Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-24-2015, 06:41 PM
Elite Fan

I just finally caught up on Greys season 12 and I hated it. I had heard that there was a sad ending and I accidentally got spoiled so I wasnt in a rush to see it, but it was seriously awful. This whole season... Shonda could have atleast gave us a good ending season with lots of great episodes instead of all the crappy.

Of course I bawled to. I've always loved MerDer and they were the best thing ever. I had to start rewatching the show from the beginning just to see some goodness of them. again.
Old 08-24-2015, 07:05 PM
Master Fan

Yep, Shonda destroyed her own show. Nothing good can come from this, really. I hate when people say, "It won't be the same," because that's a given. Anytime a show has a major cast change, it's not the same. But that's not even in the issue here. The magic is gone. The reason I started watching is gone. Sure, the show has gone through many cast changes through the years, but I didn't start watching for George or Izzie or Cristina. I started watching for MerDer, and more for Der than Mer, really. Patrick was the only face I recognized when I first watched, so he was the major draw for me, and the MerDer chemistry was like a drug.

It's impossible to get a 'high' off of watching Grey's Anatomy again. Only seasons 1-10, and really only seasons 1-9, since there were so few MerDer scenes in season 10. The few scenes they had were good, though. Ellen and Patrick could make a 5 second scene magic though.
Old 08-24-2015, 11:21 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkxtwisty (View Post)
It won't be believable if Meredith loves another man ever.
Derek did say if he died he would want her to move on and to not be alone, and while people do find love again, I hope Mer stays single.
Old 08-25-2015, 12:29 PM
Master Fan

Umm he never said he wanted her to move on. He said he wanted her to not be alone, which is why he wanted to make a baby. She has her children; she doesn't need a man. Besides, wasn't the whole problem Shonda was trying to portray last season was that Meredith couldn't balance a relationship, a career, and motherhood? She doesn't have time for a relationship.
Old 08-26-2015, 12:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

Ellen and Patrick were magic together, since the very first scene. No one can compare to what they had.

I don't want Meredith with another guy. But this is Grey's, of course it's going to happen at some point - no character is ever alone for too long on the show, plus it will get people to talk.

Icon: Nikki
Old 08-27-2015, 05:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShepherds (View Post)
Ellen and Patrick were magic together, since the very first scene. No one can compare to what they had.

I don't want Meredith with another guy. But this is Grey's, of course it's going to happen at some point - no character is ever alone for too long on the show, plus it will get people to talk.
ّI think even if there is someone Derek shadow will always be there
Old 08-30-2015, 01:25 AM
New Fan

Quote:
It won't be believable if Meredith loves another man ever.
Eh. I have to imagine it's happened quite a few times IRL

Not that it would stop SR anyways.
Old 08-30-2015, 05:35 AM
Master Fan

People fall in love after their spouse dies, but Derek was the first person to ever love Mer, and it took her so long to open up to him. It's unrealistic if she just moves on and doesn't think twice. She hasn't even been with anyone else since season two. If she were to be with someone else, it'd be like her and George. I could see her crying during sex.

But I really don't care what happens next. Maybe an apocalypse can finally come to Seattle and they all die.
Old 08-30-2015, 10:50 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah right kill off Meredith and the kids too

Icon: Nikki
Old 08-30-2015, 07:45 PM
Master Fan

The show can take place in the afterlife.
Old 08-31-2015, 12:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
The show can take place in the afterlife.
Do not give her more ideas
Old 08-31-2015, 02:13 PM
Master Fan

well it's not like Shonda has many left
Old 09-01-2015, 02:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
well it's not like Shonda has many left
she may do it have GA after life
Old 09-02-2015, 08:48 PM
New Fan

Quote:
People fall in love after their spouse dies, but Derek was the first person to ever love Mer, and it took her so long to open up to him. It's unrealistic if she just moves on and doesn't think twice. She hasn't even been with anyone else since season two. If she were to be with someone else, it'd be like her and George. I could see her crying during sex.

But I really don't care what happens next. Maybe an apocalypse can finally come to Seattle and they all die.
Very good point, I didn't think about it like that
Old 09-03-2015, 02:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

I hope they show us pics of Derek even though he is dead.