --- I think --- I will watch it because duh Kate Walsh, but I am torn as to my feelings about it.
Alex: If you went missing ... I'd notice.
Icon by Holly1985
Old 05-09-2007, 07:00 PM
SR2
New Fan

I'm not sure if this was mentioned already but does anyone know what song was playing when all the three female leads (sorry can't remember their names except addison) were waiting and watching dell come in? i think it was also in the promos. I would really appericate it. thanks!
Old 05-09-2007, 08:42 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR2 (View Post)
I'm not sure if this was mentioned already but does anyone know what song was playing when all the three female leads (sorry can't remember their names except addison) were waiting and watching dell come in? i think it was also in the promos. I would really appericate it. thanks!
I can't remember offhand what that song was, but I'm sure it'll be listed over at ABC.com under the Grey's Music Guide...
Old 05-10-2007, 05:47 AM
Part-Time Fan

When will we know if PP will be coming on air next tv season as a show?? I can't wait to hear it from officiel source !

greetz Dennis !
Old 05-10-2007, 06:01 AM
Extreme Fan

I really really like this spinoff very much.
Hoping Privat practice will really become a tvshow for good.
If it will no doubt I will watch it and I'm quite sure I will watch it instead of GA 'cause from the beginning of season 2 of GA I'm only watching it for Addison and as if PP will be she won't be anymore in GA ...
Best female characters : Lorelai(Gilmore girls),Claire(Outlander),Scarlett(Gone with the Wind),Kahlan(Legend of the seeker),Miss Parker(The Pretender),Katniss(The Hunger games),Bones(Bones),Bree (DH),Root (POI),Spencer(PLL),...
Old 05-10-2007, 06:54 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenniiZ (View Post)
When will we know if PP will be coming on air next tv season as a show?? I can't wait to hear it from officiel source !

greetz Dennis !
The official announcement will be made on May 15 during ABC upfronts.

However, this has me a little more hopeful. Kate on Ellen

Icon by Suz
Old 05-10-2007, 09:47 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinAddisex (View Post)
However, this has me a little more hopeful. Kate on Ellen
Now that basically confirms it for me...especially at the end there where I think he says, "Wow, this is a gonna be an interesting contract negotiation." If that's what he's saying then we really don't need anymore proof IMO. Then again, I think they knew they were going to pick it up all along probably even before it aired. Thanks for the link!
Old 05-10-2007, 05:18 PM
Elite Fan

Have yet to watch the link you guys are talking about from Kate's appearance on Ellen, and was at work when the promo was on, but from what you're all saying, it seems all but confirmed that PP will be picked up for next season. Have to admit, I kind of saw that one coming...even before the pilot episode ever aired... Good for Kate though...I have to admit that I'm very happy for her... Still on the fence in terms of whether or not I'll actually be a regular viewer of the show at this point though...
Old 05-10-2007, 08:13 PM
SR2
New Fan

Thanks Robotica
Old 05-10-2007, 08:24 PM
Addicted Fan

I really want this spinoff to be picked up. I want to see Addie not tied to her past and happy.
Old 05-10-2007, 11:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hey guys Haven't seen this pilot, can't wait. All I had seen was ONE critic, and it was not the good kind, bu then I came here and saw you guys'positive feedback, so now I'm all hopeful again I've never been a huge fan of GA, but I absolutely adore Addison and Kate Walsh!