Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-25-2015, 08:35 AM
Master Fan

I just want to know the original outline for this season, but we will probably never know. My guess is they were going to spend more time on the MerDer cheating storyline, which isn't good either if Derek was originally going to do more than kiss Renee...
Old 05-25-2015, 08:56 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Patrick Dempsey

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigolillies (View Post)
I really don't know what kind of message they want to transport... When you have everything you want enjoy it for a second because it won't last long and after that live still goes on... what kind of message is that? and overall I'd say the message is you can't be a happy & strong woman if you are married because all those marriages end in divorce/death and if you are a dad you are likely going to die too.
THIS

derek shepherd | charmed | borrowed heaven | πŸ’š 𝓳𝒢𝒿𝑒
Old 05-25-2015, 09:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigolillies (View Post)
I got an amazing job in the first job interview I had after grad school, so I'm in my happy bubble right now (and I have the irrational fear that my husband has an accident every time he leaves the house (thank you for that Shonda!) ), but I still start to cry every time I read something about dead Derek in fics (gets worse if Zola, Bailey or Ellis are mentioned)...
I really don't know what kind of message they want to transport... When you have everything you want enjoy it for a second because it won't last long and after that live still goes on... what kind of message is that? and overall I'd say the message is you can't be a happy & strong woman if you are married because all those marriages end in divorce/death and if you are a dad you are likely going to die too.

I watched the three episodes after his dead and was annoyed how little they actually dealt with Derek's death and the grief. Amelia was in denial for like 9 months, all we get to see of Meredith is her starring into the void in E22 on like 3 occasions and giving birth. The voicemail call was the icing on the cake there... rub it in... he wanted to be there in the future but he's never coming back... so let's dance it out
Imagine next season no Patrick in the cast promo pics, in the credits, especially the icing on the cake will be a new love interest for Meredith. Cause you can't not be involved with someone on this show. I want to ''move on'' but how can you after 10 years of loving this couple? I am doing something and suddenly I remember no MerDer anymore, no happy ending and Ellen/Patrick working together and I get depressed all over again.

Preach it.. I don't get it all.. is that supposed to be a positive message? Cause it's not.. it's crap!! What's so great about Mer's journey? That everyone she loved left or died, and now she's a single mother of three and moving in again in the house of her childhood? I truly wish we'll get Ellen's real thoughts on this whole thing. The same real thoughts on how much she hated the Mertina friendship and the person crap. But we'll probably won't. This is her job and I'm sure ABC/Shonda are up on her and on what she says [The tweet that was so Shonda/The upfronts]

Icon: Nikki
Old 05-25-2015, 10:52 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShepherds (View Post)
The same real thoughts on how much she hated the Mertina friendship and the person crap. But we'll probably won't. This is her job and I'm sure ABC/Shonda are up on her and on what she says [The tweet that was so Shonda/The upfronts]
I liked the wild drinking/partying friendship with Sadie a lot better. It was believable that she had a friend like that in college/med school and it was also believable that they drifted apart once their ways parted. It was a friendship that was centered around partying and forgetting about the problems.
I really don't get what any grown married woman could like about the 'my person' concept (it was okay while Mer started working in the hospital and wasn't in a committed relationship with Derek). It's nice to have a friend who gets you, but once you are married you should stop running to 'your person'/best friends to discuss all your personal problems because your spouse should be 'your person' (except if he/she is in the middle of the problem you are trying to discuss).
Old 05-25-2015, 11:12 AM
Fan Forum Star

And I hated what they tried to do with Mer/Alex this season. They had an awesome friendship cause they weren't toxic like M/C.

I loved the ''Patrick and I talk about how Meredith should go to her husband, he should be her person'' it was an interview in season 9.

Old 05-25-2015, 11:33 AM
Master Fan

Shonda probably got mad at her for saying that.
Old 05-25-2015, 11:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

Since for her that's the love story

Old 05-25-2015, 02:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Patrick Dempsey

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShepherds (View Post)
And I hated what they tried to do with Mer/Alex this season. They had an awesome friendship cause they weren't toxic like M/C.

I loved the ''Patrick and I talk about how Meredith should go to her husband, he should be her person'' it was an interview in season 9.
I rwmember loving that so much
They're not enough
Jenღ Icon by jaje
Old 05-26-2015, 09:32 AM
Fan Forum Star

The good days.

Old 05-26-2015, 03:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Patrick Dempsey

When Mer's snoring was their biggest issue

Old 05-26-2015, 03:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

In regards to Grey’s Anatomy and it’s heartbreaking fate, it broke the consistency of the show.

Yes, we saw many loveable characters die on the show, and it made people shed buckets of tears on the regular. But, there was one constant element that both began the show and remained throughout the show: Meredith and Derek. It was something that remained lit, happy, and unrealistically cherished despite all the events surrounding it.

By breaking that, the consistency broke. A show that revolved around a couple that represented the epitome of unrealistic unconditional love, one that people cherished, was broken and shook the show to it’s core.

Some may want a quick vacation from life, and some may want something that represents reality to the best of it’s ability. But, we can all agree, that maintaining the basis of a show is key.

What Can You Really Expect From TV?

Old 05-27-2015, 06:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Patrick Dempsey

Good read.

Old 05-27-2015, 08:27 PM
Master Fan

On point...even if sadly there's nothing else we can do, just rejoice in all the articles that agree with us...

Icon by Jaje
Old 05-28-2015, 09:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

I love to read all the articles still pissed about this. There's nothing we can do.. but it's a good feeling we're not alone in this but people in the media too..

Old 05-28-2015, 06:29 PM
Master Fan

Yeah, me too. It's something...

Icon by Jaje