Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-26-2014, 02:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

I truly hope this is the beginning of the journey for them this season.

It was fate or whatever, they had to be together. My MerDer post.

Icon: Nikki
Old 09-26-2014, 05:04 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Patrick Dempsey

He means well with the decision but just like Jen said. In trying to avoid making a mistake he created another one. The most being he can not unilaterally make a decision like that on his own. Without consulting Mer. Not this one. It is a decision that affects all of them. I think that is what i dont like the most in the eppy. Not the 20 second scene cause hell we should have been used to it. And like Nicole said last night, the bulk of this episode is about them. Especially their cases. As for talking to the others, no problem with it really tbh. Sure it would be easier for them to just sort this out themselves off the bat but where is the story in that.

derek shepherd | charmed | borrowed heaven | 💚 𝓳𝒶𝒿𝑒
Old 09-26-2014, 05:29 AM
Master Fan

Derek needs to stop making lone wolf decisions. Even Arizona discussed the new fellowship with Callie first. Why can't Derek talk things over with Mer before making a final decision? He took the job without talking to her. He quit without talking to her. Two big mistakes.
Old 09-26-2014, 05:52 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Patrick Dempsey

Both were because he doesn't wanna be away from Mer and the kids. The thought of being absent - it scares him. I think that is the bottom line.

derek shepherd | charmed | borrowed heaven | 💚 𝓳𝒶𝒿𝑒
Old 09-26-2014, 07:31 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetxmisery (View Post)
Both were because he doesn't wanna be away from Mer and the kids. The thought of being absent - it scares him. I think that is the bottom line.
That's actually very sweet that it scares him and I know he meant nice but he really needs to learn to talk things through first. I really don't get why people don't understand Mer's reaction to that. They think she reacted wrong and should've been more thankful. I totally get why she reacted this way. Can't wait to see how it continues. He'll definitely move some time

Old 09-26-2014, 07:46 AM
Master Fan

Some people are saying that Derek values family over work and won't resent Meredith, contrary to Meredith's belief. It's true that he's always valued his family, and he's always been the one to step down in the end. Episode 5 and now here too. The difference is Meredith isn't going to let him step down this time. Though, does she really think they'll be better off with him away from the kids? She can't really want that, either.

Ugh, they have so much to talk about. They need to talk to EACH OTHER now that they've bounced thoughts off other people. I do feel Meredith isn't thinking about what's best for the kids at the moment. Derek is thinking about his family, whereas Meredith is only thinking about their careers.
Old 09-26-2014, 07:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yes, they need to talk TO EACH OTHER, it's not hard... I guess when they do, it will explode like it did in the finale, I can see it being episode 4.

Old 09-26-2014, 08:01 AM
Master Fan

Things will probably stew in episodes 2 and 3, then they'll blow in episode 4. Then again, maybe Meredith does change her mind about moving and decides she wants to after finding out the truth about Maggie. Anything is possible at this point.
Old 09-26-2014, 08:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm sure there will be something in e2 and 3 to explode big in ep4. Anything is possible at this point. From Ellen's pic it's definitely someone moving/packing with a bare bedroom.

Old 09-26-2014, 08:24 AM
Master Fan

Well, we know they at least have one scene together in ep2, and Derek actually sounds really proud and happy in the promo. Weird that he's introducing Maggie to Meredith, though.

At least they're eating lunch together as a family. If only Bailey is there too or he's at least accounted for even if he's not there.
Old 09-26-2014, 08:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

Maybe Derek and her had a scene earlier bleh.

I love they are eating as a family, we never saw that!

Ratings News - 26th September 2014 | Spoilers good ratings.

Old 09-26-2014, 08:32 AM
Master Fan

Way better than I expected!

Really, I felt like that episode was better than all of season 10. The cast felt "connected". Last season there was a sense of disconnection, and I didn't feel that in this episode. It helped that everyone was socializing with each other.

Though, I'm confused about who knows what now. Everyone seemed to know about MerDer's fight and Alex was the only person Mer told. I guess Jo probably told Stephanie and Alex probably told someone. The gossip mill travels fast.

Richard won't be able to keep his secret for long. Amelia will know it's Maggie by next episode, I bet, and I suspect she'll put two and two together. It won't be an easy secret to keep... and Derek and Maggie and Meredith have a scene. That's bound to be awkward.
Old 09-26-2014, 08:35 AM
Fan Forum Star

I sure liked it than most episodes of s10.

Old 09-26-2014, 08:36 AM
Master Fan

All the Meredith was a plus. The good thing about this Maggie storyline is it gives Meredith lots to do.

We even saw a good amount of Derek!
Old 09-26-2014, 08:40 AM
Fan Forum Star

I LOVED LOVED the flashback, what a great opener, one of the best openers in a long time. Hope all that amount of Mer will be most season.

Glad we had good amount of Derek too