Jenღ Icon by jaje
Old 09-25-2014, 09:43 PM
Master Fan

Tftnt

Happy the show is back!!!

Icon by Jaje
Old 09-25-2014, 09:57 PM
Banned

i don't know where the writers are going with this, but I don't like it. Mederidth is being completely unreasonable. She agrees to go with Derek one second, then changes her mind out of nowhere. Derek chooses to her over his dream job and she pissed off with him because of it? I just don't get it? Does she want her marriage or not?
Old 09-25-2014, 10:05 PM
Master Fan

Meredith isn't being unreasonable. She doesn't want either to resent each other. If anything, she's being perfectly reasonable. It's not an easy fix. I like that they're showing this. I think they're going to go through different scenarios. She said she couldn't go to DC because she would resent him, and he couldn't stay because he would resent her.

It's not black and white. Meredith doesn't see things in black and white. That's why she's beautifully conflicted.
Old 09-25-2014, 10:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkxtwisty (View Post)
Meredith isn't being unreasonable. She doesn't want either to resent each other. If anything, she's being perfectly reasonable. It's not an easy fix. I like that they're showing this. I think they're going to go through different scenarios. She said she couldn't go to DC because she would resent him, and he couldn't stay because he would resent her.

It's not black and white. Meredith doesn't see things in black and white. That's why she's beautifully conflicted.
I think I'll stand by my original assessment. She's being unreasonable. This situation is not that complicated. She wanted to stay in Seattle, he decided to turn down his dream job for his wife. Why not just let that be the end of it?
Old 09-25-2014, 11:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkxtwisty (View Post)

PREACH!!!

And if it solved quickly.. there would be no drama for them.. and I'm ready for the ride. Can't wait for episode 4 looks big for our bbs I think especially the.pic Ellen shared is for this episode.

Icon: Nikki
Old 09-25-2014, 11:17 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by japrilrebelfan17 (View Post)
I think I'll stand by my original assessment. She's being unreasonable. This situation is not that complicated. She wanted to stay in Seattle, he decided to turn down his dream job for his wife. Why not just let that be the end of it?
The problem is they've argued about this, and Derek has gone around for months saying this is an opportunity you don't pass up. He was very vocal about it and said it multiple times. His opinion was clear, and he made plans to move them all out there - so a pretty serious stance.

He said he chooses Mer and the kids. He's a great husband, father, and person for doing so.

However, Mer's smart enough to know that all the longing and desire he had for the project doesn't just disappear because he chooses her. It's still there, and eventually will bubble to the surface and manifest itself as resentment and trouble to their marriage.

Him choosing to stay is a temporary band-aid of a solution. Meredith sees Derek as a whole person and does want him to do his dream project (while simultaneously wanting him as a husband and father to her kids). Him just completely giving it up hurts her because she knows it causes pain (or will eventually) to him.

So yeah, Meredith's not unreasonable at all.
Old 09-25-2014, 11:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

Rightttt she's not reasonable.

She knows this is gonna cause problems for their marriage later on.. like you said wanting something doesn't just disappear cause he just had an emotional case and gave up this big job for his family.

Old 09-25-2014, 11:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG Stargirl (View Post)
The problem is they've argued about this, and Derek has gone around for months saying this is an opportunity you don't pass up. He was very vocal about it and said it multiple times. His opinion was clear, and he made plans to move them all out there - so a pretty serious stance.

He said he chooses Mer and the kids. He's a great husband, father, and person for doing so.

However, Mer's smart enough to know that all the longing and desire he had for the project doesn't just disappear because he chooses her. It's still there, and eventually will bubble to the surface and manifest itself as resentment and trouble to their marriage.

Him choosing to stay is a temporary band-aid of a solution. Meredith sees Derek as a whole person and does want him to do his dream project (while simultaneously wanting him as a husband and father to her kids). Him just completely giving it up hurts her because she knows it causes pain (or will eventually) to him.

So yeah, Meredith's not unreasonable at all.
What exactly does she want from Derek? Does she want him to leave or stay with their family? If she wants him to stay, then she should act like it. If he leaves, their marriage is doomed and she knows it. In fact, she said as much. She's being very selfish and unreasonable. Derek doesn't deserve this.
Old 09-25-2014, 11:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

Michelle do you think the pic from Ellen is for episode 4 or 5?

Old 09-25-2014, 11:57 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShepherds (View Post)
Michelle do you think the pic from Ellen is for episode 4 or 5?
I feel like it's 4!!! But not sure. I'm losing track now. I'm excited for what's coming up though!
Old 09-26-2014, 12:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG Stargirl (View Post)
I feel like it's 4!!! But not sure. I'm losing track now. I'm excited for what's coming up though!
Same..

So Derek could still end up moving.. IDK Ellen is so good to make you wonder.. that's why she is the best.

So looking forward for epi4.. can we skip to that?

Old 09-26-2014, 01:51 AM
Dedicated Fan

I just watched the premier. I'm glad that Derek chose Mer and the kids.

I'm half thorn between wanting Mer to make up with Derek. I want them to make up so they can kiss and have make up sex () but I understand where Mer is coming from on her reaction. Gaaaaaah.

I hope we get more MerDer scenes on the upcoming episodes cause those were not enough.