oh thats still funny to me
They're not enough
Jenღ Icon by jaje
Old 02-12-2015, 05:21 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Patrick Dempsey

Jen i will be on twitter if you need me k?

derek shepherd | charmed | borrowed heaven | 💚 𝓳𝒶𝒿𝑒
Old 02-12-2015, 05:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Patrick Dempsey

Okay J thanks or saying
They're not enough
Jenღ Icon by jaje
Old 02-12-2015, 07:13 PM
Master Fan

Well, so much for the season of Meredith. That was the worst. I mean, if we're going to be Mer/Der deprived at least give us some decent Meredith - she was barely in it. She wasn't even on any of the cases. I've never seen Mer written so one-dimensionally in all the 10 1/2 seasons of Greys.

Ummm, so I at least hope Ellen got to spend some time with Stella and Sienna during the filming of this epi.

I have something I really took offense to in the main storyline. But it's not even worth discussing here.

They better be going somewhere good with M/D. This week was a crappy detour.
Old 02-12-2015, 09:14 PM
Part-Time Fan

Well that was a crappy episode. Another episode down, 4 or 5 to go till Derek is back on our screens.

I don't know why Mer would go anywhere but see her husband since I'm sure she misses him like crazy and of course her emergency sex. It'll be interesting to see where she went. It does look like she just wanted to get away judging from her face in the promo. I hope its not another roadblock for her and Derek in whatever happened.

Derek called three times so I wonder what Maggie told him or if she covered for Mer.

I'm on/off Twitter all the time, hoping for any signs of MerDer goodness and trying not to get riled up from the drama queens.

#merderstrong
Old 02-13-2015, 05:01 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Patrick Dempsey

Two episodes down ???# to go

Old 02-13-2015, 06:37 AM
Passionate Fan

I only watched the Mer scenes. For a Japril Fan I get that this episode must have been great and devastating but I couldn't care less about them. So can't really get into that storyline
I hope now they finally start to focus on Mer.
I'm not worried about the promo. I have my theory that she wanted to go but they fought so she went to a hotel alone, to relax and use the already planned but now failed weekend plans for herself. And she doesn't want the others to know and pity her so she lied. It's all a misunderstanding. And PR for us to freak out and come back and watch
I don't get the doubts and hate on Mer. She's not cheating.
We can worry about a cheating storyline when we get a Season 12,13 or 14 and Shonda runs out of storylines . . . but not now

Old 02-13-2015, 06:50 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShippingMerDer (View Post)
I only watched the Mer scenes. For a Japril Fan I get that this episode must have been great and devastating but I couldn't care less about them. So can't really get into that storyline
I hope now they finally start to focus on Mer.
I'm not worried about the promo. I have my theory that she wanted to go but they fought so she went to a hotel alone, to relax and use the already planned but now failed weekend plans for herself. And she doesn't want the others to know and pity her so she lied. It's all a misunderstanding. And PR for us to freak out and come back and watch
I don't get the doubts and hate on Mer. She's not cheating.
We can worry about a cheating storyline when we get a Season 12,13 or 14 and Shonda runs out of storylines . . . but not now
Meredith is not cheating. Even the music in the promo is their "haha, this is funny, here is comedy!" music.

I agree with you, but I don't know that it'll be a fight, could be - but maybe that he had to cancel because of something work related.

I was very distracted by mundane things like work e-mail unless I saw Meredith on the screen or heard Derek's name. This Grey's Anatomy without Patrick/MerDer pretty much sucks, and shows me it would not be Must See TV if they're gone.
Old 02-13-2015, 07:00 AM
Passionate Fan

A fight came to my mind because otherwise I would wonder why Derek called at home/Maggie 3 times. He must've tried Mer's cell some time but she didn't seem to answer if he tried home again. If they didn't fight she would've answered his calls I think

Old 02-13-2015, 07:10 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Patrick Dempsey

If she was on a flight she couldnt have her phone on. It's a five-hour flight

Old 02-13-2015, 07:15 AM
Part-Time Fan

As much as I hate the thought of Derek and Meredith fighting, I'm thinking that's what happened too. Or at the very least he spent the majority of whatever time she was there working.

With Maggie basically accusing her of cheating, I think that the relationship that was just starting to develop is going to be majorly strained.

But maybe it's just me but, I don't really like how the writer portrayed Meredith this episode. I get the wanting to see Derek, but they seemed to go out of their way to paint her as thinking of no one but herself and that's just doesn't seem like Meredith. I get that she isn't religious, and she isn't all that friendly with April or Jackson but ... the scene where she interrupted Bailey in the chapel really bothered me.
Old 02-13-2015, 07:17 AM
Passionate Fan

Yeah but she would've seen the missed calls later. And we don't know if his calls were all on one day. She wasn't flying the whole weekend So at one time he should've got a hold of her
For me a fight is the only logical reason right now why she would've canceled her plans to see Derek

Old 02-13-2015, 07:19 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Patrick Dempsey

Yeah it wasnt nice. I think they used Mer's plot as the comic relief. Only it wasnt funny. but oh well. Next episode.

Old 02-13-2015, 11:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Patrick Dempsey

hey
They're not enough
Jenღ Icon by jaje
Old 02-13-2015, 11:34 AM
Master Fan

I really hate how Meredith was written in this episode. It was supposed to be comic relief, but I didn't find it funny, at all. April and Jackson are losing a baby, which is morbid - whether you like them or not. Everyone is lighting candles for them and talking about how awful their situation is, and here's Meredith acting like all she cares about is emergency sex, not once acknowledging that her colleagues are going through something awful. That's not Meredith. At least that's not who she used to be. I know she's not super close to Jackson and April, but she and Jackson have had a bond previously. I really expected some sort of scene between them, since Meredith herself lost a baby. While the circumstances are completely difference, since Meredith wasn't near as far along and didn't have to deliver, the concept is still there.

I just...I don't know what to think, but I've had a conversation with someone on Twitter, and now I'm wondering if something is wrong with Meredith's health and that's where she really goes, masking it as a visit to see Derek when really she's seeing another doctor? I don't know. It could be interesting if they played off a storyline about Meredith suffering from injuries sustained in the plane crash. When you think about it, she didn't really have any major injuries compared to everyone else in the crash. One of my step-dad's cousins was in a car crash when he was a teenager and twenty years later died from injuries related to that crash after living a normal life.